A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 304,743
Currently Running With Scissors:
474 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: shrinky dink issues  (Read 1322 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

red_phooka
Geek

I <3 Zombies!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2007 06:07:36 AM »

It depends on how big you want your earrings to be! Cheesy
There is usually a little diagram of how much they shrink, and my package has a ruler inside with ratios marked off (if you start out this big they will end up this big).
I just picked up my sealer at a department store, not sure the brand even. I don't know if there is one really good one, but to my knowledge they all generally do the same thing Smiley There are also different effects (like matte or glossy) but that's personal taste I guess.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xbostonvanillax
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2007 05:38:22 AM »

is it true you can do it with clear nailpolish? i dont have acess to sealer but i'm afraid i might ruin my shrinky dinks if i try the nail polish idea without luck... and one question hopefully answered in the near future...will watercolored pencils work? i dont think they're wax based, and i'm not planning on putting water on them...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loving since summer '07 <3
CheyElizabeth
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2007 10:53:32 AM »

is it true you can do it with clear nailpolish? i dont have acess to sealer but i'm afraid i might ruin my shrinky dinks if i try the nail polish idea without luck... and one question hopefully answered in the near future...will watercolored pencils work? i dont think they're wax based, and i'm not planning on putting water on them...

I seal mine with clear nail polish all the time and it works fine. Ive used it on sharpie colored shrinkys and the ones that I print from my inkjet printer and never had a problem =)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
red_phooka
Geek

I <3 Zombies!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2007 04:46:20 PM »

I tried that with one of mine and it ended badly - I used Sally Hansen (?) clear nail polish, and later tested it on both pencil crayon and sharpie and found that it smeared both of them. Maybe it was just the brand?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xbostonvanillax
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2007 04:36:06 AM »

hehe. im confused most of the time, and this is no different. (sally hansen rocks) it's okay that you both had different outcomes...i guess this is one experiment i have to try without background information (except in this case sally hansen isn't gonna work) thanks everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loving since summer '07 <3
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Gallery Image Part 2/2
How to Make an Unbelievable Image in Photoshop
How to Enhance a Dandelion Image in Photoshop
How to Enhance a Cat Photograph.
How to Create a Fairy Portrait
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek
October 15, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...