A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,969
Currently Running With Scissors:
542 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yarn in Columbus?  (Read 1608 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Petunia0384
« on: August 02, 2007 09:37:31 AM »

Hi everyone!

I'm from another state, and I will be visiting Columbus soon with my fiance, who is meeting with some people at OSU in a couple of weeks about doing his Ph.D. there.  They have him scheduled from 9-4 in meetings with professors and sitting in on classes, so I'm going to have to entertain myself for the day. Smiley  I'll probably play at Polaris or Easton some, but I was wondering if there are any great yarn stores downtown that I should check out while I'm in the area. Smiley  I knit more than I do anything else, but I like all kinds of crafts, so other craft store ideas would also be welcome. Smiley  Any advice would be appreciated!  Thanks in advance!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shainna Smiley

"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." -Tennyson
fallencupid
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007 12:10:07 PM »

I can't remember the name of the place, but there is one off of Henderson. If you go to the intersection that has Borders on the right side, and White Castle on the other side, turn left. And there is a shopping centre not too far past White Castle. Back towrds the back right there will be a small yarn store, which I believe is called the Yarn Shoppe. It's a nice little place to visit.

There also used to be a yarn store in Graceland shopping center which is off of High Street, almost before you get to Worthington. It's halfway back on the right side of the center. But like I said, I don't know if it is still there or not.

PS. Found the link for the Yarn Shop. Hope this helps.
http://www.yarnshoponline.com/
http://www.yarnshoponline.com/directions.html (Directions)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007 12:11:51 PM by fallencupid » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Petunia0384
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007 06:52:09 PM »

Great, thanks!  Our trip has come and gone, but this is still helpful to me, because we will be moving to Columbus in June. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shainna Smiley

"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." -Tennyson
fallencupid
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007 11:11:29 AM »

I figured I posted after you had already had your trip, but figured I'd post it anyways.  Smiley I'm sure though there are a lot of other places to get yarn at that I am not familiar with. Just look in a phone book, and I am sure other C-bus people around here would know. Good luck with the move! C-bus is a fun town, you'll have a lot of fun. I miss not living there anymore.  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
katafi

This monkey's gone to heaven.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007 09:57:14 AM »

There a few really good yarn stores in town but my lys is the Knitters Mercantile. They have an awesome selection, tons of pattern books and really nice and helpful people there. It's the one fallencupid mentioned in the Graceland Shopping Center which is very close to Clintonville. Check it out here.

http://www.knittersmercantile.com/

And also while you're down there, you should check out Wholly Craft. This place is awesome! They sell all kinds of great handmade things and they have classes there, including a summer camp!

http://www.whollycraft.net/

I hope you guys like Columbus!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon SD770 IS: Set Underwater Function
Canon SD770 IS: Set Timer Function
Canon SD770 IS: Set Spot Meter Function
Canon SD770 IS: Set Image Resolution Function
Canon SD770 IS: Set Image Quality Function
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...