A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,630
Currently Running With Scissors:
573 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Amanda's Squatty Sidekick anyone?  (Read 9650 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

krissykat
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2007 04:03:31 PM »

Awesome. I've never thought of it that way, but I'll bet you're right.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*MySpace*My Wists*My Knitting/Crafting Blog*My Etsy* Watch for updates!
MorbidlyCute on Ravelry.com
kelliz
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2007 06:55:01 PM »

I had no idea this KAL was going on!  I just (almost) finished a pink one.  I have to find my directions for the kitchener stitch then felt.  I'll have to post a pic.  I started another one, too......probably to avoid doing the kitchenering!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
frenchnewwave
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2007 06:39:59 AM »

Kitchener is really super easy. I was nervous about it at first, but it's a breeze.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
isisfae
New England Yarn Addict

i poke badgers with spoons!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2007 08:05:55 AM »

mine is done!!!

it's a bit smaller than i expected (stupid me forgot about it while it was in the washer and it got a full wash cycle), but it's the perfect size for taking just a cell phone, small wallet, inhaler, and iPod with me when i'm going out for drinks with friends. and it can sit in the crook of my elbow and no one can reach in (it's super tiny)

i might knit another one sometime soon (my mom told me she might steal mine if i don't use it)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. ~Mark Twain
amyb444
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2007 02:09:32 PM »

I started mine today and got done with the increase section. This pic doesn't show the color very well, it's such an exciting color, very rich and bright.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

krissykat
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2007 02:16:10 PM »

mine is done!!!

it's a bit smaller than i expected (stupid me forgot about it while it was in the washer and it got a full wash cycle), but it's the perfect size for taking just a cell phone, small wallet, inhaler, and iPod with me when i'm going out for drinks with friends. and it can sit in the crook of my elbow and no one can reach in (it's super tiny)

i might knit another one sometime soon (my mom told me she might steal mine if i don't use it)
Do you have a pic to post?

I started mine today and got done with the increase section. This pic doesn't show the color very well, it's such an exciting color, very rich and bright.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/amybeth4/100_2579.jpg
Good start. I love how quickly this knits up. I love the colour, even if the pic doesn't do it justice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*MySpace*My Wists*My Knitting/Crafting Blog*My Etsy* Watch for updates!
MorbidlyCute on Ravelry.com
funkyhooker
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2007 06:54:38 PM »

I saw this purse about a week ago and decided I must have one! I decided to make mine somewhat larger tho.  I need the space.  I love it minus the closure.  It came out kinda wonky and organic.  Oh well,, I still love it!  I used Lion Wool (orange), Patons for felting (green) and Patons CM (Gold).  I've had 3 random strangers comment on it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I wist! http://www.wists.com/savagerabbit

-----BEGIN KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
K E R Exp+ SPM Wood+ Bamboo ++ Steel+++ Baa+++ Syn-- Nov Lux+ @ Stash+++ Scale+ Fin Ent- FI- Int- Tex+ Lace-- Felt++  Flat Circ+ DPN+++ ML-- Swatch-- KIP+++ Blog SNB+++ EZ? FO? WIP3 F-- DK++ ALT Cr X Sw  
-----
Riki
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2007 11:12:09 PM »

Well. I've got mine almost done - up to the handles and then realized it told me to to I-cord which, being an OLD knitter I don't know how to do, so had to bring it to work in order to pull up instructions on the Internet (my books are also OLD).

It is taking more yarn than I expected - but I'm using a very old Paton's chunky-ish yarn called "Doublet". I want to make several ... but I think I like this last picture that has a taller bag and may do that! I may also make the next one longer because I want one that my mother or sister can use for their Bible when they go to church ... plus wallet (hafta give offering, right?) plus add a pouch for keys and perhaps cell phone (not sure about that in church, haha!)

It is fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kazkitty
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2007 09:53:46 AM »

I'm hoping to finish knitting mine tonight.. I'm only up to row 27.. but I don't have work tomorrow, so I can happily knit away into the wee hours.. XD And then I can try to felt it tomorrow. In the sink. Becaus eI only have a front loading washer an dI won't be able to check on it.. which means.. felting by hand. boo

I've never made a felted bag before.. does this need to have a lining put in?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
isisfae
New England Yarn Addict

i poke badgers with spoons!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2007 10:54:25 AM »

krissykat-- i should be able to get pics tonight and will post them before the week is out
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. ~Mark Twain
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Brownie Cupcakes
Mini Gluten-Free Pistachio Cakes
How to Make Mince Pie Pinwheels
How to Tie a Tie (Windsor Knot)
How to Make a Gorgeous Lattice Pie Crust
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...