A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,698
Currently Running With Scissors:
525 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Offer What You Have (Crafts/Supplies) Swap - August  (Read 5627 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: August 01, 2007 05:13:58 AM »

Swap name: Ongoing Offer What You Have (Crafts or Supplies) Swap

Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Miss Violaceous

Swap runs: July 4 through July 31

Details:
If you a) have crafts lying around that you've made
    or  b) enjoy making things for other people
    or  c) want to de-stash supplies
...then this swap is for you! To join you must have at least five things that you have made/would like to make/want to trade.

To join, first PM the organizer with your application. Once you are approved, you are free to claim something and post your list.

Swap Organizer meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES

Those of you who know me from other swaps probably know that I'm kind of a hardass about pictures and such, but this swap is a little different. It is important for you to thank your partner, be courteous and communicative, but a lot of the items are premade or stash, so pictures aren't crucial. However, DC numbers are mandatory for people in the U.S. sending to other people in the U.S., and everyone else must keep their receipts. I will be giving feedback in the following way:
-  good/poor communication:  where applicable
-  sent late: more than a week late
-  no dc number: failed to comply with the rule about using a delivery confirmation number for packages within your own country

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer Miss Violaceous by private message:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
-Name of swap:
-Craftster username:
-Email address:
-Your real name:
-Mailing address:
-Are you a Friend of Craftster or have you been a swap angel (with proof in profile)?:
-Your list of at least five items (crafts you can make/have readymade or details of supplies you wish to offer):

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

--------------------

This is an ongoing swap: Claim an item from the list of the last person who posted, and post your own list in response. It makes a chain. When we get to the end of the month, the very last person to post a list will be the first person to post a list at the beginning of the next month.

At the top of your claim post, state how many claims you have made this month, and how many of those are outstanding (i.e. the recipient has not yet received the item). Remember your outstanding claim limit:
Friend of Craftster: Three (per month)
First-Time Swapper: One (per month)
Everyone Else: Two (per month)
EVERYONE: Seven (total outstanding from this month + previous months)
The reason for the new cumulative limit of seven claims is that we will now be using a single feedback entry instead of having a new one each month. Because of this, there is a greater risk of someone racking up a bunch of claims and dropping out.

If your list stayed up for more than 48 hours before someone claimed from it last time you posted, you must add something to it the next time you claim. You can also allow claimers to add more items together to make a claim (i.e. they don't seem to be biting on your earrings, so now they can take two pairs for a single claim instead of just one.) If you are having trouble coming up with stuff to add, consider offering a small item to be custom made for the person who claims from you. This can be conditioned on using stash items if you wish. Remember that it must be something that you can complete in two weeks, unless your partner agrees otherwise.

Once someone claims from you, you have two weeks to get the package in the mail.  

Do not sign up unless you are willing to send outside of your country if necessary.

Check out the first round and the second round and the third round and the fourth round if you need help figuring out the scope of what to put on your list. It is typically in the $5-$15 range, from a half a yard to a couple yards of fabric depending on weight and fanciness, crafted accessories, grab bags of yarn, beads, buttons and notions, things of that nature.

Link to Swap Gallery

List of approved swappers:

3 Claims Allowed:
Miss Violaceous (one received)
bkrenning4
selkie (one received)
aimee_ant123 (three received)
Kristen81
Velvet Rose
kayrun (one received)
jloveg (three received)
purpleone (one received)

2 Claims Allowed:
farmgirljane
mrs.benjimadden (one received)
calluna (four received)
snowyangel
shiitake (one received)

1 Claim Allowed:
Caecilia42 (one received)
gannon (one received)

Claim send-outs:
Sent / Received / Late With Communication / Late Without Communication

Miss Violaceous from the last round is sending to aimee_ant123 - August 19
aimee_ant123 is sending to mrs.benjimadden - August 19
mrs. benjimadden is sending to aimee_ant123 - August 19
aimee_ant123 is sending to calluna - August 20
calluna is sending to gannon - August 21
gannon is sending to calluna - August 27
calluna is sending to selkie - August 28
selkie is sending to kayrun - September 4
kayrun is sending to Miss Violaceous - September 9
Miss Violaceous is sending to calluna - September 10
calluna is sending to shiitake - September 10
shiitake is sending to Caecila42 - September 10
Caecila42 is sending to jloveg - September 10
jloveg is sending to calluna - September 11
calluna is sendign to jloveg - September 12
jloveg is sending to aimee_ant123 - September 12
aimee_ant123 is sending to jloveg - September 12
jloveg is sending to purpleone - September 13
purpleone is sending to someone in the next round
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008 11:16:20 AM by Miss Violaceous » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007 05:21:56 AM »

Reposting my list here for convenience:

One claim each:

1. Lot of crochet cotton. They are all partial balls, but I have no idea what the yardage is. The colors in the photo are accurate, but note that they are slightly different in gague from each other. White, cream, tiny bit of red, and multis in pink and purple.

2. POSSIBLY INCOMPLETE Vintage women's sewing pattern. It says that veiws 3 and 4 are nightgowns, while views 1 and 2 are housecoats. Personally, I think you could turn them into day dresses also. Size 16, which according to the chart is a 38" bust, 30" waist, 40" hip, with 16 3/4" back length. It has been cut, but by someone who is very careful with their sewing patterns. I verified that most of the pieces were there, but I can't be sure about a few of them (I didn't unfold them all the way, so I might've missed some.) At the very least you can do views 3 and 4 (the two in the center), and most if not all of the pieces for views 1 and 2 are there also, so if you're clever you might be able to make up the rest. Dated 1977!

3. Brand new 1960's mail-order sewing patterns! Pick one for one claim. The names are just some I assigned randomly based on how the model looked, so I could tell them apart. They are all about a 38" or 40" bust, but look at the filename for measurements. To do this, right click on the photo, then select properties. It should show the path for the photo, and at the end something like "Sue40-31-42.jpg".

4. Custom-made earrings on sterling earwires. You specify color, materials, and give me a sense of your personal style, and I'll make something great just for you! Here is some of my past work:

5. Custom-made bracelet or anklet with a sterling clasp. I can do flexible tigertail (coated steel wire that will not crease) or a charm-style bracelet on a chain.

1/2 claim each (read descriptions, some photos represent multiple choices that are 1/2 claim each).

1. Pastel madras cotton/poly blouse. This was part of my businesswear rotation because it was so easy to care for, but eventually I yanked it when I lost weight and didn't want to wear dowdy things that hid my middle anymore. It's a woman's S, and the colors are quite pretty. I don't see any obvious wear or stains. Cut it up and make something cool. The only reason it's still here and didn't go to the thrift store long ago is because I thought I might make something with it someday.

2. Magazines and catalogues. I have a lot of OK! magazine and Victoria's Secret. Good for decoupage and collage images, because there are lots of glamorous and scandalous pictures! Take as many as you want for 1/2 a claim.

3. All but a few dozen yards of a 7oz skein of Caron Simply Soft

4.  Complete skein of DMC Baroque crochet cotton in bright white. 1/2 claim as is, or I can attempt to dye it a color of your choice (not black or earth tones) for 1 claim.

5. Shoes I bought to recon but never got around to it. The white ones are size 5 1/2, and the other two are size 5. Each pair is 1/2 claim, or all three for 1 claim.

6. 18" x 60" pink plaid fleece fabric.

7. Really cute bright colors and metallic fish stickers. One sheet.

8. NEW Simplicity 4258. Size K5 - sizes 8-16. Bust 31 1/2-38", waist 24-30", hip 33 1/2-40".

9. Bits of handspun yarn... don't get too excited, this was a learning experience for me, and there isn't enough to really do anything with it other than a few stripes or as part of a rapunzel scarf. Both bits are 100% tencel, one of which is plied with DMC floss. The plied one should be about 8 yards, and the un-plied one is even less. You get both for one-half claim.

10. Cool bottlecaps. I'm not a huge bottlecap saver, but these are just the ones I thought were particularly neat. There will probably be more sent along with what's shown in the picture, as I run across them.

11. Super-spifffy ready-to-decoupage box. The outside has "victoria's secret" all over it, but the inside and edges are shiny as a mirror and vivid pink, with a matching ribbon already attached to close it. It opens like a book. It came as packaging for a perfume assortment, but the box was just so damned pretty I saved it. You could cover the whole outside, or you could snag some of the catalogues listed above and decoupage images of VS models if you know someone who likes the brand. Just don't cover the pink stuff! It's gorgeous!

12. Purse of paisley ties. All handsewn. The sides of the purse are kind of thick, so it is hard to get your hand in and out. There's no closure. You could take the lining out and re-do it if you wanted more space on the inside. Other than that, it's pretty durable (the fabric is a coarser weave than most ties) and I think it's pretty cute.

13. The RETURN of the diet coke bag! I made it for practice using the Jordy method. There is no closure because I didn't have anything to close it with at the time. Lined with cute checkered cotton, and interfaced, so the sides stay up.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007 05:00:27 PM by Miss Violaceous » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ScotSkipper402
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007 09:29:30 AM »

So want to be in this month!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For what do we exist, but to laugh at our neighbors and be laughed at in our turn?"

My stash of supplies is now Beyond Life Expectancy. I love personal swaps! http://www.wists.com/redmennis
Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007 09:45:44 AM »

Surely that earring binge will be over soon. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007 06:57:26 PM »

*bump* because I added something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007 04:58:44 AM »

I'm in the middle of moving, so I'll be adding more things... as I run across them. But if it helps, add 1/2 claim to whatever you choose. So, 1 and 1/2 claims, or 3 x 1/2 claims to make up one claim.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2007 11:34:26 AM »

Annnnd a few more things added.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2007 05:01:22 PM »

I added even more stuff, including the return of the custom-made earrings and their cousin, the custom-made bracelet/anklet. The offer of an extra 1/2 claim is still open, too. Let's get this ball rolling!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aimee_ant123
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2007 09:35:17 AM »

I would like to claim Ms. Violacious for a custom pair of earrings, and the diet coke purse.  this is my first claim.

heres what i have to offer:

claim any TWO of the following

1 yard of blue print fabric

1 yard of pink and green polka dot fabric

1 yard of heart print fabric

12 Ikea boxes- each box fit perfectly inside a larger box... the smallest box fits in the palm of your hand

marble assortment- some marbles are round and some are flat

Blue moon charms

assortment of flannel quilt squares (4 inch)

an assortment of 9 seven inch zippers- may not be the exact same colors as in the picture

claim FOUR of the following-  or you can combine a 1/2 claim with two 1/4 claims if you'd like

six giant plastic google eyes

mirror squares- there are 21- 1 inch squares and 13- 1/2 inch squares

eight wine corks

small felt purses- not actual purses they were made to decorate a bulletin board now i just dont want to throw them away, plus you get the felt scraps too

a scrap of lime green fabric

1 skein of caron bliss

luck charms

glass pear charms

glass corn charms

stars and stripes glass beads

« Last Edit: August 05, 2007 03:45:27 PM by aimee_ant123 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lody
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2007 02:03:22 PM »

K so, TOTALLY random but, those rainbow boxes? My mom has owned the same ones for like, ten years, and she bought them in France. So amused to see the exact same ones here! Almost wish I was part of this swap so I could take them and be like "look mom, I have your boxes" XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like penguins, stars, rainbows and blue.
If your project has any of these, don't be surprised to see me post in it! Cheesy
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...