A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,476
Currently Running With Scissors:
710 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Swap Round 3  (Read 6823 times)
Tags for this thread: buffy_the_vampire_slayer , tv  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

xx_bumblebee_xx
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2007 03:57:53 PM »

OOO! Pretty necklaces. I love, love, the one that is in front of the Xander box!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bethiej78

pool on the roof must have a leak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2007 12:06:34 PM »

very pretty crosses!  thanks for posting, psmommy!  sorry about your windshield!   Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

side note, if any of you craftsters out there are also weight watchers members, check out my WW Blog!
kcfirecracker
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2007 12:34:47 PM »

Hey, Hey!   Yes I have received, but Craftster picture hosting has been down for a couple days, ( prior to that I have no good excuse), the pictures have been taken.  I'm ready....I'm waiting. But here's a description of what I received from  our faithful swap organizer bethiej78:

First I got a vampire be prepared-ness kit with a stake, a cross, a  holy water  garlic blub, and amulet. then she made me a braclet that says "SLAYER" on it with pretty blue and silver beads that will glow when solar powered. There was a couple witchy stamps with it but, the end all be all was my Buffy Memory game. YUPPERs. You can play it picture of person to quote of said person or like, ya' know regular memory. Beth, I have to say that was pretty awesome stroke of genius coming up with that. Now I have to wait till my other Buffy friend comes over and we're gonna play like ...um season 6? anyway I loved my package and will post pic's SOON.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Are you taking orders, or are you taking over?" -The Clash
ch-ch-cherrybomb
lovely as a split lip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2007 02:17:14 PM »

wow...there are some awesome goodies in here!  great work, you guys...
and i love the pillowcases, plucky1_08...the paint came out so even...it looks like a silkscreen or high quality iron-on Smiley
is there anyway you or your swap partner would be willing to share the tutorial for them? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thefloridagurl
Crafting keeps me sane.

Rockabilly with a Vintage twist

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2007 02:47:17 PM »

*cough cough* Did I read tutorial for the pillowcases? Well, here we go.

The key is the paint itself, it comes as a pen and is designed for fabric and also to be ironed on. I am in Germany, so honestly, I have no idea if you get anything like this in the States. They are called "Marabu Fun & Fancy Tex" (Marabu is the company that sells them).

You just need some special foil (also from Marabu) on which you will paint. Paint the image mirrored, because after it has dried, you will flip over the foil and then just iron over the foil. After it has cooled, you peel of the foil, and voil. Yes, it is that simple.

The End.

*edited for spelling errors*
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007 02:51:30 PM by thefloridagurl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ch-ch-cherrybomb
lovely as a split lip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2007 03:25:34 PM »

that does sound pretty simple Smiley
thanks for sharing...i'll have to look for them on my next visit to the fabric/craft store...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bethiej78

pool on the roof must have a leak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2007 08:23:02 PM »

thanks, kc!  glad you liked everything.  can't wait to see pics (since i stupidly did not take any before sending!)

finally got the internet back up and running in my apartment, but no good camera still.  here are three pics i managed to wrangle of my great package from scotskipper!

group shot:  anya t-shirt with anti-bunny graphics, rubber stake, apron, scooby doo playing cards, earrings, glow in the dark bracelet, and a black heart (which for some reason makes me think of spike)

me in the apron (with the stake pocket!!)  ignore my crazy face.

these cool tribal looking earrings.  this reminds me of the zombie episode with joyce and the mask, when giles is all like - "look at my mask.  isn't it pretty?  it raises the dead!"  and he makes a crazy face too.

ok, i am mad tired and this probably makes no sense, but thanks scotskipper for a great package and a lovely swap!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007 08:23:37 PM by bethiej78 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

side note, if any of you craftsters out there are also weight watchers members, check out my WW Blog!
xx_bumblebee_xx
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2007 11:54:41 AM »

I've recieved! I love all the items I recieved! Cori (luv43t) did a great job on catering to my wishes and likes. I have pictures, although they will embarrass her. She feels like she did a horrible job, but she's wrong, and she's felt so bad she is redoing some of the items to send to me. I feel bad, but the items are so wonderful, not too bad. On to pictures :

The hot pink  school accessories are very pretty (and just at the right time to, I start next Tuesday), and the candles are actually in my school colors, LOL. I liked the gel pen and the notepads too, my favorite colors! She was so good to me.

That book, The Vampire Watcher's Handbook is SOOOO cool! The front even has a shiny mirror so that you can double check to make sure your reflection is there, and thus still living. I'll definitely be reading this soon. It's got pictures, and all this vampire lore and sidenotes as if it was actually a hunter's book! And it immediately went on to my new all buffy-angel devoted bookcase. Can you find it?

And now, for the part that Cori feels shame for (though I don't know why!), my watcher's guide journal/book. I asked for something to write in to make my own episode guide and look what I got. Cori is unhappy with it however, and said that until my new one arrives that I can use it as kindling in a fire, to wrap fish in, or use as coloring pages. That made for a good, well-needed laugh!

On some of the pages there are did you know's and trivia tidbits, Some of the trivia things I actually did not know, and I tend to think I'm a buffy trivia fanatic!!  Cheesy

Thanks so much for the great swap Cori, you were an awesome partner (even if you don't think so!) Wink

P.S: Cori is going to take pictures of what I sent her soon. I forgot in the excitement of sending to take pictures. Whoops  Undecided

Edit: Oops I almost forgot, she sent me a DAVID BOREANAZ SLIDESHOW! It was full of hotness and was played to one of my favorite songs, "Leave the Pieces" by the Wreckers.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007 12:07:37 PM by xx_bumblebee_xx » THIS ROCKS   Logged
fenifer
i have freckles

there is no awesome without me.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2007 12:33:52 PM »

all that stuff is awesome bumblebee!! i think she did a great job!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i am finally on ravelry!-----http://www.ravelry.com/people/fenifer
gala_apples
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2007 03:53:50 PM »

i got my package from psmommy today. i was in the middle of taking pictures when my camera died. it's the first time it's done that, it's a new camera. so now i have to read the instruction manual and figure out what the heck to do before i post. hopefully it's a quick fix. Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not attached to your world, nothing heals, nothing grows... we used to love ourselves, we used to love one another.

life is no cabaret- we don't care what you say, we're inviting you anyway, you mf'ers, you'll sing someday!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Pinched Orange Macaroons
How to Make Spiced Cardamom Cookies
How to Make Caramelized Bread Pudding with Chocolate
How to Make Walnut-Chocolate Sticky Buns
How to Make a Sticky Toffee Pudding
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...