A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 307,938
Currently Running With Scissors:
370 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Offer What You Have (Crafts/Supplies) Swap - August  (Read 7688 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2007 05:44:05 AM »

wow  this  one seems to have been a bit  slower  than the  ones in teh  past.  I was  waiting for september to  get in on it  again...  maybe now  would be  better??

Unless someone can come up with a compelling reason not to, I've decided not to continue this swap in September. I appreciate everyone struggling along, but it hasn't revived it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2007 06:00:57 AM »

well I will go  thru  today and  make a list  and see if I can  pick it  back  up.... I  will post it tonight or early tomorrow.  and  send in  my request to be approved.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2007 06:18:34 AM »

well I will go  thru  today and  make a list  and see if I can  pick it  back  up.... I  will post it tonight or early tomorrow.  and  send in  my request to be approved.

I appreciate it, hon, but I don't want anyone to feel pressured. We've all tried in the past and now even the regulars are dropping out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2007 06:29:06 AM »

well  now that  schools  back  in maybe  some of teh  regulars  can  join  back. I  don't feel pressured I  was  only  waiting for september so I could  start fresh in the  month.   Hoping  to see  others  interested  again.  I love  this  swap.  but  then  maybe  jsut  taking  a month off  might  be  good???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2007 08:10:39 AM »

I was thinking that, yes. Go on hiatus for a few months so people can rebuild their stocks. This is the tenth month, and it's not surprising that people would kind of get depleted.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

calluna
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2007 10:28:50 AM »

Maybe as people start doing their holiday crafting and are more actively seeking random supplies, too. It looks like the thread has been viewed extensively, so people must just be browsing through the lists thinking, "Eh, don't need that right now. Eh, don't need that, either." Would it be helpful to increase the number of items required on a list?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm living/working in Yosemite Nat'l Park til further notice! Blogging about it here. No swapping for me, and minimal crafting time, for the coming months. Almost done with library school! That sums things up for now.
Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2007 10:46:54 AM »

The list I put up at the beginning of this round had a LOT of stuff on it. Way more than five. And I kept adding stuff every day. And still nothing for like a week. It's frustrating, and it makes people feel bad if I bust their balls about it when the list doesn't move. I feel like I've beat this dead horse long enough and I'm not willing to keep it going if it only makes people feel bad, that their stuff isn't good enough.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calluna
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2007 10:50:17 AM »

I agree, and you certainly have done a lot to encourage people along. Thank you for all of it!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm living/working in Yosemite Nat'l Park til further notice! Blogging about it here. No swapping for me, and minimal crafting time, for the coming months. Almost done with library school! That sums things up for now.
Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2007 10:56:59 AM »

I claim kayrun for Simply Knitting Magazine. This is my first claim this month.

One claim each:

1. Lot of crochet cotton. They are all partial balls, but I have no idea what the yardage is. The colors in the photo are accurate, but note that they are slightly different in gague from each other. White, cream, tiny bit of red, and multis in pink and purple.

2. POSSIBLY INCOMPLETE Vintage women's sewing pattern. It says that veiws 3 and 4 are nightgowns, while views 1 and 2 are housecoats. Personally, I think you could turn them into day dresses also. Size 16, which according to the chart is a 38" bust, 30" waist, 40" hip, with 16 3/4" back length. It has been cut, but by someone who is very careful with their sewing patterns. I verified that most of the pieces were there, but I can't be sure about a few of them (I didn't unfold them all the way, so I might've missed some.) At the very least you can do views 3 and 4 (the two in the center), and most if not all of the pieces for views 1 and 2 are there also, so if you're clever you might be able to make up the rest. Dated 1977!

3. Brand new 1960's mail-order sewing patterns! Pick one for one claim. The names are just some I assigned randomly based on how the model looked, so I could tell them apart. They are all about a 38" or 40" bust, but look at the filename for measurements. To do this, right click on the photo, then select properties. It should show the path for the photo, and at the end something like "Sue40-31-42.jpg".

1/2 claim each (read descriptions, some photos represent multiple choices that are 1/2 claim each).

1. Pastel madras cotton/poly blouse. This was part of my businesswear rotation because it was so easy to care for, but eventually I yanked it when I lost weight and didn't want to wear dowdy things that hid my middle anymore. It's a woman's S, and the colors are quite pretty. I don't see any obvious wear or stains. Cut it up and make something cool. The only reason it's still here and didn't go to the thrift store long ago is because I thought I might make something with it someday.

2. Magazines and catalogues. I have a lot of OK! magazine and Victoria's Secret. Good for decoupage and collage images, because there are lots of glamorous and scandalous pictures! Take as many as you want for 1/2 a claim.

3. All but a few dozen yards of a 7oz skein of Caron Simply Soft

4.  Complete skein of DMC Baroque crochet cotton in bright white.

5. Shoes I bought to recon but never got around to it. The white ones are size 5 1/2, and the other two are size 5. Each pair is 1/2 claim, or all three for 1 claim.

6. 18" x 60" pink plaid fleece fabric.

7. Really cute bright colors and metallic fish stickers. One sheet.

8. NEW Simplicity 4258. Size K5 - sizes 8-16. Bust 31 1/2-38", waist 24-30", hip 33 1/2-40".

9. Bits of handspun yarn... don't get too excited, this was a learning experience for me, and there isn't enough to really do anything with it other than a few stripes or as part of a rapunzel scarf. Both bits are 100% tencel, one of which is plied with DMC floss. The plied one should be about 8 yards, and the un-plied one is even less. You get both for one-half claim.

10. Cool bottlecaps. I'm not a huge bottlecap saver, but these are just the ones I thought were particularly neat. There will probably be more sent along with what's shown in the picture, as I run across them.

11. Super-spifffy ready-to-decoupage box. The outside has "victoria's secret" all over it, but the inside and edges are shiny as a mirror and vivid pink, with a matching ribbon already attached to close it. It opens like a book. It came as packaging for a perfume assortment, but the box was just so damned pretty I saved it. You could cover the whole outside, or you could snag some of the catalogues listed above and decoupage images of VS models if you know someone who likes the brand. Just don't cover the pink stuff! It's gorgeous!

12. Purse of paisley ties. All handsewn. The sides of the purse are kind of thick, so it is hard to get your hand in and out. There's no closure. You could take the lining out and re-do it if you wanted more space on the inside. Other than that, it's pretty durable (the fabric is a coarser weave than most ties) and I think it's pretty cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2007 08:00:32 PM »

miss v  I  would  completely understand if  you wanted  to  bow  out and  give  it  some  time.  altho  I do hope  you let  me know  wehn you start  back up. I for sure will be  interested..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
OOOOOHKLAHOMA! Where the wind...
Tute Tuesday: Hand-Bound Book
A Little Birdie Told Me

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...