A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 298,658
Currently Running With Scissors:
660 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My mums picture (WARNING: bad language)  (Read 4570 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cardigan
« on: August 07, 2007 04:50:40 AM »

My mum is doing an art corse at the local polytech.
She made this piece and had to talk about it in front of the class, this is what she said:

"I call this piece 'Railspike and Three Horseshoes'. I assembled it from found objects. The spike and horse shoes are from St Andrews railway track and beach. The fabric is from our dress-up box and I found the frame in Jason's office. This work represents the coming of age of rail, subsequently signalling the end of importance for the horse. I thought about using four horseshoes but realised completing the pattern could be seen as unlucky for some. Also the three horseshoes symbolise a three-legged horse, i.e. something which has outlived its usefulness.
I have used the silk fabric and gilt frame to evoke a bygone era; a more genteel, less hectic time perhaps?"

And this is the picture:

to change your image viewing settings please click here

I laughed so hard when I saw this, and then read what she wrote about it.
When she was talking to her class she kept a totally straight face and acted as if she didn't realise what word she had created.
Some people figured out what it was instantly, others took a long time, and more still COULDN'T figure it out and had to be told.

I love my mummy =)

I didnt really want to put the warning in the title, but I knew I had to, since there are kids as young as 13 on the site.
Hope it didnt spoil the picture any!

What does everyone think?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011 09:22:09 AM by jungrrl - Reason: added mature image tag » THIS ROCKS   Logged

i am sorry for being a bad, rude swapper. i am sorry to all the partners i flaked on, and all the feelings i hurt. i feel really guilty, my life is messed up right now and i got greedy and selfish. i didnt think about anything but getting nice things. i am so sorry everyone. i'll be leaving now.
CraftyImperfections

Paper cuts and hot glue burns since 1985

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007 09:25:08 AM »

Your mom is awesome.  She seems like someone I'd really like to hang out with- and I wouldn't worry about the disclaimer spoiling anything- I didn't read your whole post and I *still* knew what it said!  Did anyone in the class comment? Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let's swap.
GeeZee
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007 11:06:34 AM »

Luvin it! One of my favorite words!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cardigan
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007 07:51:40 PM »

The whole class just laughed, they loved it!

There was a girl in one of the other art classes that came in while everyone was out of the room and put a sign up next to it about how much the picture offended her, that was really funny too.

GeeZee, its one of my favourite words too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i am sorry for being a bad, rude swapper. i am sorry to all the partners i flaked on, and all the feelings i hurt. i feel really guilty, my life is messed up right now and i got greedy and selfish. i didnt think about anything but getting nice things. i am so sorry everyone. i'll be leaving now.
annoyinglittlegirl
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007 07:55:01 AM »

Hahaha that's awesome Cheesy I love your mum's description of it. And that girl who got really offended by it clearly has no sense of humour, it's only a word!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please visit my vegetarian cookery blog Smiley views, comments and FB likes are ALWAYS appreciated!

www.amuse-your-bouche.blogspot.com
Queen of the Savages
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007 02:07:28 PM »

That is incredible.

I almost peed myself when I clicked the link.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goldandapel
an agency ov chaos

mixed media? OMNIMEDIA!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007 10:54:20 PM »

i agree. your mom is AWESOME!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dear universe: min rakastan sinua.
thefloridagurl
Crafting keeps me sane.

Rockabilly with a Vintage twist

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2007 12:47:08 PM »

Maybe its because I am a foreigner and English isnt my first language (usually I havent a problem understanding "foul" language though), but I dont get it. Can someone please enlighten me?

ETA: I got it now, sometimes all it takes is just a push in the right direction *lol*...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007 02:51:01 AM by thefloridagurl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

silknlace
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007 06:24:41 PM »

oh, that is amazing! one of my favorites too :O)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheGeekMystique
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007 11:23:38 PM »

Oh my goodness, I love your mom. And I love how you posted what she said before the picture. After I read her explanation, I was afraid the joke went over my head too, but then the picture cracked me up. Hurray for powerful language (and humor) in art!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Prepare a Sushi Plate
Making Tuna Maki
Making Wasabi
How to Make Sushi Rice
Making Sushi
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament
Falling for Autumn Crafts

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...