A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
463 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: August Birthday Swap (Signup 8/2/2007-8/31/2007)  (Read 2964 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Avril222
« on: August 02, 2007 03:55:33 AM »

PICKING IS FINISHED...NO MORE PICKING...WE ARE D O N E

Alright August Birthday Babes and people who want to craft for them, here goes:

PLEASE READ ALL RULES BEFORE YOU SEND YOUR INFO

NEW RULES: In order to comply with the new swap rules, ALL BIRTHDAY BABES WHO POST A BIRTHDAY WISH LIST MUST FULFILL A BIRTHDAY WISH OF AT LEAST ONE FELLOW BIRTHDAY BABE.  In other words, if you post a list and receive a gift, you must send at least one gift.  Non-birthday craftsters may still send "unconditionally".  Unconditionally in this swap means if someone fulfills one of your birthday wishes, you will send them a thank you note via snail mail.  PM's or thank you posts do not count as thank you notes.  Negative feedback will be given for those who post lists and receive, but never send.  Negative feedback will also be given to those who don't send a thank you note. Please read below for the exact details.  They are in BOLD.

DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL I SEND YOU A PM SAYING TO DO SO

Swap name: August 2007 Birthday Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Avril222
Craftster member who is co-organizing this swap: whyme81687     

FOR POSTING BIRTHDAY LISTS Sign-up date range: 08/02/07-08/31/07
FOR CHOOSING A BIRTHDAY WISH TO FULFILL Sign-up date range: 08/02/07 - 08/31/07
DATE TO SEND ITEMS BY:  2 weeks after you claim someone unless other arrangements are made ahead of time

Limited to a certain number of people?: No.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No.
All ages allowed.

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES

Details of swap:  This swap was organized so everyone can get something crafty for their birthday!  Please read the guidelines carefully.

* If your birthday is in August, then you can post your birthday wish list for this month. To do that, you must first PM me with the Swap questionnaire filled out.

* Once you have been approved, you may post your list of things that you would want to receive.  The more you think of, the better.  Please try to have a good mix of items on your list.  The last wish you will post is "a surprise."  Then you will post a bio about yourself, including where you are from and what day your birthday is.

* Please post lists only.  No discussion on this thread please.

* Everyone will then go through the lists and choose a craftster they want to send a birthday gift to.  Your birthday does not have to be in August for you to craft for someone!  If you want to choose someone, just PM me with your info (including your address, please), who you want to craft for, what item, and I will send you their address.

* When you choose to fulfill a birthday wish, you have 2 weeks to get the item out the door unless you communicate in advance that something will take a bit longer.  If two weeks pass, and I don't hear anything from youyou guessed it, negative feedback!

* Each person can be chosen unlimited times!  HERE'S THE CATCH - when you get chosen, you must choose a fellow August baby to send a birthday wish to before  August 31, 2007.  You must also send the person who crafted for you a thank you note within 2 weeks of receiving.   Failure to do either of these things will result in NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.

* It is super important for everyone to keep good communication
.  It is required that when you send, let me know, and of course, don't forget the DC#.  It is required that when you receive, let me know and publicly announce in the gallery (even if you don't have pictures).  Also, let me know when you send off or receive your thank you note (no DC# required, you're on your honor!).

* You can choose to craft for as many people as you like, but you cannot "owe" more than 3 things.  If you are a newbie and this is your first swap, you must successfully send once before choosing again.

* Please state at the beginning of your list where you are located.  Some people absolutely cannot send to people overseas for any number of reasons.  We need to respect this valid concern.

*When one of your items is chosen, I will pm you to let you know what was chosen and who picked it. Please cross it out so that it is easier for others to see what has been chosen and thank the person at this time.

If you have any more questions or suggestions, you can send me a PM with "August Birthday Swap " in the subject line.

If you want to SIGN UP TO POST YOUR (August) BIRTHDAY LIST:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- August 2007 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Mailing address:
When is your birthday?
Have you read and understand all of the rules to this swap?

If you want to SEND TO A BIRTHDAY CRAFTSTER:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- August 2007 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Mailing address:
Who and what do you want to send to?

If you are already an August birthday babe, you do not need to send me this info below again.  Just send me who you want to craft for and what you will be crafting.

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZER VIA PM AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007 03:03:49 AM by Avril222 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Avril222
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007 11:57:15 AM »

The number in parenthesis after the username is the number of times that babe has been chosen.

green=picked once
blue=picked more than once
red=can't be picked again before partner has received
strikethrough=feedback left

August Birthday Babes -

Oops Creations - Aug.3rd (sending-4, receiving-5)
summerthyme - Aug.8th   (sending-2, receiving-3)
bead_chick - Aug.12th(sending-3, receiving-3)
Avril222         - Aug.13th(sending-4, receiving-5)
whyme81687  - Aug.16th (sending-4, receiving-4)
veganxwater   - Aug.20th (sending-2, receiving-3)
wax51           - Aug. 20th (sending-3, receiving-3)
Ma Rut          - Aug.28th (sending-9, receiving-7)
annaonthemoon - Aug.28th(sending-4, receiving-5)

What's Going Down -

whyme81687 is sending Oops creations an octopus amigurumi by August 17th thank you note received

Oops creations is sending whyme81687 a recipe box/kitchen kit by August 17th
thank you note received

Ma Rut is sending wax51 handmade soap & a lanyard holder (2 things) by August 17th
thank you note received - also she was surprise ATC-ed

wax51 is sending veganxwater a goodie bag of ephemera by August 17th thank you card received

veganxwater is sending Ma Rut an ATC by August 18th thank you received

Ma Rut is sending summerthyme a headband and recipe notebook by August 20th thanks received

whyme81687 is sending Avril222 a learn to crochet kit by August 31st thank you received

Ma Rut is sending veganxwater some polaroid postcards by August 18th thank you note received

Avril222 is sending Ma Rut something Mac themed by August 19th thank you card received...surprise ATCed!! my first ATC

whyme81687 is sending Ma Rut a cupcake pincushion by August 19th
thank you received

Avril222 is sending Oops Creations some interesting beads by August 20th thank you received

summerthyme is sending whyme81687 some beads and jewelry by August 21st thank you received

Ma Rut is sending whyme81687 some coloring books by August 23rdthank you received

Ma Rut is sending Avril222 a crocheted octopus! by August 27th thank you received

Oops Creations is sending annaonthemoon a surprise & catnip by August 28th thank you received

trillian will send annaonthemoon a surprise by August 28th thank you received

annaonthemoon is sending whyme81687 something anne of green gables related by Aug.29th thank you received

whyme81687 is sending veganxwater some crocheted bead bracelets by Aug. 29th thanks received

annaonthemoon is sending bead_chick some jewelry by Aug. 29th thank you received

bead_chick is sending Avril222 a surprise by Aug. 30th thank you sent

Avril222 is sending bead_chick a pendant by September 3rd thank you received

bead_chick is sending Oops Creations some British tea by Sept. 4th thank you sent

bead_chick is sending Summerthyme some buttons by Sept. 4th thank you sent

Avril222 is sending wax51 a surprise by Sept. 5th received - thank you needed

Ma Rut is sending bead_chick a bead magazine and some shelly stuff by Sept. 6th thank you received

veganxwater is sending Ma Rut a surprise by Sept. 7th thanks received

wax51 is sending Avril222 a microscope slide kit by Sept. 7th thanks sent

summerthyme is sending annaonthemoon a Harry Potter surprise by Sept.7th thanks sent

Ma Rut is sending Oops Creations a kanzashi brooch by Sept. 13th thanks received

Ma Rut is sending wax51 some skull fabric by Sept. 13th
thank you received

Ma Rut is sending annaonthemoon something Harry Potter themed by Sept. 13th thanks sent

annaonthemoon is sending oops creations a PA Dutch Cookbook/Recipes by Sept. 14th tHANK YOU RECeived

annaonthemoon is sending Ma Rut some Jewelry Odds and Ends by Sept. 14th thank you received

wax51 is sending summerthyme some paper by Sept. 14th sent - awaiting receipt

GinaTy05 is sending annaonthemoon some scrapbooking stuff by September 17ththanks sent

GinaTy05 is sending avril222 a stencilled shirt by September 17th thanks sent

oops creations is sending Ma Rut some vintage fabric and jewelry findings by Sept. 19th thank you sent

Our Gallery of Treats Received: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=187280.0
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007 04:41:24 AM by Avril222 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oops Creations
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007 12:25:45 PM »

Ooooh the first August Birthday Baby to post.  Special Me  Grin  Woot I've been picked.  Thanks everyone

Hi  Wink I'm Rita and I'll be 27 on Friday August 3rd.  I live outside of Boston.

I've self-diagnosed myself with Craft A.D.D.  My inability to pick one craft and stick to it causes innumerable U.F.O's and plenty of random supplies.  However what having Craft A.D.D does mean is that I enjoy giving most crafts a try.   To that end-- raw material is the best-- as it fuels my "must-try-new things" urges without depleting my bank account.  But what girl doesn't love getting something made especially for her for her birthday.  I've split this wish list into two sections to reflect that.

Lately-- I've been sewing those singlet totes based on queenofdiy's tutorial.  I've also modded some old clothes, been crocheting and frantically trying to get some baby presents made.  I also make (or have made) soap, handmade paper and candles.  I love playing around with unique supplies -- especially making things out of old electronics and computer bits. A lot of my projects this summer have been in digital scrapbooking, graphic design and photoshopping. I'm a big fan of crafty blogs-- checking out craftster (of course) make and craft magazines, readymade, not martha, hello my name is heather and many more.  I have a weakness for those crazy LOL cats on I can haz cheeseburger and admit to spending a few too many minutes at work visiting that site (Oh noes, mah buckit!)

RAW Supplies
I would love unique craft supplies (or foodstuff) from your country or region.  Beads, Paper and other shiny baubles--- especially in turquiose or blue.    Our lovely organizer has promised me some beads-  hiphip hippo hurray.   Kiss

Regionally food stuff is equally exciting-- especially spices, teas and baking mixes.  Recipes too.  (Thanks so much, beadchick and thanks also to annaonthemoon who is sending me some recipes

In search of the following raw materials: Coca-cola fabric. Ladybug Fabric, Appliqus of; ladybugs, dragon flies or underwater fishies.  Also always love 1 yard or more of unique or unusual fabrics for tote bags or clothing.  anything oilcloth.

Screen-printing or stenciling kit---- the one craft I haven't tried yet.

MAKE me something (puhleese)
crochet amnimuguri-- like the cute octopus on craftster (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=180409.0 / http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=114316.0) , or  the "knitty magazines" penguin --- ahha  my lovely lady octopus has arrived from whyme81787 and its is delish, posting pics in the gallery  Grin

I need something to put my Ipod Nano in for the gym-- and armband  with Velcro and a little spot to tuck my locker key would rock my world.  A nano is 3.5 x 1.6 x .26 inches-- I by no means have huge biceps so like avg dia (I can measure if need be)

Knitted or Crochet mesh bag for the market- like the "Everlasting Bag" from Knitty http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEsummer07/PATTeverlasting.html

I especially love beaded bracelets and brooches (flower brooches or pins/ felted or kanzashi), other accessories like barrettes, headbands, scarves/wraps, necklaces are welcome as well.   No earrings please  Craftster inspiration: A pin or brooch. Felted flowers, stars or the really cool tape measure rosette .  Link goes to example http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=70126.0 or http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=22722.0 or http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=82680.msg778722#msg778722

-ooh Ma Rut is making me a brooch-- yeah

This is sort of neat Plastic bag "fabric" http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=178442.0  turned into wristlets or bags

Colors: blue / turquoise, (dislike reds, pinks, orange and yellow)

Activities: cooking, crafting [crochet, scrapbooking, digital art, sewing, paper/soap/candlemaking], yoga, gardening, reading, trivia, movies

Style: My style and wardrobe is basic pieces taken up a notch with unique accessories [ brooches, bracelets, headbands, scarves, etc]  and until the point where i can make my own clothing-- i settle for making my own accessories

Thanks is advance

« Last Edit: September 04, 2007 06:42:39 PM by Oops Creations » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Finally on the Wist Bandwagon:  http://wists.com/OopsCreations

I have loads of good quality CIGAR BOXES available for trade.  Great for purses, shrines, jewelry boxes.  PM for Pics.

Fill a Box is Back
summerthyme
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007 05:24:38 PM »

Hello, my name is Summer and I'll be turning the big 2-0 on August 8th!  Some of my favorite things to do are bake, write, create mixed media/collage art, paint, make jewelry, and check out new art blogs.  My favorite colors are green, black, blue, and yellow (though not necessarily all together or in that order, lol) and I love 50's kitsch, 20's glam, 30's Hollywood, pretty antiques, flowers, and pretty much anything under the sun.

Supplies:

* Papers -- any sort of papers that are printed!  graphics, text in languages other than english, patterns, etc!  I use these for mixed media art/art journals, so any size is appreciated!

* Beads --  I like to make a lot of jewelry (and that's usually what you'll receive if you're my swap partner, lol!), and not only that but I just love to look at all sorts of different beads for the shapes and colors and textures.

* Buttons -- Same thing with the beads.  I collect buttons (especially vintage buttons, but I love all of them!), not only to use in crafts but just to look at like my beads.  I have a tendency to collect things, lol.  Thanks bead_chick!

* Charms -- for pretty much the same reasons I like beads and buttons Smiley

Hand-Crafted Items!

* A new bag would be swell!  Messanger bags are great for class, but I love totebags and smaller purses as well.  Prints and funky colors are great!

* Jewelry.  Oh how I love jewelry!  Beaded jewelry especially, but I also really dig the chains with misc. charms on it, assembled like a 3D collage.

* Stationary.  I love pretty papers and envelopes Smiley

* Headscarves and headbands.  I just cut my hair for the first time in about four years, and it's pretty short now, so these are the only hair accessories I can use, but I love them! Thanks Ma Rut!

* A neat notebook or binder for recipes.  I'm big into baking and cooking, but currently have no place to put my recipes besides MS Word (and I really don't need to get flour all up in my keyboard, lol). Thanks Ma Rut!

* Journals.  I LOVE blank journals, lined or unlined, and have 2-4 going at any one time -- journals about life, art, sketch journals, collage journals, glue books, baking/food journals, etc.  I love the look of blank pages and thinking about the possibilities they hold!

* A learn-how-to-embroider kit!  I'm really interesting in picking this up, but haven't tried it before and don't really know anyone who does... a little nudge in the right direction would be nice Smiley

* A SURPRISE! Cheesy
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007 12:12:41 PM by summerthyme » THIS ROCKS   Logged

summerthyme.net! bloggy goodness!
Open to personal swaps!  PM me if you like sunshine, paint, and happy!
wax51
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007 03:39:41 AM »

My name is Shali & I am turning (gasp) 33 on the 20th.....my how time flies when we're having fun!! Wink

I live in Arizona and its HOT. My SO and I have been together for over 5 years.My daughter has 4 legs and pokey-dots and we do whatever she wants  Tongue.
Happy Birthday to all us August babes and a big thanks to all the crafty Craftsters for hooking us up.

What would I like....other than whirled peas....

Anything from or inspired from my wists.

I work graveyard...so some kind of dark eye mask thing would be neat.Or maybe a Sign that says Day Sleeper?Also I work 12hr shifts
and normally pack my lunch....so one of those reusable sandwich wraps or something cool for my lunch box would be Fabulous!!

Candles or soaps{or supplies to make them}Ma Rut is sending me some homemade soap!! Yippee
Ephemera....one can NEVER have too many papers!!

I collect moose stuff & Mary Englebreit. I like crows & skulls too.(what a combo huh?)

Polymer Clay canes....I Love to play with clay, but lack the vision to make my own canes....a few leftover slices of yours would be great.

I love novelty fabrics....the stranger the better.Skulls, pin-ups, tattoos,dogs playing poker.Ma Rut the mega swapper is hooking me up yet again!!!!!!!
(Hi although I think tact is what ya hang posters on the wall with...I can be TACKY)

I lean towards black,purple,silver & then hunter green.No pastels for me.

I could always use:
A tote bag.
An id holder/lanyard for work.Ma Rut is hooking me up! Thanks!!
Any t shirt or Hoodie (2x or 3x) that you want to decorate.
Stationary or Cards
This is a reach.....but does anyone have an old Pretty Punch laying around that they don't use anymore?I remember sitting with my Aunte for hours...stabbing things LOL
A Surprise!!That Avril222 is being sneaky!! Thanks Girl!!

I hope this is enough to go on...Please PM if its not
Thanks In Advance!! I can't wait to see what you send me!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007 08:05:36 AM by wax51 - Reason: Ma Rut is the bomb-diggity!! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/wax51

I am totally after a Ying/Yang made of  Fire vs Ice
Wanna draw/paint/sketch me one?
Strutter
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007 11:33:06 AM »

Hello! My name is Heather and I will be turning 16 on August 20th. I live in Texas (US).

ATC's
Mardi Gras Mask
Polaroid Postcards  - Thanks Ma Rut!
Goodie Bag of Ephemera  - Thanks wax51!
Any Book from my Wists
Knitted Bead Bracelets - Thanks whyme81687!
A Similiar Handmade Brooch
Bangle - No Anime please!
Any Issue of Aperture Magazine
Phobia Kit
A Surprise!

I like all colours and vintage. I read zines and love to write and receive letters and postcards. I dislike anime and most candy. Thank you to anyone who picks me. If you have any questions PM me.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007 07:08:04 PM by veganxwater » THIS ROCKS   Logged

whyme81687
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007 12:23:47 PM »

Hey All! I'm Liz and I'll be turning 20 on August 16 (scary won't be a teenager anymore!) Anywho I live in Maryland and go to uni here too I'll be a junior next semester. I crochet and make simple jewelry and also love to dabble in other crafts. Happy Birthday to all!!

Here's my wish list, I'd love things to be handmade, because I feel there's nothing else that makes a gift quite so unique and special but of course if you find something you can buy that you think might suit me go for it!

~Handspun yarn/Hand-dyed yarn/any kind of yarn for that matter

~I really like purses and bags so anything like that, in particular what Im looking for now is a black purse that would be suitable for church so not to big. But really anything would be great!

~A hat, I love hats so any kind of hat whether for winter or summer, made or not, I will probably love. 

~Headbands, I got my hair cut really short two days ago and i'm obsessed with how good it looks with headbands.

~Ribbons, of every shape size and color, I love using ribbons in crafts, and also in my hair too so send them my way!

~Beads! Any sort of interesting beads would be great Im always on the look out. Thanks so much Summerthyme

~Jewelry of any shape and kind, I don't however have pierced ears but i do wear clip-on earrings I'm currently really really into the long necklaces. Thanks Summerthyme

~ Coloring Books, ok I know this makes me sound like Im five BUT while at uni when I get stressed out from tests, studying, or just life, I like pulling out a coloring book and crayons and color away while watching tv its fun and it really does help. Thanks Ma Rut!

~Anything having to do with Anne of Green Gables, Ive read and own all the books and just recently visited Prince Edward Island and fell in love with the series all over again so anything Anne related Thanks Annaonthemoon!

~A swap journal, I dont currently have one and Im beginning to think it might be a good idea for me to start one

~old comic books, I really like to cut them up and make purses, wallets, and various other things. so really nothing valuable since i'll only be chopping them to pieces  Grin

~Old records, ditto from above, I'm on the look out for cool old records cuz i want to try making one of those record purses or even turning the sleeves into a big bag!

~I'm moving into my first apartment this coming fall so that means a kitchen!! i'm trying to build up my recipe collection so if you have any recipes you don't mind sharing or even just a recipe box (don't have one of those either) I'd love it Thanks Oops Creations!

~A surprise I love surprises and I really am open to anything!

« Last Edit: August 15, 2007 11:28:59 AM by whyme81687 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The thing about glitter is, if you get it on you, be prepared to have it on you forever. 'Cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies."
Avril222
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007 12:36:06 PM »

finally getting this up...
~~~~Hi All
my name is Avril and i am turning 26 on August 13th. i am thrilled to be hosting this fantastic swap! i live in boston but i am from buffalo, ny. i have a few animals in the incredibly small apartment that i share with my bf. we have rufus, a two year old boxer,  turtle: our 4 year old bearded dragon, klaus: a two year old african pygmy hedgehog, and bill murray: my leopard tortoise.......so go crazy and thank you in advance!!!

So my listplease, feel free to put your own spin on anything or just get inspiration from this list. Anything that you are willing to craft and share is super appreciated! :

~I just got my first sewing machine up and going so any fabric, notions, whatever that you are dying to get rid of would be super appreciated!

~Any patterns that you are done with or would like to photocopy that have turned out well for you! Some of the dresses on the clothing board are phenomenal!

~Beads from any country or region that I am not in would be cool

~A microscope slide pendant kitthey are so cool and I have just not made any yet! And I dont know how for that matter!muchas gracias wax51

~A learn to crochet kit! I have no idea where to start but it seems like a ball thanks whyme81687!!!

~I use a ton of polymer clay but have never ventured into canesI would love any extras that you have made that you are willing to share

~Any t shirt that you would like to decorate, stencil, go crazy with, etc. I am a size small/medium...you know what, probably medium if its cotton and Im going to be washing it!

~I always love shrinky dink paper and have such a pain getting it here, its crazy.

~Anything amigurumi is so coolthe octopi that I have seen on here are so interestingthank you supercrafter Ma Rut

~Anything stenciled or painted with a squid, insect, anatomical heart, our lady of Guadeloupe on it would be cool (like a t shirt or bag or a patch is awesome)

~I wear stud earrings sogo crazy (but im allergic to nickel)

~my reaches: a hobo bag, mini vest, bolero

~A surprisethanks, bead_chick

Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007 08:22:55 PM by Avril222 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ma Rut
A Made-In-The-South Original

Swap Addict, officially.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2007 01:35:44 PM »

Hey August babies Wink

My name is Melissa, I live in NW Georgia and I'll be turning 25 on August 28. I knit, sew, make tons of jewelry, paint, make polymer clay thingies, do collage, etc. I'm a graphic designer in real life. I enjoy concerts, college radio, going to the local drive-in and hanging out with my animals Smiley (4 cats and 2 dogs). I've recently gotten addicted to Craftster and swapping! To get a feel for what I like, look at the "Favorite Projects" section of my profile and/or check out the link to my favorites on Etsy.

Colors I like: all shades of pink; vintage shades of orange, turquoise and teal; pink and brown together; black; red; mod looking colors.

Things I don't care for: hunter green, muddy blues, flannel, plaid, spandex, hair bands.

I would appreciate anything from anyone!

Supplies:
* Vintage Fabric -- I would love anything similar to the fabric on this site: http://www.reprodepot.com Thanks Oops Creations!!! Smiley
* Jewelry Findings -- any sort of little odds and ends you may want to get rid of. Charms, chains, tiger wire, etc. Thanks annaonthemoon!!! Smiley Thanks Oops Creations!!! Smiley
* Cabochons / Cabs -- they're like beads, but without the hole! I'll take anything, especially floral ones.
* Buttons -- preferably bright colors.
* Handbag Patterns -- anything neat and not involving zippers.
* Glazes for Polymer Clay -- I recently got into this and don't know a lot about glazing or finishing the pieces.

Crafted:
* A Gaudy Brooch -- you've probably seen them on here or on Etsy, but any kind of brooch with mixed-matched pieces and fabric and gaudy little things hanging from it. PM if I sound crazy (I'm sure I do!).
* Day of the Dead -- anything you would like to apply this theme to, I will love!Thanks Avril222!!! Smiley
* Mac / Apple -- I missed the computer swap, and would love anything related to Apple icons. I especially love the old school rainbow logo: http://applematters.com/images/uploads/history_may4.jpg Thanks Avril222!!! Smiley
* Pin Cushion -- I need one desperately! I really dig those crocheted cupcake ones. Thanks whyme81687!!! Smiley
* ATC Thanks veganxwater & wax51!!! Smiley
* Shrinky Dinks -- they are so cute!
* Virgo / Tarot -- anything related to the Virgo sign or tarot cards.
* Any sort of stenciled/graphic item...tees, bags, fabric, etc.

Themes:
Owls - Retro Housewife - Sushi - Robots - Cupcakes - Mix Tapes

Oh, and a surprise! Thanks veganxwater!!! Smiley

Happy crafting and happy birthday! Thank you for considering my wishlist Smiley
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007 09:15:24 AM by Ma Rut » THIS ROCKS   Logged

BeccaJaneStClair
Follow the Butterflies....

I'd rather swing on the moon than a star.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2007 01:18:00 PM »

alrighty..

I'll be 28 on the 28th (so not looking forward to actually being 28 AT ALL). Hmmmm. My main obsessions are: Harry Potter (especially Harry/Ginny, or just Ginny), Anne of Green Gables,  Barenaked Ladies, and Doctor Who (10th Doc specifically).  I'm going on a cruise with BNL in January so stuff I can take on the cruise is always appreciated.

My favourite color is Purple, and I have a strong connection/obsession to the moon and stars.

I have a four year old kitten named Will. He's a bit of a monster, but he's *my* monster.  He likes it when people send him catnip toys Wink thanks Oops Creations!

You can find out a ton of stuff about me on my LiveJournal (link in my sig) if you want anymore info, and on my profile I have a section with sizes for swaps.

Aaand, to be more confusing, I'm Becca (Rebecca), not Anna. Wink

So, wishlist-y time!

Supplies:

Scrapbooking stuff - the funkier the better
Beads - I use a lot of swarovski bicones in my beaded projects, and /i'm always looking for toggle clasps that aren't ugly.

Stuff:

*A Gryffindor Scarf. I knit, but I haven't quite gotten the hang of switching colours yet. Really, anything Harry Potter related is bound to make me really happy and squee Wink 

*anything off my wist (link in sig). I'm trying to "build it up" a little  bit for this swap, as it doesn't have a whole lot on it!

*Anything that relates to my interests Smiley

*Anything British in origin  Cheesy 

*I've recently gotten into bento making. I'm not sure what kind of crafted things can be made that are bento-related, but bento supplies are much appreciated!

*surprises! I love surprises!

honestly, surprises are what keeps me happy! Cheesy

Also, person who posted they want AOGG stuff..I plan on claiming you as soon as I get home from my trip! Wink  (I just don't want to do it now and then limit my time)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007 11:06:02 AM by annaonthemoon » THIS ROCKS   Logged

(formerly AnnaOnTheMoon)

http://blog.beccajanestclair.com ~ http://annaonthemoon.livejournal.com ~  http://www.wists.com/annaonthemoon  ~ http://pinterest.com/annaonthemoon
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
La Roche-Posay Anthelios 50 Tinted Mineral Sunscreen Fluid Review
Aveeno Potect + Hydrate SPF 70 Review
Sun Bum Flavored Lip Balm Review
Vichy Capital Soleil SPF-50 Lightweight Foaming Lotion Review
Goldfaden MD Sun Visor Ultra-Light Oil Free SPF 30 Mist Review
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...