A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,454
Currently Running With Scissors:
390 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: newbie needs direction--please give me advice  (Read 697 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AshtonagoL
« on: August 03, 2007 12:55:32 PM »

Hello!  I just joined here today!  I can't wait to get a look around.  Right now I mainly just make beaded jewelry but there are so many other things I want to get my hands in!  I just have to find the time and acquire the knowledge!  Anyway, I'm not sure this is the best place to ask my questions but I'll start here and if need be, you can direct me elsewhere.  My brother in law was just killed in a car accident on June 19th.  His wife (of one month) is pregnant.  I'd like to make a quilt for the baby using some of his clothes and some squares with pictures.  I want the child to be able to use the quilt throughout his life so I want to make sure that the pictures wash and wear well.  I have tried Ink-jet iron ons with my printer and they crack and are not good quality so I know I don't want to try that for this quilt.  What do you recommend I do for the pictures?  I don't want to buy a new printer since this could very well be the only project I ever do like this.  Is an iron on the best choice or would silk screening be better?  I don't really know enough about either to decide.  Is it even possible to silk screen a photograph?  I'm not opposed to having someone else make the photo squares for me (and I would pay them to do so).  I'm just not sure what the best option would be to ensure that the pictures last through many washings and last a lifetime.  Any suggestions?  How do I get the pics onto fabric?  What kind of fabric should I use?  Any other advice?  Thanks!
Rachel
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...