A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 299,134
Currently Running With Scissors:
487 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: Swirl-along (with pattern link)  (Read 22426 times)
Tags for this thread: spiral  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Vildhavre
« on: August 06, 2007 09:22:05 AM »

I first saw Swirl a couple of days ago. And immediately fell in love. I knew that I HAD to make it. So I started.

I don't like grey and I don't have the amount needed of a single yarn. So I thought 'Why not make it in scrap yarn?'. And thus it became the Scrap-Swirl. Right now I'm using Noro blossom, some wool/nylon sock blend, a wool/cotton blend and a wool yarn I dyed a couple of years ago. The not-swirly part of the sweater wrap will be striped in different yarns and colours.. And if I'm adventurous I'll change the pattern on the arms. I'm not so fond of that.

Anyone else want to join me? The swirl itself is easy, but I've never crocheted anything this big before so I am kind of scared..
You know you can't resist the Swirl! Wink
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013 06:07:11 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for a DIY handmade paper kit!
carole73
My family IS my life!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007 09:32:25 AM »

Lovely, I love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Families are like a box of chocolates... some have nuts in them Smiley
La famille c'est numro 1
sleepybunny
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007 09:45:34 AM »

Wow! your colour scheme is gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Vildhavre
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007 12:46:16 PM »

Thank you!

I've just completed the swirl. So far no problems at all. At least not if you don't count me missing where I should have stopped and continuing for another round Wink I'll go on to the pie wedges tomorrow, time for some sleep now. I'm wondering if I can work the wedges in one piece since I'll be making them striped and not in one colour as in the pattern.. But that is a question for tomorrow Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007 03:20:35 PM »

I've had my eye on that pattern for awhile. The colors you chose are so beautiful! I'll be watching this thread.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
Vildhavre
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007 01:19:11 AM »

I need more people to join in, because now it's getting trickier! Wink

I've started the first wedge, and stopped after a while because I want to see how big it gets. I'm a quite small person so I don't want to drown in it.. So I continued to the second one. I hope I've understood the directions. It seems like you shouldn't try to join the wedges now (but I can't see why, that must be easier to do). So I've just crocheted a couple of rows on wedge two so far.

Wedge two is in the bottom part of the picture. Now that I see the picture I actually want the top in the picture to be the top, not the right part of the picture as it is going to be, due to how the swirl looks Undecided Oh well.. I'll get over it, and maybe crochet another one later.. I still like this one, even though it isn't perfect.
http://130.243.169.38:6180/bilder/swirl-2.jpg
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013 06:08:05 PM by pinkleo - Reason: non-working imgs to links » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mynta
Tutorial Contributor

True Mistress of Chaos

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007 04:04:42 AM »

Yes, i know... Wink Cheesy I cant resist Da Swirl!
*jumps on the swirlwagon* Ill doing mine of my scrapyarn for the swirl itself an the rest will be black. And ill proably put some lacey bellsleeves on. (if there is a done pattern, I GOT to myntifie it. Tongue Roll Eyes )
Uppdates coming soon... ^^
Yay, love your colourchoice btw, Vildhavre!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

..yes, it IS like that! U should see my Craftingroom. Chaos, just chaos and Im the only one who can master that room.
Vildhavre
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2007 02:20:15 AM »

The finished garment will consist of a big circle with two arms in it, if I've understood correctly. So the wedges are the outer parts of the circle. The solid coloured parts outside the swirl Smiley

Mynta: Yay! It's nice to see someone else doing this! I think your version will look fabulous Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mynta
Tutorial Contributor

True Mistress of Chaos

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2007 08:39:04 AM »

Mynta: Yay! It's nice to see someone else doing this! I think your version will look fabulous Cheesy
With a pattern like this, it cant something else than great!  Kiss Coming upp with piccies soon. I have this red tarn with silver in it i the middleswirl and Im in love allready. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

..yes, it IS like that! U should see my Craftingroom. Chaos, just chaos and Im the only one who can master that room.
Vildhavre
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2007 11:06:28 AM »

I've been crocheting for a while now..

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2183/2288517280_ff296e7396_o.jpg

I do not like patterns that's hard to try on while you're making them.. It's too small over my bust, it's too big in the back below my waist and it's a bit too small in the back between my arms..

To rip or not to rip..

Right now I'm hoping that the bust issue will be better because I've added a couple of rows in that area, and that the back will look better when I can close it properly.

I should have continued on the swirl for a couple of rows more. And I'm not sure this pattern is made for small and short people like me Undecided
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013 06:08:21 PM by pinkleo - Reason: non-working imgs to links » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Neon Fashion Trend Blowing Up
Street Chic: Rock Chicks
Nicole Richie Perfects NYC Cool in Fringe, Fur, and Leather
See How Vanessa Hudgens Does Casual Polish at the DVF Loves Roxy Event
Dukes Of Melrose Fashion Picks For Last "Meal"
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...