A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 301,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
387 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Amanda's Squatty Sidekick anyone?  (Read 11149 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gobanana
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2007 12:28:51 PM »

I've never made a felted bag before.. does this need to have a lining put in?

Nope!  Only if you want to.  It won't be hole-y or anything. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm katieknits on Ravelry!
amyb444
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2007 08:20:50 PM »

Mine just came out of the dryer and is sitting beside me drying (it's hot here, so we're sharing the fan). I'm really excited because the shape turned out perfectly, the color didn't fade at it, and once I wrung it out it was almost completely dry!! Do any of you remember having Crayola markers, and there were ones called "Bold"? Well this yarn matches the Bold Fuchsia almost exactly (at least how I remember it). It sounds weird, but it's a really juicy color. Knitting it almost made my mouth water!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

krissykat
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2007 04:03:59 PM »

Mine just came out of the dryer and is sitting beside me drying (it's hot here, so we're sharing the fan). I'm really excited because the shape turned out perfectly, the color didn't fade at it, and once I wrung it out it was almost completely dry!! Do any of you remember having Crayola markers, and there were ones called "Bold"? Well this yarn matches the Bold Fuchsia almost exactly (at least how I remember it). It sounds weird, but it's a really juicy color. Knitting it almost made my mouth water!
Awesome. I can totally picture that colour now. Great description. It's making me think of  strawberry flavoured Bubblicious for some reason.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*MySpace*My Wists*My Knitting/Crafting Blog*My Etsy* Watch for updates!
MorbidlyCute on Ravelry.com
amyb444
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2007 12:14:10 PM »

Okay, here is my bag. It still needs to be shaved and buttoned.

This pic isn't all that great, the one side looks like it sticks out more than the other, but it doesn't. Bbut it was 97 outside today, so I didn't feel like messing with it. This pic also washes out the color again, but I'm sure you're sick of me saying that by now.  Wink

I'm really happy with how it turned out, and I can't wait to go button shopping for it!

ETA: Here it is shaved, buttoned, and with  my stuff in it.

Obviously I haven't needle felted an embellishment yet. And the flash made the button/toggle look a lot lighter than it is, I promise it doesn't clash in real life. That's what's left of the skein of Lamb's Pride, yay for one skein projects!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007 06:38:41 PM by amyb444 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

SlickMariaVic
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2007 03:37:41 AM »

Those who have finished this project-how much space does the purse actually have? Enough for wallet and keys?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That which is creative must create itself -" Keats

Pinterest
http://pinterest.com/slickmariavic/
krissykat
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2007 06:33:50 AM »

Okay, here is my bag. It still needs to be shaved and buttoned.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/amybeth4/100_2581.jpg
This pic isn't all that great, the one side looks like it sticks out more than the other, but it doesn't. Bbut it was 97 outside today, so I didn't feel like messing with it. This pic also washes out the color again, but I'm sure you're sick of me saying that by now.  Wink

I'm really happy with how it turned out, and I can't wait to go button shopping for it!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/amybeth4/100_2596.jpg
Obviously I haven't needle felted an embellishment yet. And the flash made the button/toggle look a lot lighter than it is, I promise it doesn't clash in real life. That's what's left of the skein of Lamb's Pride, yay for one skein projects!
Looks great! I like your choice of button, too. I wouldn't have even thought to use a toggle-shaped one.

Those who have finished this project-how much space does the purse actually have? Enough for wallet and keys?
There should be more than enough, unless it comes out much smaller than the finished size listed in the pattern. (It should come out to around 10" long and 4" tall  after it's felted, which is fairly roomy without being too bulky.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*MySpace*My Wists*My Knitting/Crafting Blog*My Etsy* Watch for updates!
MorbidlyCute on Ravelry.com
tygra
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2007 08:45:06 AM »

oh wow! everyone's bags look so great so far! it's cool to see variations on the original pattern, such as the striped slightly elongated one by funkyhooker. keep those bags coming everyone!

There should be more than enough, unless it comes out much smaller than the finished size listed in the pattern. (It should come out to around 10" long and 4" tall  after it's felted, which is fairly roomy without being too bulky.)

just to follow up on what krissykat said, i have a big grandma style wallet, a glasses case, cell phone, tiny dayplanner (that's the size of a tiny notepad), and a pouch with my keys, lip balm, other assorted girly treasures etc. inside of my bag. if you click on the link in the first post of this thread you'll see my version of the bag, which turned out pretty much exactly the dimensions estimated in the original pattern. i hope that helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

übercherry goodies make you feel übercheery inside!
http://ubercherry.com
http://ubercherry.blogspot.com
amyb444
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2007 11:20:54 AM »

I had enough room for a short, fat wallet, cell phone, nasal spray (I know, I'm so sexy. I list this because it's actually kind of big and it fit in, it's bigger than the cell phone) and then all the smaller stuff like eyedrops, lip balm, etc. One thing I did though was to put all that in it before I put the button on, and then mark where to put the button so that it was big enough to fit all that and still be closed (if that makes sense).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

epsilon
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2007 05:57:15 PM »

how do you shave a bag?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
treiga
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2007 06:52:59 PM »

oooh... I just found this and I can't wait to get started! I have the wool ready to and everything!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use the Rotobrush Tool in After Effects
Where to Find 3D Visualization Resources
How to Use Free Stuff from Google in Funtimerhinestone
How to Take 3D Photographs
How to Draw Betty Boop
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen
Meatless Monday: TVP Jerky

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...