A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,514
Currently Running With Scissors:
617 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: Swirl-along (with pattern link)  (Read 21269 times)
Tags for this thread: spiral  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2007 01:32:20 PM »

The colors are beautiful! I hope things turn out right!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2007 01:35:14 PM »

I have to agree with WIPs on that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
mynta
Tutorial Contributor

True Mistress of Chaos

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2007 11:01:58 AM »

oh, lord, thats freaking awesom from this wieu... Shocked
Im working on a longsleeved sweater, but now I allso have to make a swirlwest!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

..yes, it IS like that! U should see my Craftingroom. Chaos, just chaos and Im the only one who can master that room.
pinkyrican
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2007 12:32:39 PM »

Vildhavre- wow, don't rip it- that looks so cool. I love your yarn choices. I'm sure when you add some more rows it will fit better in the front. The colors are awesome! I didn't really like the original pattern so much, but your interpretation is great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mynta
Tutorial Contributor

True Mistress of Chaos

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2007 01:23:14 PM »

Soo...
Coise of varn. WW, raspberryred with silver, denimblue, genuine strawberryred and this wonderful stormy-sea-tie-diyed yarn...
(buggers, I have a turquise angorayarn somewhere, but I cant find it! Well I save it for my next swirl, this pattern is so fun and fast and easy to do, so I just must make moooooore)

It look kind of odd in the beginning, not swirly and pinewheely at all. I was worring about made something wrong and read the pattern and redo and redo. But it still began like this, so I gave up and went on...

..luckely it turned out too be right. The pinewheel grow out fine. Unfortunally the yarn become. Ya, you see.  Angry Anyway, I solved it too an went on. More carefully and with a wathing eye on the skeins, so they didnt have the change to get to involved in eachother. Cheesy Tongue
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010 10:55:31 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

..yes, it IS like that! U should see my Craftingroom. Chaos, just chaos and Im the only one who can master that room.
Vildhavre
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2007 03:03:34 AM »

Ohh, nice colours! You'll be hard to miss when you're wearing that Wink

My swirl is fitting better in the front now. But it's still huge in the back. I've been thinking of pleating it a bit actually. So I can move some of that width to the sides and front. But it's hard to do when you don't see your back.. I need a dress form!

I've started one of the arms now. Been doing quite a bit of shaping. I can't stand arms that don't fit! It isn't perfect, but it's better at least. I'm thinking of making some sort of cable-pattern on them, they are a bit boring just plain.

Plans for next swirl: Make the top half of the swirl larger, increase less in the bottom half of the wedges
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for a DIY handmade paper kit!
boogersmiley
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2007 06:25:50 PM »

that is so cool!  Are you planning on adding sleeves?  I think it is very pretty the way it is.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mynta
Tutorial Contributor

True Mistress of Chaos

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2007 05:29:32 AM »

How did you do for better fitting in the front, Vildhavre? *curios*

Yea, a pleat in the back of the waist would probably look very nice at this modell. Or maybe a crochet belt, the kint you tie -attached in some way, somewhere on the shirt. *being very unclear, eh?*

Ooh, cabled sleeves sounds very pretty! ^^

Havent any pics yeat, but my cardigan have the lovely swirl in the back (of course) and when the pieslices take over I have the swirlcolurs in ripples, mixed with black thick woolyarn, instead of genuine onecolorfields. Very nice, if I may say soo myself.

I dont have this shawlneckline, becuse it do not suit me at all.  Tongue Makes me look like an old turtle.  ::)But now Im thinking of add a loooong pointy hood. Proably in only black, and maybe, just maybe with a thin trim framing the face... Yea, yea, well se, Im not there yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vildhavre
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2007 06:13:58 AM »

I just added a couple of more rows in the front, or rather, I finished the four rows I had going Wink And then decided that it wouldn't overlap in the front. I'll have to think of some sort of closing. Maybe buttons and crocheted loops..

I've been thinking of both pleats and a belt Wink I've knitted a black I-cord that will be the belt. But I'll see when I manage to pleat it, maybe the belt will be unnecessary. I don't know how I'll manage to pleat it though.. Maybe I can make a 'dress form' from a pillow or something. Or I'll wait until Melladh comes here and I'll let her pleat Tongue

Here is a picture of my arm shaping.
http://130.243.169.38:6180/bilder/swirl-7.jpg

And here are the cables on the arm Smiley The arm isn't that big, it's just my wrist that's freakishly thin.. The cables are supposed to look like twigs.. but I don't know if I really succeeded with that.. I'm thinking of adding leaves or flowers when it's finished maybe.
http://130.243.169.38:6180/bilder/swirl-8.jpg

Unfortunately I'm running out of the green yarn, so I don't know if I should start arm no. 2 or if I should crochet that one in another colour.. I'll have to look for more of that yarn in my lys tomorrow.

I might steal your design entirely for my second Swirl Mynta Wink It sounds gorgeous! I want to see more pictures!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013 06:08:45 PM by pinkleo - Reason: non-working imgs to links » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for a DIY handmade paper kit!
mynta
Tutorial Contributor

True Mistress of Chaos

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2007 06:43:07 AM »

Closure. Oh, I know! *bounce* You know that interesting Hook-thingie you often see on norweigan sweaters... http://images.tradera.com/858/49480858_1.jpg (cant find a better pic, sorry) It would be georgeuos at your shirt!

« Last Edit: July 22, 2013 06:09:31 PM by pinkleo - Reason: non-working imgs to links » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Faux Hawk Ponytail Tutorial
6 Amazingly Simple Hairstyles for Lazy Girls
How to Create a Full Messy Bun
Coco Rocha Cuts Off All Her Hair
Braided Undercut
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...