A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,457
Currently Running With Scissors:
411 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What are your Christmas knitted Gift Ideas?  (Read 9201 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

thejigisup
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2004 09:02:22 AM »

I'm making the Ruffles scarf from Scarf Style for the sister-in-law, the Basic Cable hat from SnBN in the Jellybean colorway for niece #1, Vegan Fox from Knitty for niece #2, and a charcoal seed-stitch scarf in Wool-Ease Thick and Quick for my dad. If time permits, more scarves might spring forward into existence for other lucky recipients......
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Me has been told me has healing hands.
dodie305
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2004 04:36:29 PM »

Does anyone have a pattern for a knitted snowman with a knitted scarf and hat? My mother had this pattern and can't find it.  She would like to find the pattern again and I was hoping someone here could help.  The pattern is knitted and then put around styrofoam balls.  There are two sizes.  One is about 12 inches tall and the smaller one is about 6 inches tall.  They are easy to make and make wonderful gifts.  If you can help, I would appreciate it!  Thanks!!   Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
minanina
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2004 08:04:21 AM »

Oh Zephren, I'm so glad to see someone's finished version of that hat! A sister of a friend is having twin boys soon, so I'm going to make the froggy hat and the matching slippers for one of the boys, and the ducky version for the other.

Those are soooo adorable, I think I'm going to make those for my best-friends daughters... I couldn't think of anything and know I have the perfect gift... Thanks for the link!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

I made a hell of a lot of crafts to get here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2004 08:24:09 AM »

I whipped up a scarf for my niece using Lion Brand Boucle and Fun Fur.  It was fast, easy, inexpensive, washable and most important....PINK!!!! 

I haven't put it in my photo album but it was my Dec 7th blog entry and includes directions for the recreating the scarf (not that it was even a teensy weensy bit hard).

http://www.booglass.typepad.com

Hope you like it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2004 12:11:17 PM »

boo, that scarf is TOO CUTE! She'll love it.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
butterflymary
The Dominatrix of Craft

I Bitch, Therefore I Stitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2004 11:24:49 AM »

Finger Puppers! From Knitty (summer '03). I have made a bunny and a bear so far. They are qyite easy to make. I will make a group of happy animals and then make a (non-knitted) qulited house for them to live in and give them to my friend's son for xmas. I don't know if he'll love them like I do cuz he's really into Thomas right now. And I also thought they could be stuffed and then they'd be mini "dolls" to live in the house. Hmmmmm..... my wheels are turning. I must get to work now.

I also have a pattern for a farm (the farmer and his barnyard animals). How cute!!!!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2004 04:06:19 AM by butterflymary » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now get craftin'!
pricklypear
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2004 03:27:49 AM »

I just had to get on here and express my frustration. 
I'm currently working on my second ever project, a scarf for my best friend.  My first ever was a scarf I started for myself a year and a half ago, and just finished.  Of course, I dropped the project several times and did the second half of it in a week.
So anyway, I've had a crappy time with this new one.  First of all, I'm using plastic needles because all the stores have been stripped bare by the knitting boom, and they were the only ones I could find.  My other needles are metal and so much easier to work with (but alas, too big for this scarf). 
And I'm quite rusty at casting on, so I've started over about 4 times.
Hmmph.  Just had to vent.   Angry

Edited to Add:  OMG!  I'm about to start over AGAIN!  Grrrrrrrrr!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2004 03:38:05 AM by pricklypear » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Flapperjakk
I heart wool and sharp pointy sticks!

WoolyWooskie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2004 04:23:22 AM »

Dude, I feel your pain.... maybe I can help with the casting on sitch... it used to be a little tricky for me too. What I do, is:
a.) (if you're a righty) a couple of feet before the tail end, wrap the yarn around your left thumb.
b.) Pretend your thumb is the left needle now, and stick the right needle through the yarn as if to knit.
c.) wrap yarn around and basically, just knit. repeat until you're done casting on. Hope this helped. :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sure, I've got one of those knittin' blog thing-a-ma-jigs!
http://woolywooskie.blogspirit.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
NYFW Gives Us 3 Low-Maintenance Hair Trends
Try Out Bangs Without Making The Cut!
70s Disco Hair Trend from Fashion Week
How to Thicken Your Hair on Any Budget
How Much Damage Are You Doing To Your Hair?
Latest Blog Articles
March 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: How to Make 110 Prayer Flags
Whatz Up, My Peeps?

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...