A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,463
Currently Running With Scissors:
575 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: Swirl-along (with pattern link)  (Read 21243 times)
Tags for this thread: spiral  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Vildhavre
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2007 06:49:54 AM »

Doh! Why didn't I think of that? I even have a couple of those.. Thank you Mynta! Cheesy

Now I'll just have to find them..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for a DIY handmade paper kit!
mynta
Tutorial Contributor

True Mistress of Chaos

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2007 02:52:00 PM »

The swirl took form and the colours grew together...

Its a bit brain-turn-off-activity of swirlcroching and the hand getting over... But my crafty reptilbrain took over a bit too early, so i just increased and increased and increased far beyond the magic line of "156 stiches etablished pattern part". Gnarf. So the swirl turned out slightely ruffled. No way Im ripping this up, so I decided to continued with the first piewedge anyway. Let me introduce: sweet liqourice with sparkly strawberryrippel! Grin

It is longer now and the rippel getting thinner and thinner. This wedge will be th bottompart and it will be long. My butt is frozen by nature, so i do prefer to cover it up, when the rain washes summer away...
I had to modified the pattern quite a bit for get the "right"(of me decired) rippleffekt. Qutte early i let the red yarn turn from dubbelchains to dingelchains. -and have it icreasing towards the middle.
To compention this I made trippelchain when turning the black yarn.

Then make to singlestiches of the red yarn, a dc...

..in the same time I crothed the black one inside the red one, so I wouldnt mess up the "red line" (oh, Im soo funny Tongue It is even more funny in swedish, we have this saying about "the red thread" meaning something wich keep the storys structure. Wink )Anyway, heres the pics too illustrade my messy blabbing.

--------------------------------------------------------
I feel this urge to put something in the middle of the swirl. I was thinking of a red heart or a skull or something. But then it struck me. An evil eye, blue as the sky! With the iris in swirlcroching!!!!!!!! But only in sc, in four different bright blue-s! Hii.
And that inspired me to plan even more traditionally evileyes. Two more, bigger swirleyes for attach on front-top of the hood...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010 09:38:21 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

..yes, it IS like that! U should see my Craftingroom. Chaos, just chaos and Im the only one who can master that room.
Vildhavre
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2007 11:43:26 PM »

Wow, I love the black and red Mynta! And I think an evil eye will look very cool Cheesy

My Swirl has been lying on the couch for a couple of days.. I've got more yarn, so the sleeves will be first green and then brown. But I'm thinking of ripping and removing the cables on the arms. They doesn't look very good in the brown yarn.. Maybe I can embroider something on the arms afterwards instead.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mynta
Tutorial Contributor

True Mistress of Chaos

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2007 07:49:36 AM »

oh, no. What a shame, the cables are great. (stupid yarn) But a crafter have to do what a crafter have to do, I supose... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

..yes, it IS like that! U should see my Craftingroom. Chaos, just chaos and Im the only one who can master that room.
colorlessblue
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2007 08:49:43 AM »

you guys who are working on it: it seems from the pics that the more it grows, the edges start to curl, kind of like the increasings aren't all that even. i was thinking about using that pattern for an afghan or tablecloth.. do you think it's adaptable?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd rather be a climbing ape than a falling angel."
Terry Pratchett
http://colorlessblue.blogspot.com/
mynta
Tutorial Contributor

True Mistress of Chaos

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2007 11:37:24 AM »

you guys who are working on it: it seems from the pics that the more it grows, the edges start to curl, kind of like the increasings aren't all that even. i was thinking about using that pattern for an afghan or tablecloth.. do you think it's adaptable?
[/quote
Absolutely!
Oh, the edges on min started to curl just because I lost myself in the crothening and forgot to stop increase the round when I supposed too. Cheesy
(btw, my swirlcardigan do still growing, if someone wondering. But not fast, Ill wait to post more pics, until its get more intersting...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vildhavre
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2007 11:48:04 AM »

It should be adaptable. I didn't find that the edges curled that much. You could flatten it out. And if you notice any curling you can just rip a bit and decrease less. But with blocking you shouldn't have any problems.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mynta
Tutorial Contributor

True Mistress of Chaos

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2007 09:05:32 PM »

...and Im patiantly and sloooowly swirling forward.... Wink

Last uppdates. The bottonskirt of my cardigan (or maybe coat by now? It is long, goes to the back of my knees. Tongue)
Im very pleased how the ripples turned out. Just the way I wanted them! Kiss

Closer pic on the sleevehole.

This pic allso illustrate the diffences betwenn my choice of reds.
 Cry The black yarnball is my last of this yarn. It will not last for the shirt. I really hope I can find some more. (going to shop yarn, stach and thread this week, anywAY!!!!!! Grin)

I allso finished my three blue swirly eyes. One are suppose to be placed in the middle on the big swirl, the two other on the pointed hood I plan to give my cardigan.

Those eyes wherer so fun too make, I will absolutely make more of those! They will look nice on armwarmers, placed i the palm, on fruitcozys, on jugglingballs.... Unlimeted possibilites! Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007 09:35:29 PM by mynta » THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2007 09:16:02 PM »

Wow, that looks really cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
Vildhavre
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2007 12:53:35 AM »

Yeah! It looks great Cheesy

I'm working on finishing my arms right now. After a bit of ripping they're coming along nicely.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Deal or No Deal?: Anthony Eats America Ep. 3 - Deleted Scene
How to Make Oyster Stuffing
How to Make Corn Maque Choux
Apple and Ham Eggs Benedict Recipe
The Missing Black Chefs
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...