A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,526
Currently Running With Scissors:
517 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: One hour hat!  (Read 39681 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Amber Nussbaum

www.myaimistrue.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2004 08:05:54 AM »

I made this hat too. It was so quick and turned out nice. I used the Lion Brand Thick N Quick yarn and size 17 needles. It came out a little bigger than yours, but it's perfect for someone with lots of hair. Plus I like that style of hat big. I think the next one I make, I'll use smaller needles.  I'll post a picture of mine when I get home. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.myaimistrue.com
my life in cooking, crafts, fitness, home decor and a boston terrier.
snowwhitesuicide
Thrash&Burn

Another twenty-something knitter with an attitude.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2004 10:44:00 AM »

I finished mine in about 2 hours, it's way bulkier than yours Gertie, but in a funky kinda way. I used Light N Lofty yarn in this garnet red/black color. I love it, I dropped and picked up a stitch on one of the last rows by accident so I have some struggling toward the end but I made it work. I'm going to whip up a black one tonight with some less floofy yarn and see what happens. I also used size 17s. I will post a crappy picture with my crappy webcam when I get home.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MindWhore

Believe it or not, I do have a nose.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2004 12:29:18 PM »

I love this hat! I made one last night for my friend Stephanie. Now I just have to make her a mini-scarf to match, and I'm done with one more present! I will post pictures when I finish the scarf.

-Elizabeth

P.S. This hat took me nearly three hours, because I am a slug-slow knittress and also because somehow I managed to skip the step where you do 12 rows of stockinette. I had to remove all those stitches and start from (nearly) scratch. Agh!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
snowwhitesuicide
Thrash&Burn

« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2004 03:04:36 PM »

This is a ramshakle hat, but I love it because it's my FIRST hat ever. The next one I make will look better, and this time I swear I will remember to COUNT the damned rows. Smiley
« Last Edit: December 14, 2004 03:07:33 PM by snowwhitesuicide » THIS ROCKS   Logged

littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2004 11:32:58 AM »

I made one, 3 yarns held together, royal blue, light blue, and a white with sparklies, It looks really cute and was SOOO easy! I made a scarf to match it for my sister. The hat was a tad bit loose, but comfy loose, not like, its gonna fall of my head if I move at all loose. Maybe Next time I'll take a row or two out? ......I guess I could use smaller needles...but yeah, maybe I'm just knitting to loosely. Anyways, that's not the point, it turned out fine and I love it! Thanks a whole lot for the link to the pattern! Off to make more for easy Christmas gifts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
snowwhitesuicide
Thrash&Burn

« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2004 02:24:22 PM »

Yeah mine is like that too, I'm gonna try it with a smaller needle and see what happens. I'll let you know.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

woolgathered
Sp-diddly-inner

woolgathered.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2004 08:45:43 PM »

OH, that hat is awesome! And thank you for posting the link-- I get a lot of questions concerning "What can I make with 80 yards of your super bulky wool?", and now I can refer them to this pattern!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mollie614

sister, do you know my name?

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2004 09:01:17 PM »

I love this pattern!! I have yet to use circular needles so I was looking for a straight needle hat to make. I made 5 of them as Christmas presents already! I just used the Wool-ease thick and quick and sz. 17 needles and they turned out great. I wove ribbon through the bottom around the base and tied it in a bow on a couple - i saw this idea in a different thread that i can't find now...  Thanks for the pattern!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lili
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2004 09:05:33 PM »

im going to make one of these on monday as soon as im done with finals!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tstacy

I am a Mac Virtual Assistant who loves crafts.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2004 11:22:55 AM »

i made this hat with what i had on hand....size 10.5 needles and 3 strands of plymouth encore worsted held together....it came out pixie size and i learned my first gauge lesson!!

but reading all these positive remarks i may just have to try it again  Smiley  did all of you use straights or circs? the one thing i didn't like was that the hat is seamed in the back...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

[www.merrickmgt.com] I
Virtual Administrative Business Support
Mac Enabled . Eco Conscious . Earth Friendly
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beauty Test Lab: Glove Treatment
Pout-O-Matic Lip Exfoliator Review
Beauty Test Lab: A New Way to Rock Bold Brows
Is This Kinda Scary Eyeliner Worth It?
How to Master a Matte Lip in Half the Time
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...