A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 301,569
Currently Running With Scissors:
430 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hanky Angels  (Read 2992 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mary Bell
« on: July 30, 2007 03:13:02 PM »

I came up with these angels in February when my MIL and I started planning the big Christmas party. These are some that I made for her party.

These are some angels I made from hankies from my  maternal grandmother (who while not dead, is in the advanced stages of Alzheimer's).

I helped my Mom make these two - these are hankies from my grandma and grandpa - she wanted special ones for herself.

Here is a tutorial for them: http://crafts.suite101.com/article.cfm/hanky_angels

« Last Edit: January 11, 2010 12:07:33 PM by rackycoo - Reason: to fix images » THIS ROCKS   Logged
gnathalie2
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007 03:14:51 PM »

Beautiful!  A flock of those would look so great hanging in kitchen!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

make today a positive one!
www.gnathalie2.wordpress.com
susankg53
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007 03:30:55 PM »

beautiful idea, I have some hankies that I didn't want to cut up and now here is something I can do without cutting them to pieces. Your angels are really nice. The one with blue flowers on the hanky, I have an angel made from that same hanky, it was given to me by a friend, but the hanky was cut to make it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mary Bell
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007 03:36:59 AM »

beautiful idea, I have some hankies that I didn't want to cut up and now here is something I can do without cutting them to pieces. Your angels are really nice. The one with blue flowers on the hanky, I have an angel made from that same hanky, it was given to me by a friend, but the hanky was cut to make it.

I so totally agree. I didn't want to cut my hanky's either and I couldn't find anything for making hanky angels that didn't involve cutting them up. So this is what I came up with. I am pretty happy with it. I am glad you like it!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bbeaded
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007 04:49:38 AM »

they are so sweet, i kida love that fact that they dont have faces, makes them look even cuter!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Latest blog - www.oddsnblobs.blogspot.com

MY NEW ETSY STORE!! - www.oddsnblobs.etsy.com
selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007 07:04:30 AM »

Those are really beautiful. I also have a bunch that I picked up at thrift stores, and people that are tough to shop for!
Thank you - Selkie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
Blueice
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007 12:39:45 AM »

What a great idea - they are beautiful.  I have old hankies edged with crochet made by my grandmother.  This is a great way for them to be on show rather than tucked away in a drawer.  Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amicreature
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007 10:59:32 AM »

omg - thats so simple and yet so pretty! They are adorable, i want to have some for in my christmas tree...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Katniss Wedding Dress Cake
How to Make Flavored Sugars
How-to Make a Toppings Bar for Roasted Marshmallows
Tres Leche Cake for Cinco De Mayo
Easy Peasy Rhubarb and Custard Ice Cream Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Making Toys
May 27, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Solar Light Garden Mushroom

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...