A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 298,700
Currently Running With Scissors:
765 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What are you making for Christmas this year (2007)?  (Read 31117 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TAOJ

eating my strawberries

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: August 07, 2007 05:51:39 AM »

Is anyone else starting to work on their christmas gifts? I want to do up my list so  I can start working on it and get things crossed off  Grin  If I don't start soon I won't have enough time to finish everything. I've already picked up some supplies for the projects I already have planned.

So does anyone else want to start their lists and we can encourage each other?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008 11:34:54 AM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pixel8ed
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007 12:43:38 PM »

I was just thinking about this today actually!  I want to get started soon so I can avoid last minute panic, but so far all I've been thinking about is craft fairs in the fall.  I'd be happy to join you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
psmommy
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007 01:08:15 PM »

I've made my list (most of it), and starting crafting already!  Cheesy I've learned after last year.  Here's what I'm making:

Mom:  Knit gloves, cardinal quilt wall hanging, 2 bars soap, 12 pk tealights, 2 knit washcloths

Dad:  Knit socks, BBQ caddy, Sculpy statue of himself fishing (or Menards gift card if this tanks  Roll Eyes)

Sister:  Framed cross stitch picture of girl picking up shells at beach, 2 bars soap, 12 pk tealights, 2 knit washcloths

BIL:  Stenciled T-shirt of his boys, BBQ caddy, Fleet Farm gift card

Oldest Nephew:  Huh

Middle Nephew:  Huh

Youngest Nephew:  Knit seahorse cardi w/ matching socks, fabric book, ?

DS:  Socks (Knit and store bought), Knit Placket Sweater, Sewn Diego's Rescue Pack w/ store bought Diego toys, Fabric Book, sewn felt bug catcher set

Whew, Yeah, it's a good thing I've started already!!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amethystrain
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007 08:08:07 PM »

I'm glad I'm not the only one already planning christmas! My friends here think I'm nuts. I try to do as much homemade as possible. Here's what I got planned so far:

Mom: painted photo frame with shells, a wooden box in the shape of a book titling it "There and back again, a daughter's tale" and decoupage-ing memory stuff on the inside

Dad: an advent calender inspired by burstandbloom http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=132553.0 with all gifts being shrinky dink ornaments to go onto a small tree.

Not much, but I've already spent a ton at Michael's! Sheesh.

Oh! This is my first post too! Woo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lbaptiste
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007 05:04:00 AM »

Hey Everyone,

I just sat down to start making my list.  As usual, I'm overly ambitious about this (unfortunately!) - there are just too many ideas to say no to any of them! Wink  However, I'm taking a huge exam in mid-November, so almost all my time from now until then will be devoted to studying, so we'll see how much I actually get done.

Anyway, here is my initial list:

Husband - Huh

Mom - Bathrobe, PJ Pants & Knitted Slippers (Slippers are already done)

Dad - Record Bowl & Huh

Brother - Denim Quilted Red Sox Throw Blanket

Brother's Fiance - Knitted Hat & Super Long Scarf (Already Done)

Brother & Fiance - Personalized 'Guess Who' Game

Sister (who is a teacher) - School supply wall hanging using lots of back pockets from old jeans

Sister's Boyfriend (who is a pilot & skydiver) - A t-shirt stenciled with the quote from his favorite book, the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy "The Knack of Flying is to Throw Yourself at the Ground and Miss"

Sister & Boyfriend - Personalized 'Guess Who' Game

Grandmother - for the third year in a row, "Letter of the Week" club

Sister-in-Law - Tetris Throw Blanket & Pillows

Husband's Younger Cousins - Hidden Compartment Books

I didn't even include anyone I didn't have ideas for - the list would be too long! Smiley

Good luck everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TAOJ

eating my strawberries

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007 10:16:10 AM »

I'm glad to see there are lots of us starting early. More of a chance of getting things done!

DH  - wool socks Huh

DD1 - magic bag

DD2 - magic bag, skull illusion scarf and mitts

DS - dinosaur hat and  Huh

mother - quilt with pictures of grandkids

father - wool socks, several pairs

sister - thsirt (already bought) and ?

BIL -  Huh

nephew - magic wallet and PJ bottoms

neice 1 - PJ bottoms and headband

neice  2 - Anouk from knitty

goddaughter - Anouk from knitty

best friend - throw pillows

I still have a few to figure out, but hopefully I have time to do that before the 25th of Dec  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

catandcleo
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007 10:00:42 AM »

Oh goodness - I just joined Craftster yesterday and was already telling my boyfriend all about all the inspiration i found on here for Christmas gifts i want to make - and he thought i was crazy for talking Christmas already!!!  It's so nice to know i am not the only one! 

I haven't started making an 'official' list yet, but i will be sure to watch this board and post back when i am a bit more organized.  You guys are awesome  - and this site is so incredible for encouraging creativity - and i bet it is going to be fabulous for getting ideas when i am stumped! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TAOJ

eating my strawberries

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2007 02:42:38 PM »

I've started on one of the anouk's. They knit up quickly for anyone who has to do something for a little girl. I've also started cutting the squares for the quilt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

celestialtones
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2007 06:30:13 PM »

Hello - I just found this site and LOVE (did I say LOVE?) it!!!  So anyway, I'm new here and I wanted to comment to the Christmas Challenge '07 post.  

My hubby and I have an extremely large family....last count was 22 married couples, 5 single adults, and 38 children.  I personally challenge myself every year to "do" Christmas for less than $100 for the group.  One year, I just went to the dollar store and got cheapo gifts for the kids and made jelly for all the couples.  Last year, however, I got ambitious.

Main Married couple:  Granny & PawPaw - I made a family tree queen size quilt with all the family names hand embroidered on squares of the different branches of the tree.  If you look close on the pic you can see them.  The roots were embroidered with Granny & PawPaw's parents names, then Granny & PawPaw's name on the trunk.  It was a major hit and I'm still fielding requests from various family members for me to make one of their own.  

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd248/celestialtones/Granny_s_Quilt1.jpg

The other married couples received a 10" x 5" frame with a cross-stitch of their married family name.  That was also well received and I got lots of comments from them on how much they loved it.

The kids each got a little alphabet pillow that I made out of scrap fabric I had laying around the house.  Each child got a pillow in the shape of the first letter of their first name.  

So, this year, I have my work cut out for me.  I try to "top" myself every year, and well, I just don't know what I'm gonna do yet.  Therefore, I'm here on this site to get some ideas.  

I was also thinking about the plastic bag challenge that was just completed.  My dad is such an eccentric person that I was thinking about attempting a plastic shopping bag rain pancho or something.  He would get a kick out of that for sure!  I wonder how it would really hold up for wear though?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beckles339
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2007 09:31:22 PM »

Wow, and I thought I was the only one who really thought and planned ahead..glad to see others already ahead of me.  Although it makes me want to really get on the ball.  I actually just finished last year's Christmas for the extended family (sounds really lame, but I always make things, and well, last year I was moving, right at Christmas.)  So..with that in mind I am having some difficulty in coming up with unique ideas, but here is a list.....

All four of my sisters-I am making a recipe book, complete with all of our family recipes and memories.  I am decoupaging the cookbooks and organizers...this takes a fairly long time.

I have my inlaws this year-have no clue what to do yet

my sister in law-I am decoupaging scrapbook picture frames that say Family on them.

sister-she is getting a family tree.  It is on dark paper, with the names of the family in white, which make up the tree.  I made one for my best friend and another sister last year, which made everyone else want one.

best friend-I found a pattern for a family tree wire photo holder.

I still have two nieces that I have to do something for.  And of course, the various friends who always end up sending me something.  But there's my list for now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cutting Your Hair at Home
Finishing the Beyoncé Knowles Style
Curling the Hair - Beyoncé Knowles
Sectioning the Hair - Beyoncé Knowles
Celebrity Hairstyles - Beyoncé Knowles
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...