A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 304,013
Currently Running With Scissors:
392 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pink & White Sundress I made for my 5 yr. old niece  (Read 926 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

IonlyTRY2sewYaKnow

And a Fa, La, La to you too, Mister.

View Profile
« on: August 05, 2007 11:21:43 PM »

First, let me say that I discovered this website a couple of months ago, and I absolutely LOVE IT.   I have frequented this site religiously since having discovered it, but just recently decided to register(a few days ago).

Okay, now for the sundress...

I have a brother who was married last month, in July.  I live pretty far away from my family but speak with my sister often on the telephone.  I called her up the night before our brother's wedding and she told me she had nothing for her daughter to wear to the ceremony.  ONE DAY before the wedding, right?  Why she waited so long, is beyond me.  Never fear, I told her.  Aunt Wendy will throw something together with some handy dandy scrap material laying around the sewing room.  It took me half the night to sew this darn thing because I had to wait until my kids were snoozing to get anything done without interruptions...and of course...I procrastinated and put it off until almost 12midnight...so by the time the actual wedding rolled around I was beat from no sleep.  But this is what I came up with for my niece to wear to the wedding and she was thrilled  because   she absolutely adores pink (I had no pattern to use but guesstimated as best I could for the fit...which ended up a little off and *ahem* a little crooked as well~so ignore the lopsidedness and all the errors that are ever so apparent in the photos....heh~...plus we had to make a slight adjustment to the buttons I had originally put in the back because it was a little too snug to fasten them.  I just removed the buttons, and sewed some matching ribbon on for ties,  it wasn't the best, but it worked, and using the ribbon as ties worked great btw because it gave a little more room when tied loosely...I also made the little hair bow she's wearing with the same color ribbon as I put on the dress...so at least it all matched..ha.)  Anyway, here's some photos.  

« Last Edit: August 07, 2007 06:56:16 AM by IonlyTRY2sewYaKnow - Reason: Inserting the photo, removing link. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It's not about the way you pick your nose...it's where you place the booger that counts."
notverytalented
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007 11:57:35 PM »

That's really sweet and she looks like a sweety wearing, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nancyta
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007 04:41:39 AM »

that's really nice of you to make the dress the night before the wedding and it looks great!
good job
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shenjall
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007 05:07:49 PM »

Thats sooo cute!  My 5yr old dd loves pink too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xx_Kellybean
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007 06:19:58 PM »

ohhh that's adorable!! what a lucky niece you have.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cheytown
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007 09:05:08 PM »

adorable - love the little bows. what a super auntie you are!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Quilt Top Design Advice
How to Build Your Own Bean Bag Toss Game
DIY Colorful Leather-Wrapped Keychains
DIY Craft Trays for Cars
Make It Easy: DIY Craft Trays for Cars
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...