A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 300,908
Currently Running With Scissors:
525 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Easy Peasy Snap wallets - I'm so addicted! - TUTORIAL + SNAP TUTORIAL  (Read 333614 times)
Tags for this thread: wallet , tutorial , template , sewing  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CheyElizabeth
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2007 05:52:23 AM »

Thanks so much guys for all the great comments! I'm glad I was able to help out ya'll making presants and stufff, my family and friends all have a few wallets from me LOL

for you fasteners, did you have to hammer them together? because i had some and every time i hammered them the little part that sticks up would get hammered flat and wouldn't stick to the other side! how did you do it? haha

Hmm, my first advice is practice a LOT! It took me FOREVER to do snaps correctly lol. I do hammer them on these wallets, I also have a snap setter which is pretty neat but it won't fit into the wallets.  What I do is poke the pokey end of the snap through the fabric and then I push down on all the spikes to make sure they are through the backside of the fabric, then i lay the top part on the snap.. then I hold it real steady, and whack it one time with the hammer.. then several more tiny hits..

And for the bottom part of the snap, the bigger part with the roundish knob (man, i suck at describing things) I actually line it up where I want it, then close the snap and hammer on top of the first one I just hammered... okay I just realized that makes NO sense, but I'll take some pictures when i get off work =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2007 06:08:49 AM »

I have been reluctant to do snaps - I have a few of the kind that look like a hole punch sort of and I also came upon one of the other kind where it has the base thing and then you hammer it on... I really need to just get some scrap fabric and give them a go.  I am not a velcro fan!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
mimiw
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2007 06:19:00 AM »

I have snaps I ordered from Snap Source and their little setter tool.  They are the easiest snaps I have ever used!  Seriously, since I started using them I haven't messed up a snap yet!

Just thought I would share because it has made my life so much easier!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pfirsch

Una vida de miedo es una media vida

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2007 06:27:53 AM »

Then bring it back around and stop where the lines are..trust me, this is a really good trick.
-----
It tucks in nice and neatly, and you now iron over the whole thing which creases the hole and makes it look perfect!! (what a cool trick..only took me like.. a year to figure it out)
I love that trick!  Cool  I learned it from a book and the author said that she had learned it in 4-H, I think.  I wonder why more people don't teach it?  It makes life so much easier.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bbeaded
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2007 06:34:43 AM »

hey, that is one nifty pouch! love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Latest blog - www.oddsnblobs.blogspot.com

MY NEW ETSY STORE!! - www.oddsnblobs.etsy.com
M.Carmen
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2007 06:43:45 AM »

Thank you very much for your tutorial!!!!!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
catdaddytn
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2007 07:41:00 AM »

hi,  beautiful work, so this might be an odd question, but here goes.  I've tried several times to print out tutes and never can get it right.  I end up printing way too much stuff.  I've tried to highlight and copy into word, but then it still doesn't work.  I'm definitely technologically challenged (well, sewing challenged, too), but any ideas??

I guess I could take my laptop with me to sew, but I like directions right in front of my face.

thanks.  catdaddytn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

catdaddytn
VioletsAreBlue
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2007 07:55:37 AM »

Ohh, your tutorial was just great! You're right, they are so addictive. I make these in a couple different sizes and variations as business card holders, bigger as coupon caddies and with a ribbon/keyring attached as ID holders. They are so handy for everything, and also make great gift card holders (much classier than a paper envelope!).

Once you start, ya can't stop!!

Since I haven't posted 10 times yet, I can only post links, here they are if you're interested!

~Brenda

« Last Edit: August 03, 2007 08:24:47 AM by jMi - Reason: Fixed your pictures for you! » THIS ROCKS   Logged
CheyElizabeth
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2007 08:22:44 AM »

Ohh, your tutorial was just great! You're right, they are so addictive. I make these in a couple different sizes and variations as business card holders, bigger as coupon caddies and with a ribbon/keyring attached as ID holders. They are so handy for everything, and also make great gift card holders (much classier than a paper envelope!).

Once you start, ya can't stop!!

Since I haven't posted 10 times yet, I can only post links, here they are if you're interested!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/brendarific/WMNVFRENCHCLOSED.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/brendarific/BCHPUNCHYFLOWERSCLOSED.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/brendarific/BCHCRYSCLOSEDPURPLEFLOWERCLOSED.jpg

~Brenda

YAY! Your wallets are beautiful!! thanks for sharing =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CheyElizabeth
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2007 08:29:30 AM »

hi,  beautiful work, so this might be an odd question, but here goes.  I've tried several times to print out tutes and never can get it right.  I end up printing way too much stuff.  I've tried to highlight and copy into word, but then it still doesn't work.  I'm definitely technologically challenged (well, sewing challenged, too), but any ideas??

I guess I could take my laptop with me to sew, but I like directions right in front of my face.

thanks.  catdaddytn

okay this is a little weird, but I made an HTML file in photobucket, you could print this out.. I dunno how long it'll last so print it out fast! =)

http://photobucket.com/practice/?id=o2v01
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Apply Relaxer Onto Black Hair
How to Take Out Micro Braids
How to Do Your Hair Like Taylor Swift
How to Twist Natural Hair
How to Take Out Backcombed Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...