A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 300,953
Currently Running With Scissors:
673 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fall 2007 Interweave Knits....  (Read 2628 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kpuppy
« on: July 31, 2007 12:37:02 PM »

My new issue of Interweave Knits came in the mail today, and I've been on pins and needles waiting for it...it's the first issue with Eunny Jang as editor!

The first thing I noticed is that it is THICK! Thicker than usual. It is sort of the 'green' issue -- there is a lot about organic yarns and such.
THere is a feature about different cables and it seems like a great article...I can't wait to sit down and read it..

The patterns! I think that there are more than usual here..including a nice pair of thick, woolen, cabled socks that make me want it to get cold already! I love, love the tilted duster (which is on the cover) and I can't wait to make it!

Not only that, but there are FIVE really cool toe-up sock patterns online...

I'm very pleased with this issue. I think that the summer issue was really a transition issue, and I just knew Eunny would blow us away as editor...

Has anyone else gotten their copy??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ultraviolet
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007 04:19:25 PM »

Really?? Oh my goodness, I am working until 9pm! What if mine is at home waiting for me RIGHT NOW?? I have been absolutely lusting over everything in the preview. Gah!!!

And I didn't think it would arrive until next week when I will be on the other side of the country. This is good news!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://blog.threegoodrats.com

"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."
laneybug
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007 05:17:34 PM »

I was looking at that issue in the bookstore a little while ago. I thought about buying it, but I wasn't sure how many useful patterns were in there for a relatively new knitter such as myself. It seems a lot of the patterns in there are quite complicated for a newbie! Although, I'm currently working on a camisole/tunic thing from Interweave Knits Spring 2006. It'll be a challenge for me, but hopefully I doable one. I like to push myself forward and learn new techniques so that I can gradually work my way up to more intricate knits.

I could pick it up and save it until I'm ready to make more challenging things...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kpuppy
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007 07:10:30 PM »

It probably wasn't this issue you saw, it isn't in the bookstore until August 14th....But, usually the patterns vary from beginner to advanced, so it's not beyond you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ibunnysavetroy
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007 01:48:43 PM »

actually, kpuppy, several times I've seen the magazines (IK and VK) out before the newstand date. I think the LYSs and bookstores sorta ignore the rules sometimes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JennJenn

I have my hands full...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007 08:20:29 PM »

I got mine today and there are a bunch of patterns I want to try.  When I looked at the preview pictures online I didn't really like anything, but seeing them in the magazine changed things.  Maybe it's the clearer images, I don't know.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...Of knitting, sewing, crochet, and so much more!
isabelle_g
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007 07:26:49 AM »

I think the LYSs and bookstores sorta ignore the rules sometimes!

Are there hard-and-fast rules for magazines?  I know with books, they're always given a "publication date" (in quotation marks because no two publishers will ever agree on what that means), but it's mostly an estimated date, and for the vast majority of books, the stores can sell them whenever the inventory arrives.  (There are exceptions, like Harry Potter, where the store absolutely cannot sell them before a set date, but they're rare.)  My impression of magazines is that if the new issues happen to arrive before the expected date, the store doesn't have to wait to start selling them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
McFuzzy
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007 12:43:54 PM »

I got mine yesterday. There are a few patterns that I am dying to try, but alas, I am nursing, so they will probably have to wait.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kpuppy
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007 06:05:02 AM »

Are there hard-and-fast rules for magazines?  I know with books, they're always given a "publication date" (in quotation marks because no two publishers will ever agree on what that means), but it's mostly an estimated date, and for the vast majority of books, the stores can sell them whenever the inventory arrives.  (There are exceptions, like Harry Potter, where the store absolutely cannot sell them before a set date, but they're rare.)  My impression of magazines is that if the new issues happen to arrive before the expected date, the store doesn't have to wait to start selling them.

Yes, there are. When a bookstore or LYS gets the magazines, there is a 'display from ___ to ___' date on the front. ibunnysavetroy is right though, a lot of places don't exactly follow the rules, but I haven't seen this issue on newsstands anywhere just yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ibunnysavetroy
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007 07:16:37 AM »

so yeah I just got mine (off the newstnad at the LYS on this SATURDAy, I might add), and I want to make all of the sweaters! the tilted duster is so beautiful, more so than you can see in the previews!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Storytelling in Macro Photography
When Are You Ready For a DSLR
Critical Shutter Speeds in Macro Photography
How to Choose a Lens For a DSLR - Photography Tips
Nikon J1 Video Sample
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...