A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 309,610
Currently Running With Scissors:
547 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 34
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Felt Mascot or Little Stuffie Swap - R5 -- Gallery!!  (Read 48954 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

wootwoot

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #160 on: August 10, 2007 06:29:00 AM »

These are so awesome! I am really impressed! I love bats, so the little batty really grabbed me, but these are all around excellent. 

Maybe a bat swap should be in order!

Oh, man, I would love a bat swap, but I have to stop swapping for a bit Sad  I have a class starting soon and am not going to have time to be a good swapper.  But I'll certainly be watching the gallery if you decide to do it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shazrasha

A very crafty Doctor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #161 on: August 10, 2007 06:34:41 AM »

Maybe a bat swap should be in order!

Oh that would certainly interest me as well. My favourite place at our zoo is the Twilight zone with all the bats.  Grin

I love that Meredith can hang from her feet. That photo is real cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yes I do Personal swaps though you might have to ask me really nicely as I don't have huge swathes of time on my hands Smiley However I love crafting for other people.
peihan17
« Reply #162 on: August 10, 2007 07:07:18 AM »

Wow, this gallery is totally kicking butt Smiley

And on the weighted stuffing issue, I've been known to use all sorts of things when I didn't have those plastic pellets on hand, but I never would've thought of coins!

For super cheap, I've used dried beans with good luck, unless you're keeping your stuffie in a damp place for some reason  Tongue  Rice is not so good-- lots of critters like rice  Lips sealed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pro personal swaps and always open to a penpal!  PM me =)

Wist :: Etsy :: Flickr
novastarlet

Plastic Rodeo Queen

« Reply #163 on: August 10, 2007 07:58:53 AM »

Wow!! I was away for two days and I missed so much!!  Shocked

The gallery looks amazing guys. There are tons of fabulous packages this round. All of the trees are really cool. I especially love the detail work on yours, IamSusie. It looks fab.

peihan17: Another sweet rabbit! Cheesy And you received one too! Those are super cute. Nice work, loves2experiment. I love how your little girl is kinda knock-kneed?? Smiley And now I must head off and get some cotton candy poprocks. heh.

mylikes: The dolphin and seal are adorable!! You really have me interested in trying those patterns. I love the little whiskers!

treetree: What great frog! And the extra toutous were a nice touch.

k^2: Francine the Flapper is so freaking unique. I remember reading Rita's questionnaire that she likes the 1920s. I would have never come up with something like that. Fabulous down to the beaded necklace. Cheesy

lis enthusiasm: What an adorable kitty. Such a sweet face and a ball of yarn? That's a great touch.

Alicelovester: That tree is so cool! I can never make my own 3D patterns. Great work.

Millik: That bat is fantastic. I love how his feet allow him to hang upside down. And the detail on the box itself is great.

wiseowl: Such a sweet little hedgehog! I love the little bow too. Smiley I'm always amazed at the knitted stuff.

ritathepita: Bob is awesome. He kinda looks like a mix between a duck and a milk bottle. Cheesy Perfect for hiding out in the fridge, as IamSusie said. I like the fishing rod idea too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Website  :  Flickr  :  Wist
cupcakeguru
« Reply #164 on: August 10, 2007 09:00:10 AM »

Cute alien!

I never thought of stuffing with anything other than polyfill.  Are the pellets hard like rice or soft like the Styrofoam?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists          Flickr
SpottedFrog
« Reply #165 on: August 10, 2007 09:07:20 AM »

The pellets are like plastic BB's- they are what is in Beanie Babies. They are better than food products because they aren't edible, but move & flow like rice. They can be used with polyfill to create weight in one section so the critter can sit/ flop/ stand as you like. oliver is mostly poly-fil, just needed weight in his bottom end so he would stand up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Angry Angel
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: August 10, 2007 09:56:28 AM »

I received from halfelvenwriter today, and my little friends are so sweet:

Linnea (on the left) is a Dryad who has lost her tree (hey, she might find one in this swap!) but really wants to travel to Gallifrey & become a Timelord ( I really mustn't let her watch the new series, she'll be so upset! Her favourite is the 4th Doctor anyway, I guess her favourite story is Seeds of Doom).

Her friend is Calista, an Oceanid, who travels around with her, making sure she doesn't get into trouble. She is rather mysterious, and not so into Doctor Who.

halfelvenwriter also sent a little mobile phone charm with a cool dragon on it.

I love them both so much! I would never have thought of making them myself (which I guess is the point of this swap), but they're perfect. When I was little I never liked dolls, because they were hard, but I would really have loved these then, probably would have carried them around with me everywhere. Now I'm wondering whether to make a tree for Linnea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lucyravenscar.etsy.com
lucyravenscar.blogspot.com
lucyravenscar.tumblr.com
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #167 on: August 10, 2007 10:30:30 AM »

Linnea and Dryad are sweet!  I love Linnea's hair (and yes, you should definitely make a tree for the poor dearie!) Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Spring Market 2015
inle_rah
« Reply #168 on: August 10, 2007 10:31:28 AM »

Those dolls are awesome, and I love that Linnea likes Doctor Who.  That cracks me up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

about me
my wists
Ravelry
My Etsy
Personal swaps?  Yes, please.
novastarlet

Plastic Rodeo Queen

« Reply #169 on: August 10, 2007 01:11:53 PM »

These guys are cute. I love how they both have a look on their face like: "Crap. How'd we lose a tree?" Cheesy

Phone charm is also very awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Website  :  Flickr  :  Wist
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 34 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Puff Pastry Coins - Adding the Filling
How to Make Puff Pastry Coins
Cuts of Beef from the Sirloin and Tenderloin
Cuts of Meat from the Short Loin
Cuts of Beef from the Rib
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decorative Bulletin Board
Rain, rain, you don't have to go away...
Tute Tuesday: Latch Hooked Rag Rug

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...