A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,400
Currently Running With Scissors:
772 Guests and 42 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fall Flowers Hair Clip  (Read 2144 times)
Tags for this thread: fall  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

NeukolnBlackout
« on: August 03, 2007 03:20:14 PM »

So, I made a hair clip. I was really inspired by seeing people make their own hair clips on here, so I decide to make my own!

I went to JoAnn fabrics and all their fake flowers were on sale! I would have never thought I'd ever buy such a large amount of fake flowers in my entire life =D So I bought some orange/red/yellow fall bouquets, and some purple/yellow/all around springy bouquets, some black flowers, some ribbon, and a bunch of different hair clips.

And I'm having a BALL.

=D

Here's the first clip:

I'll post more when I make them. Next on the list is a spring themed one!

EDIT:

I was asked to do a quick word tutorial, so I'll do that now! It's extremely simple, and I'd LOVE to see what you guys do with it. I'm not going to give you all anything specific, like measurements and stuff. =D

You'll need:
- Fake flowers in whatever color scheme you'd like. Remember, it's going in your hair, so don't go TOO big, or else it'll be hard to manage
- Thin wire. I used silver craft wire at 26 gauge.
- Whatever kind of hair clip you want. In this case, I used one of those that you press closed... uh.. is there a name for them? Either way, they were http://www.blueberryforest.com/images/Images_haba/haba_mia_hair_clips_6728_586.jpg those, but just plain and silver.
- Ribbon (optional)
- Scissors

1. So first, find the flowers/leafs/pieces of grass or whatever you think would look good together. Cut them longer than you want it to be, just in case. It's much easier to cut excess off than to try to figure out how the hell to make things longer, as you all know.

2. Arrange the flowers in a "bouquet" in your hand. Shape it how you'd like it.

3. Take your clip, and just start wrapping. I wrapped the bouquet up first, so it would stay. Then, I wrapped that to the clip around the little middle part. Make sure it's nice and tight. Cut the end off when you think it's secure, and then tuck the end under some of the wire, or a place where it won't come up and poke you/get caught on things.

4. Wrap the stem of the bouquet around the end of the clip.. it should be the very tip, and a lot of those clips have a little hole in it. So wrap it through there. Then tie it off like you did earlier.

So yeah. This is very easy, and really.. depending on the flowers and the size, you can definitely wrap it differently. Have fun, and experiment with what you think will work. It's a very cheap project, and it's not the end of the world if you mess up.

Good luck, and let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks for looking!

« Last Edit: August 03, 2007 07:04:58 PM by NeukolnBlackout » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy, and maybe my Pinterest while you're at it.
dinostar
Fun Bunny

Stay Crafty!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007 03:34:24 PM »

oh wow, that hair clip is really pretty! I also love your hair! Very sweet! So are you making more hair clips then? I hope so!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NeukolnBlackout
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007 03:50:01 PM »

oh wow, that hair clip is really pretty! I also love your hair! Very sweet! So are you making more hair clips then? I hope so!

Thank you!

And yes ma'am, I am! This time it'll be purple and yellow.. and stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ninjanator
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007 06:03:55 PM »

oooh this is gorgeous Smiley and i love your hair ^^

is there any way you can post a word tute? nothing schmancy but i'd love to do this for my formal (even though it's a long way off Tongue)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

when I'm wearing my crafty pants: etsy
...when I'm a pack rat: blog
...and when I feel like sharing: tutorials
NeukolnBlackout
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007 06:51:09 PM »

oooh this is gorgeous Smiley and i love your hair ^^

is there any way you can post a word tute? nothing schmancy but i'd love to do this for my formal (even though it's a long way off Tongue)

It's very easy to do. I'll go edit the post now for you and write out a quick tutorial!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Emoo-Ving Story: Anthony Eats America Ep. 1 - Deleted Scene
Bad News Bannister: Anthony Eats America Ep. 1 - Deleted Scene
Bald and the Beautiful: Anthony Eats America Ep. 1 - Deleted Scene
Spam Kulebiak with Peggy Linberg in Upland, CA
Award-Winning Chili With Christine Knight-Ober in San Antonio, TX
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...