A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 299,151
Currently Running With Scissors:
655 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Amanda's Squatty Sidekick anyone?  (Read 10806 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

amyb444
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2007 07:13:31 PM »

ETA: Here it is shaved, buttoned, and with  my stuff in it.

how do you shave a bag?
I tried to shave it with one of those sweater pill shavers, but these white fluffies were really stuck down. So I had to use my husband's disposable razor. I'm really glad he wasn't home or he would have made so much fun of me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

frenchnewwave
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2007 06:44:20 AM »

I started mine last night. Forgot to take pics, but will do so tonight!

I'm using Cascade 220 in orange, and might throw in a few yellow stripes with leftovers from my stash.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nyx_slittleDemon
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2007 09:23:11 AM »

like i posted in the original post for this bag..i had a dream about this bag now i must make one lol. it will be my first felted anything so im happy about it. i have a light bright green yarn i want to use and maybe see about putting a liner in it with some black and white striped fabric..Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

treiga
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2007 06:32:17 PM »

I finished my sidekick the other night and put the button on today. I wasn't able to get pics up, but I will try in a few days. I used up some of my own hand spun. It kinda felted a little weird but it still looks pretty good! I haven't finished a project in a while so this was a nice little project to do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
frenchnewwave
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2007 09:05:29 AM »

I'm almost done mine! I just need to finish the handle and the flap, and then throw it in the wash to felt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gobanana
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2007 08:37:15 AM »

Everyone's bags look great so far!  I can't wait to see more.   Smiley

After numerous mishaps (including my wonderful JoAnn's circular needle breaking, argh!) I finally finished mine.

I decided to go with the yellow tweed, and use the galway grey for the back to school vest from fitted kits.  I was really nervous about using up the yellow cus I had a feeling I wasn't going to like the result.  It actually turned out better than I expected.  Here it is laying flat: 

Drying on top of my bunny's playhouse.  The color is really washed out here.

And a shot of the back.  You can still see some vertical lines, but I decided to live with it instead of risking it shrinking too much.  I think it's the perfect size, and the lines aren't as noticeable on the front. 

The tweed flecks are red, blue, and green.  Now I just need to find a button...I think a dark-ish wood one will look good. 

Yay!  Yellow makes me happy.   Cheesy
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007 08:44:18 AM by gobanana » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm katieknits on Ravelry!
treiga
« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2007 04:05:06 PM »

Love the bag. The yellow is really pretty. I am always "afraid" to buy yellow yarn because I am not ever sure that I will like how it turns out! Great job! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
funkyhooker
« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2007 06:27:00 PM »

I love that yellow yarn with the flecks in it!!  Your sidekick looks great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I wist! http://www.wists.com/savagerabbit

-----BEGIN KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
K E R Exp+ SPM Wood+ Bamboo ++ Steel+++ Baa+++ Syn-- Nov Lux+ @ Stash+++ Scale+ Fin Ent- FI- Int- Tex+ Lace-- Felt++  Flat Circ+ DPN+++ ML-- Swatch-- KIP+++ Blog SNB+++ EZ? FO? WIP3 F-- DK++ ALT Cr X Sw  
-----
Yarnlova
« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2007 11:47:44 AM »

funkyhooker I love your bag!

I started one in Paton's SWS Natural Earth that I had in my stash.  I have 2 balls, hope that is enough!  I'm about half way through it, and its going very well.  I could easily have this done in a day if I only had more time!  I can't wait to see more pics of everyone's Squatty!  I'll post mine when finished.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
treiga
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2007 07:26:39 PM »

Here is a pic of my Squatty Sidekick. I used my own handspun wool. It was the first real yarn that I had spun, so needless to say that it was a little uneven to work with! But it felted like a dream!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Set the Werewolf Makeup
Face Painting - Tiger Face Details
Final Touches for the Tiger Face
Using a Pencil Sketch of the Tiger Face
How to Apply Base Coat for Tiger Face Makeup
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...