A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 301,591
Currently Running With Scissors:
545 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: Swirl-along (with pattern link)  (Read 24439 times)
Tags for this thread: spiral  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Alexus1325
« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2010 12:30:03 PM »

YAY! I started mine yesterday Cheesy It took three tries to figure out how to do the swirl properly. Duh. You actually let go the loop of colour A and leave it, then start with B, leave that loop behind when starting C, etc. Argh, that was a revelation 2 hours in the making Tongue FYI, I'm using this GORGEOUS premium mohair blend in burgundy, navy, gold and rust, plus I'll be trimming with another random premium yarn that has those colours plus purple in it. The best part? These are all one-off (or small quantity) sample yarns that my local craft shop gets on a regular basis, so they are only $3.25 per ball!

I'm already 3 rows past the armholes. I'm doing it different from the pattern, and more like how most of you seem to have done it. Thank heavens I have most of Lion Brand's "Circular Motion" sweater under my belt or I'd be even more confused. Yes, I'm working on two different sweaters at the same time *slaps own wrist* Tongue

I'll have a picture up later today, and here's the Circular Motion sweater for those interested (must be a member to view):

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70621AD.html
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70488AD.html

Can you tell I'm into circles lately?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alexus1325
« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2010 07:01:57 PM »

So the camera had to be charged, then I got forgetful Tongue I hate running out of yarn, but hopefully I can make up for it on the trim.

The shrug laid out (haven't seamed the shoulders yet):

A better representation of the colours:

And the fancy multicolour yarn for finishing it off:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mynta
Tutorial Contributor

True Mistress of Chaos

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2010 06:07:51 AM »

Alexus1325: Ooh thats AWESOME!  Cheesy  Your version seems too be georgeous! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

..yes, it IS like that! U should see my Craftingroom. Chaos, just chaos and Im the only one who can master that room.
babukatorium
« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2010 03:50:54 PM »

Thank You mynta for asking me to follow! I'm new here, and my english is helped by google, so be indulgent! @;)

What a lovely idea to show the different ways to crochet the same pattern! Wonderful works You all did!

Well...my swirl is a bit different from Yours...I'm a self tought crocheter, completely unable to read patterns! Most of the times I just start to make something and it "teaches itself". I've always been in love with geometric designs, so I decided to make a swirl for fun...and it bacame a vest! I closed it with a decorated safety pin bought in a marketplace in Firenze (Florence, Italy). I hope You will like it!
For more photos of the same vest: http://www.flickr.com/photos/babukatorium/sets/72157623444602065/
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010 04:05:18 PM by babukatorium » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alexus1325
« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2010 07:34:06 PM »

Wow, Babukatorium!!! That looks great! I went to look at your flickr pictures, and ALL your crochet vests are beautiful! I like how you say that your crochet "teaches itself."

I'm glad you like mine, Mynta Cheesy My boyfriend was very confused by it Tongue How did the vest for your daughter turn out?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

babukatorium
« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2010 08:39:59 PM »

Thank You so much Alexus1325! I'm really happy that You like my works! @;) ...Every pattern-free project has it's own identity, I think. They have to tell me what/how they want to become!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mynta
Tutorial Contributor

True Mistress of Chaos

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 03, 2010 05:22:23 AM »

Alexus1325
Weeell, it kind of sleeping right now....  But as soon it is ON again,I will tell ya. Wink

babukatorium:I showed your stuff for some friends on msn yesterday. They all got like "WOOOOAAW"

later  on I noticed one of them linked to your Flickr on her FBplank... XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

..yes, it IS like that! U should see my Craftingroom. Chaos, just chaos and Im the only one who can master that room.
babukatorium
« Reply #87 on: December 03, 2010 08:13:17 AM »

mynta: So it was Your "fault" that my flickr staistics reached the stars!!! @;) I couldn't understand what happened to have more than 300 visits! Thank You!!! I shown Your red-black swirl to my mother... She was agree with me: Yours is better than mine!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Your life is what you make of it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #88 on: December 03, 2010 08:37:17 AM »

WOW!  you guys do wonderful work!  I love the swirls!

I am a new crocheter but I have been collecting all of the things I want to learn!

Babukatorium--I looked at all of your pictures! Your vests are simply gorgeous gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happiness
« Reply #89 on: December 05, 2010 09:06:11 PM »

Quick question. How do you determine what size you need? How do the small and large sizes correspond to American clothing sizes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Age-Appropriate Style Tips
Style Tips For Large Behinds
Maternity Wear Makeovers
Katy Perry Channels Her Inner Smurf in Two Blue Looks
Diane Von Furstenberg Designs Adorable Gap Kids Collection
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Souvenir Tea Towel Pillow
Spotlight on: Making Toys
May 27, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...