A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 300,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
652 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: scrub pocket?  (Read 595 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

moonshinebluebird
« on: June 24, 2007 04:18:37 PM »

Hi there, I need some help and was hoping someone here in the craft ster dimension could lend me a little of their knowledge.

A friend has asked me if I could make them a "scrub pocket" described as:

"It's a little square bag that has a string attached, sort of like a purse, hangs just below the waist. the bag has loops to hold random stuff like pens, scissors, thermometers and other doctorly stuff."
I haven't been able to find any examples, though it sounds easy enough, I was trying to get a little more of a picture of what he needs.  Don't mind designing it from scratch but curious about whats out there already.

(i've googled and tried flickr and search here for scrub pocket, so i'm guessing it has another name maybe)

I'm waiting for him to answer me in email with more description of his actual needs, but was wondering in the meantime if anyone was aware of these or knew if they were called something else Smiley

meanwhile I'll be drawing up some designs for him!

Any help would be appreciated on another name for this or pointing me to some examples! thanks so much Smiley
micky

THIS ROCKS   Logged

An ACEO a day for a year
Flickr
Etsy
"A wise old owl lived in an oak..."
Neeterg
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007 09:20:37 PM »

Hi,
I googled and found this website:
http://www.needi-supply.com/holsters.html
When you get there enter their store and look at nursing aprons and there are some pocket organizers that may give you some ideas.  It would be easy to attach a waist strap to something like these. If you have a medical supply store in your area you might question them or stop in and look at what they have.

Let me know if you get anything worked out.  I have been thinking about doing the same thing for my son, the nurse.

Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cat2cat
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007 03:13:26 PM »

Try searching for "holsters" in medical supply sites..."allheart.com" has a bunch of them, too.  You could certainly sew whatever sized compartments you liked.  As far as attaching it to the wearer...it could be threaded onto a belt or have a clip or something to attach it to a waistband or pocket. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Neeterg
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007 08:26:05 AM »

Simplicity has a pattern for a utility/work belt pouch that might give you a good start.  It's pattern number 3892.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What To Wear: Chevrons
Sarah Jessica Parker Launching Shoe Collection With Manolo Blahnik
Learn to Fold Your Tee Perfectly Every Time
Pretty Savvy: Graphic Tee
How to Choose Retro Clothes
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Super Easy Peppermint Bark
Handmade Gift Ideas: Grey & Plum Button Wreath
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...