A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 304,869
Currently Running With Scissors:
515 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dancer Swap Gallery  (Read 2364 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

aphie
Botticelli Babe

No narrow-hipped nymphet, I'm a Botticelli Babe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2007 06:20:58 PM »

Luckylime, I LOVE ballet kitty! And that tote is fantastic!

The fabric of the skirt is chiffon, lily. I'm really relieved it all worked out, because I've had arguments with that fabric before. Smiley

Here is the fabulous package I got from lilylola:

It even came in a dance shoebox, and was wrapped in the purple and pink on the right (but I was impatient and unwrapped it all before I took photos).

There's a necklace of glass beads on a length of purple leather (which will be perfect for wearing to my medieval dance events, and is my favourite colour, natch!), an AMAZING crocheted hipscarf with silver coin trim (as I can neither crochet nor knit, I am in awe of the items produced by those who can, and I can't imagine the work that went into this, it's fantastic, and I intend to just wear it around, thanks lily) and - my favourite piece! - a black handbag trimmed in the same silver coin, lined with viridian green satin (I love that colour too) with a really cute decoration:

It's a really wonderful package, thankyou lilylola!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Craft Blog }
I do personal swaps - PM me!
aeronberry

mmm...fishy kisses....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2007 11:20:45 AM »

Sorry for the delay, but here are pics of the awesome swap package that notverytalented sent!

First, an album for organizing displaying my Irish dance medals.  I don't have nearly enough to fill it (and none were nearby when I was photographing), but now I have something to work towards  Grin!  The cover has a lovely decoupaged Celtic knot design.

And, a mini case with brilliant ziploc compartments for sewing thread, safety pins and other necessities for class and Feis (that's an Irish dance competition) survival.  There's also a pair of scissors in their own little slot (I'm always the only one with scissors, and I think mine were lost last time!).  This was such a great idea - I think the only thing that won't fit is my giant roll of duct tape, but it has its own pocket in my dance bag anyway  Wink.

Oh, she also sent a box of Alaskan chocolates with berry filling, which quickly disappeared  Grin.

Thanks again - I'm glad I got to be your first swap partner!

aeronberry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edafedd - amigurumi patterns!
norea - jewelry, handbags, etc!
shop the swap!
notverytalented
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2007 09:16:23 PM »

This is soooo fun to see something that was sitting on my kitchen table a couple of weeks ago.  We ended up ordering a digital camera (which hopefully will arrive by
Sat.) and I can post what aeronberry sent!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kittymoose
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2007 01:15:09 PM »

Unfortunately, My partner seems to have flaked. Also unfortunately, At the time of sending my items, my camera was 100% broken. So I have absolutely zero to show for what I did. But! I can tell you what I made if that helps?
I made a pair of dark green gaucho pants, made of a really comfy jersy knit.
I stenciled a canvas tote bag with a sort of popular bellydance stencil: http://www.kittybuttons.com/stencils/categories/people/dancing/girl-dancing.gif
I also made a "chakra" bracelet, with semiprecious stone beads, one for each chakra, repeating all the way around. It used elastic string, to stretch over the hand.
I'm sorry, no pictures, but I had no camera Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Small Smiley Flower
How to Crochet a Large Smiley Flower
How to Crochet Jolene Sugarbaker Sweater Cuffs
Duct Tape Bracelets
Duct Tape Jack-O-Lantern
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...