Here's the pattern!!
- 1/4 yd of Fleece or felt
-scrap of felt for hoofs, nose, and horns
-scrap felt for spots -OR- fabric paint/marker (also for eyes)
-needle, thread, scissors
1. Cut out all the pieces and seperate into piles- legs, body, and head. (If sewing spots on, cut out spots and sew them all on before doing anything else. If coloring or gluing, wait until everything is sewn together and stuffed)
2. Sew the ears to the head side pieces (where the red mark is on the pattern piece)
3. Sew the side pieces to the top of head piece, with the horns sewn in on the green mark. Sew the nose to the narrow end of the 3 pieces.
4. Sew the narrow end of the chin to the nose, then match up the sides of the chin to the sides of the head. (There will be a hole in the back of the head where the head will attach to the neck). Turn right-side out. Put to the side.
5. Sew the stomach piece to the 2 sides of the body, then sew the body pieces together down the back and neck. There should be a hole at the top of neck, and 4 holes for the legs.
6. Keep the body inside out, and tuck the head inside the top of the neck- the top of the head should be facing BACKWARDS inside the neck. Sew the sides of the neck to the edge of the hole in the head. Flip the entire body right-side out through one of the leg holes.
7. Lay out the leg pieces, turning over 1 piece of each set (so you have a right and left leg for the front and back) Sew the inner leg pieces to the outer leg pieces, then turn right-side out CAREFULLY.
8. Sew the top hoof pieces to the bottem hoof pieces, matching up the curve and notch. Turn right-side out and put a small bit of stuffing in the hoof. Sew the hoof to the bottem of the leg (on right side). Stuff the bottem half of the legs.
9. Matching the right sides together, sew the outside of the leg to curved hole on the body. Flip the leg downward and sew the top inside of the leg to the edge of the hole on the stomach piece. Repeat for 2 more legs.
10. Sew the top of the last leg the same as the other 3, but completly stuff the giraffe before sewing the inside seam of the leg. Tack on the tail, and either glue or draw the the spots and eyes on the giraffe.
And there ya go!! Now you have a giraffe of your very own ^_^ If you have any questions on the instructions, just ask me. I've never written instructions like this before but I did my best ^_^ Enjoy!