A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 300,909
Currently Running With Scissors:
463 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sugar Skull toddler Dress!  (Read 3407 times)
Tags for this thread: sugar_skull  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ammasmama

LuCkY Me, LuCkY MuD

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: August 01, 2007 04:47:16 PM »

No action shot, 'cause my dd's only 6 months. i wish she could fit into this, it's a 5T though.
 it was really easy, i managed to finish it during nap time. still need to go buy zippers though... if i don't go soon the store may not have enough!

the skull appliqus on the dress are backed with fusible interfacing and zig-zagged on. not much else to explain...

the dress back-

dress front (my camera HATES the indoors!) -

patches on front-

dress back-

tie in the back-
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009 06:24:54 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

missmonkeymae
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007 04:49:20 PM »

You'll blink and she'll be five! We'll wait for the action shots! What a great dress to grow into!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ammasmama

LuCkY Me, LuCkY MuD

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007 04:55:54 PM »

You'll blink and she'll be five! We'll wait for the action shots! What a great dress to grow into!!

lol, she's so small now that it would waste the fabric to make a little one, because the skulls are so big they would get all chopped up in a tiny dress for her. and i have the same fabric with smaller skulls, but it doesn't have the glitter, and isn't nearly as much fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheMistressT
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007 05:26:02 PM »

What weight interfacing did you use?  I'm thinking about appliqueing some of these guys on somethinghttp://www.ahfabrics.com/products.php?cat_id=457  I made The Manflesh some boxer shorts (based on an inside joke ) and don't have enough left over to make anything else, but there are a few whole images that sure would liven up a dishtowel or t-shirt or something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ammasmama

LuCkY Me, LuCkY MuD

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007 05:45:17 PM »

What weight interfacing did you use?  I'm thinking about appliqueing some of these guys on somethinghttp://www.ahfabrics.com/products.php?cat_id=457  I made The Manflesh some boxer shorts (based on an inside joke ) and don't have enough left over to make anything else, but there are a few whole images that sure would liven up a dishtowel or t-shirt or something.

it's not the very lightest featherweight stuff, which i meant to get, but it's pretty light. (i was buying the interfacing for something else entirely...) it's a little stiffer though. i was at wal-mart, and my choices were severely limited. it worked well for this though. 

and that fabric would definitely liven up something! funny it's alexander henry again, (so's mine above) i have a running joke with a friend about kidnapping alexander henry, if he exists!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tuff_as_snails

I will flim flam the day lights out of you!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007 05:46:25 PM »

Thats so rad!!!!  I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlepunkkitty
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007 06:15:14 PM »

i love this!  i always look at your stuff and think "if i ever have a little girl, this is the kinda stuff i would make for her!"  she will fit into it in no time, and then not for long enough!  but it is really cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ammasmama

LuCkY Me, LuCkY MuD

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007 07:35:45 PM »

i love this!  i always look at your stuff and think "if i ever have a little girl, this is the kinda stuff i would make for her!"  she will fit into it in no time, and then not for long enough!  but it is really cute!

thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tuff_as_snails

I will flim flam the day lights out of you!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007 09:23:19 PM »

Im looking at it again!  I love it! I keep trying to get that fabric, but I always have to buy some thing else in stead!  What pattern is that?  I want to see what you were talking about earlier!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

frenchwench
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2007 10:15:21 PM »

thank you!

I agree, every time I look at something you made, I love it! It makes a statement, but without loosing the "cute".
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Botasky from Apocalypse Meow
How to Draw Generator Rex
Post-Childhood Prodigies
Post-Childhood Prodigies - What Happens to Them When They Grow Up?
How to Learn Oil Painting
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...