A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,122
Currently Running With Scissors:
461 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Completed Spiderweb Capelet  (Read 38580 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SouleMama
« Reply #110 on: January 18, 2005 06:50:25 PM »

It seems like there's been a wide array of yarn used for the capelet--wool, mohair, chinchilla, acrylic--why not chenille! They all have a different look with this pattern, but I've loved every one that I've seen on this thread..

I'd love to see it in chenille too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

burned-heart
« Reply #111 on: January 18, 2005 07:13:07 PM »

Thanks. I'm going to try it, then.
But first, I have to finish all the projects laying around the house. Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
veganpurlgurl
« Reply #112 on: January 20, 2005 11:00:00 AM »

I got some advice from crumpet over on the stitch n bitch board, and i was knitting along happilly until i bound off and realized my capelet is tight and about 9 inches long.  uhhh...  i now have a drapelet instead of a capelet.  i am vegan so, i used 100% acrylic yarn and can't block it to try to stretch it to size.

crumpet's advice was right on the money.  i think my trouble is in row 3.

row 3 says: p3, *drop 1, p1: rep from * to last 2 sts, p2.  i didn't follow those directions exactly, because i thought i was only supposed to drop the yarn overs, which for me, was more like drop 1, p2.  did i do something wrong (well, yeah..), but what?  i did end up with too many stitches at the end, but i figured that might just be because of the whole yo confusion in the pattern.  it looks purty, but it's no capelet.

anyone?

this is my first lace project and about my fifth week of knitting seriously.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zzjulia
New Knitter Attempts Blog

Woof!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: January 20, 2005 11:36:16 AM »

veganpurlgurl - you did better than I did!

I screwed up Row 3, so when I got to the row in the pattern that actually had a stitch count, I was probably twenty stitches under!  I ended up with a charming capelet for a 10 year old.

After emailing with legallyblonde, we figured out that I was dropping real stitches in addition to the yarnovers...so it actually sounds like you are doing Row 3 right (purling 2). 

Maybe your guage is off, and if you had a tight capelet, AND more stitches, it sounds like you may be increasing too.  Sorry I can't offer more help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

legallyblonde
« Reply #114 on: January 20, 2005 02:58:58 PM »

I never would have thought to do that in Chinchilla but it looks really nice. I love the color!

In spite of my claims I wouldn't start a second one in mohair until I got a couple other projects done, here it is!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

linda63pt
« Reply #115 on: January 20, 2005 07:02:08 PM »

Hi! I am new to this site, so pardon any errors!! I wish to thank you for your help in completing this capelet!! I did frog it twice and made a few errors, but I am still pleased.  My capelet is also small, but I think I might knit tightly.  If I ever figure it out, I will post pictures!!  I only used one skein of the merino frappe, and oh how I hate to make pom poms!  I did add a half pattern for length, but it is still a little narrow for me.  I still am planning to block it.  It looks great on my almost 9 yo!! Again, thanks to this site i was able to figure out the rows.  Linda
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SouleMama
« Reply #116 on: January 24, 2005 06:45:09 AM »

legallyblonde--I love how delicate your capelet looks with that mohair. It's beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

librarygirl
« Reply #117 on: January 24, 2005 05:02:33 PM »

Hi everyone,
Here is my finished capelet. This was my first big project (which means that it wasn't a scarf!). Reading everyone's posts helped me figure out what the heck I was supposed to do - thanks!
It has a few mistakes but I love it anyway!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: January 24, 2005 08:15:26 PM »

I LOVE that color, librarygirl!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
melidomi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

knit like the wind!

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 24, 2005 10:32:59 PM »

I just had to jump on the bandwagon!  Here's mine:

I did it in Paton's Divine on US 17s (12 3/4mm) and inspired by Lothruin's shell capelet over in the crochet boards I wove a ribbon through the top to close it instead of making the ties and pompoms.  I think it makes for a more formal capelet.  Sorry for the bad picture (and apparently filthy mirror)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Cool Custom Myspace Layout in Photoshop Cs4 Part 3/5
How to Make a Cool Custom Myspace Layout in Photoshop Cs4 Part 4/5
How to Make a Cool Custom Myspace Layout in Photoshop Cs4 Part 5/5
Learn a Cool Effect for Your Pictures in Photoshop Cs4
How to Make a Polaroid Image in Photoshop Cs3 Cs4
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Creating a Travel Journal
Eggs? Eggzactly!
Meatless Monday: Kale Yeah!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...