A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,641
Currently Running With Scissors:
622 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 34
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Felt Mascot or Little Stuffie Swap - R5 -- Gallery!!  (Read 42746 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ritathepita
wish I had many arms

Rita the Pita

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: August 09, 2007 07:41:22 PM »

My partner, k^2, who did the Flapper Francine can't post the pictures of the stuffie that I made. So here he is, Bobi!!!

Bobi is a lil alien who came to visit planet earth to NYC. He loves to eat seafood and sail. I sent my partner a NYC postcard with Bobi's bio, a journal in nyc and his favorite alien seafood.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010 08:49:37 AM by lapoli - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

enjoyin' my life as a mommy!
want to get into crafts but so little time!
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #151 on: August 09, 2007 07:47:24 PM »

The bag is a leftover from my daughter's star themed birthday we had a few weeks ago.  I'm glad you Alex the Giraffe, Christina! 

I was going to make him school supplies, but the pencil set I did was way too fiddly and didn't really work out, so I switched to the little tree.  Instead of making a craft store run for heavy plastic pellets, I put a few coins in the base.  I think the coins (about 57 cents) are cheaper than the bag of pellets would have been.
'
For something that small definetly but let me say the plastic pellets are well worth the money. I bought a 2 or 3 pound bag for 5.00 in november of last year and only a month ago used them up! You need way less than you think per project so it's a great investment.
I made at least 14 stuffed animals for christmas and I have no idea how many I made for swaps in that time period!

That tree is so cute! I think the bag and tree are my favorite parts. For some reason I love trees! But the giraffe is super cute too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SpottedFrog
« Reply #152 on: August 09, 2007 08:59:21 PM »

I'm sort of a frog person
No 'sort of' about it, you are or you aren't, clearly you are : )

3 trees in one swap! we must be tree huggers!

I, too, refused to run out just for pellets. I went to the backyard and scrounged some smooth pebbles out of the decorative gravel in the flower bed & washed them- Oliver has rocks in his butt...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IamSusie
« Reply #153 on: August 09, 2007 09:08:03 PM »

Bobi the alien is so funny!  He looks like he could disguise himself in my refrigerator   Wink

I've gotta just suck it up and buy those pellets.  It's just that the weather was terrible on Sunday and I never got out of my pajamas, so going out to Michaels was just too much... Rocks are a good alternative, but at this point I'd need to buy those too... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wootwoot

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #154 on: August 09, 2007 09:46:16 PM »

I'm glad I warned you about her eBay habit...that was a close call! The picture of your dogs is hilarious and I am so glad that you discovered the intended use of Meredith's little bat foots Smiley

No package in the mail for me yesterday, but I'm crossing my fingers it will be there when I get home from work tonight!

Yes, I will be keeping my credit cards hidden Wink 

I love the little bat foots!  I had to look all over for something for her to nap on and finally found the key to the gas fireplace. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kelda
Pirate Queen

Rock on the dock and never stop.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #155 on: August 09, 2007 10:31:35 PM »

ZOMG! Everyone is so talented! I especially love that giraffe-- great job, IamSusie!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fearlessly willing to try new crafts ... and usually botching them horribly.
My wists
Angry Angel
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: August 10, 2007 12:41:04 AM »

I love alex Giraffe and especially his tree - coins are a good idea for a base, you can't get plastic pellets that easily in the UK (well, I've never seen them), and since I crochet I'd need things that wouldn't slip through  the holes.

Cute alien! He's a really interesting and original shape, & I love his little tooth.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MariskaLovesCrafts
« Reply #157 on: August 10, 2007 03:53:09 AM »

Wow so many great new stuffies! The gallery seems to getting bitter so fast now!

Very adorable!

Love that little giraf! Smiley
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007 03:54:53 AM by MariskaLovesCrafts » THIS ROCKS   Logged

wiseowl
« Reply #158 on: August 10, 2007 05:28:15 AM »

These are so awesome! I am really impressed! I love bats, so the little batty really grabbed me, but these are all around excellent. 

Maybe a bat swap should be in order!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Quail
« Reply #159 on: August 10, 2007 05:43:31 AM »

I love all of the stuffie friends!!

My partner had to turn away her package due to a shipping issue (long story that I blame on my husband) so we are trying to fix it.  I'm dying for red_phooka to see her stuffie.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

visit my etsy shop
www.rubyunderground .etsy.com
my quirky crafty blog of things I make and cool things and sites I find
www.thecraftymommy. blogspot.com
www.wists.com/craftymommy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 34 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ian James Corlett Reveals His Favorite Movie
Jeffrey Rotter Offers Readers Some Words of Wisdom
Alan Katz Reads the Poem On Top of the Bleechers
The Book of Spam Book Trailer Part 1
Stephen King Talks About the Art of Storytelling
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...