A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,745
Currently Running With Scissors:
494 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What can I do with this shot/wine glass?  (Read 949 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

busspass

I *heart* Craft

View Profile WWW
« on: August 03, 2007 07:22:03 AM »

http://www.addstyleuk.com/Gallery/images/extra_tall_wine_glasses___habasco.jpg

I couldn't take a picture of the set that I own. I have 4 shot/wine glasses (not sure what they are) and I'm not to sure what to do with them. They look like the ones on the right hand side of this picture.

So far the only thing I can think of, is turning them into candles or fill with a small amount of candy.

Any more ideas?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007 07:35:26 AM by jMi - Reason: Please do not hotlink images you do not own » THIS ROCKS   Logged

fencerows
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007 08:52:24 PM »

Hi! Fill with holiday homemade candy and give as gifts.  Use one to put small soaps in for the bathroom.  Hold lipsticks, cotton balls, q-tips in the bathroom.  Potpourri???  Use the four glasses as a base and balance a mirror or piece of glass on top to hold decorations for a centerpiece.  Marcia
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007 05:50:03 PM by fencerows » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007 11:28:18 PM »

Do you like fish?  What about getting a Beta fish and having it live in there.

Filling the bottom with some small stones or marbles and water and forcing some bulbs, such as paperwhites.  Or lining it with something, and filling in some dirt and growing some plants.

I would etch it too and use it to display something, like shells from a resort vacation or something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
keeperrox
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007 10:10:14 PM »

Something like that would be waaaaaaaaaaaay too small for a fish, even a Beta, to live in.

Anyway, it looks like it's a cordial glass.  About the same amount of liquor as a shot glass, but you sip the cordial as opposed to "shooting" it like a shot. I like the idea of etching something on them and then filling them with small keepsakes related to the design, but I love to etch (I typically do pilsners with sports logos, but I've done innitials on something very similar to these glasses for a bachelorette party).  I also like the idea of the small forcing bulbs.

I'm not sure I understand what your intent is for these.  Do you want to leave them on display all the time or do you want to only take them out for special occasions/certain times of year, which would lend itself to a more specific design or idea?  Do you want to hang on to them or do you want to give them as gifts?  Do you want them to be kitchen/food/wine related or do you want them to have a more general purpose?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
busspass

I *heart* Craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007 08:13:23 AM »

To be honest, I have no idea what to do with them. I think the best idea for me would be to fill them with small surprises. I don't want these glasses to go to waste.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

keeperrox
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007 09:51:31 AM »

Small suprises for other people?  I like that idea, too.  Have you ever etched before?  If you have a steady hand with an exacto, it's pretty easy. I'm sure there are different methods, but here's what I do. Clean the glass with some rubbing alcohol and smoothly put on contact paper.  You can freehand a design or print one off the internet.  If you print one off, take a pencil and completely (and darkly) shade in the paper on the reverse side.  Place the image where you want it and trace it onto the contact paper.  Use the exacto to cut out the image (whatever you cut out will be etched, so if there are details, leave the paper there).  Paint on an etching solution, let sit according to directions, wash off, and voil! People are always impressed that you've etched them something by hand and if they are personalized, even better!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Coco Rocha Cuts Off All Her Hair
Braided Undercut
Segmented Ponytail
Long and Woven Braid Tutorial
Hair Tyrant: Making Your Look More Memorable
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...