A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 299,166
Currently Running With Scissors:
575 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: One hour hat!  (Read 40996 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: January 18, 2005 08:21:32 PM »

Kimbabwe, that is a B-E-A-UTIFUL color!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
julia2222
« Reply #151 on: January 19, 2005 08:07:42 PM »

was the original (controversial) pattern like this: http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jhtml?&type=content&id=channel181746&site=&page=1/
I just knit one up this afternoon in Lion Landscapes yarn (Rose Garden- a lovely pink, red, browns, whites...)
it was super easy, and the hat is super cute.
I have a really big head, so I cast on 45 stitches but I didn't do enough extra rows, so it's too short to cover my ears :-(
Since it is my first hat, it shall be saved for posterity!  I have two more balls of the same yarn to do another one tomorrow! :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kategirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

queen of awkward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: January 19, 2005 08:47:01 PM »

if your hat is too short, you could just knit up some easy ear flaps and sew them on the sides.  it's a great way to save too short hats!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littleone1098

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: January 20, 2005 07:13:53 AM »

was the original (controversial) pattern like this: http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jhtml?&type=content&id=channel181746&site=&page=1/
I just knit one up this afternoon in Lion Landscapes yarn (Rose Garden- a lovely pink, red, browns, whites...)
it was super easy, and the hat is super cute.
I have a really big head, so I cast on 45 stitches but I didn't do enough extra rows, so it's too short to cover my ears :-(
Since it is my first hat, it shall be saved for posterity!  I have two more balls of the same yarn to do another one tomorrow! :-)
Yes it was somewhat like that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
RomBookLover

All I hear is blah, blah, blah

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 25, 2005 03:44:59 AM »

I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate hats!  Case(s) in point:

This one is two strands of Encore chunky held together and knit on US 13s.  My Goddaughter says that if I put a cord and tassel on the crown, she'll wear it.  Good thing, as it's way too small for an adult.

Use Wool Ease Thick and Quick and Fun Fur for this hideous thing.  I followed the Martha Stewart pattern for this one and even checked my gauge, still it came out very large.  My mother has a large head and she actually likes this one, so it's hers.  Of course, I think she likes it only because it's so @#$! cold outside, but ...  (Shrugs)

My personal thoughts?  That both are God awful.  They're slightly better than my first two attempts at hats (neither of which will even see daylight, let alone a camera) but still bad.  Done on a circ, dpns, straight needle, doesn't matter.  Hats elude me.

Sigh.   Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littleone1098

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: January 25, 2005 10:28:24 AM »

haha Rombook, I like them both! What's wrong with them?

The second one reminds me of the "No hair day" hat on www.headhuggers.org ....made for a chemo patient, teeheehee, it always makes me gigle. I've always wanted to make that one for my grandma, she has breast cancer and has been going through chemo......still haven't gotten around to that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RomBookLover

All I hear is blah, blah, blah

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 25, 2005 09:33:40 PM »

Damned if I'm not going to try my hand at another one, similar to the beanie, and am going to keep trying until I get one right (Read: One that I would proudly wear in public.)  The beanie probably would have turned out just fine if I had knitted about 5 extra rows and bound off before closing the crown.  I am so going to knit myself a decent hat before, say, March.  I am!  I swear!  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eraffert
« Reply #157 on: January 27, 2005 08:27:24 AM »

I completed my first one hour hat last night! It's so satisfying. I used JoAnn's Sensations, a thick and thin variegated yarn, in Licorice, with size 15 needles. Straight needles. I'd like to knit it in the round, but I don't have big enough circular needles at this time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gertie_T
« Reply #158 on: January 27, 2005 08:50:02 AM »

Cute! It looks great in that yarn.

Has anyone tried knitting this in the round?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
snowwhitesuicide
Thrash&Burn

Another twenty-something knitter with an attitude.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #159 on: January 27, 2005 09:02:31 AM »

I haven't braved knitting in the round yet....still mastering the straight needles!! I should really give it a try though, so much cute stuff I find calls for round or double points.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Using Design Passion to Make the World Better - Ross Floate
Thinking For a Living Working in Design - Ross Floate
How Hands On Experience Shapes Design Career Path - Ross Floate
Ross Floate on Designing Great Products One Use Case at a Time
Designer Nate Berkus On Losing His Partner And Coping With Grief
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...