A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 306,566
Currently Running With Scissors:
376 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anyone on the south coast?  (Read 7488 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Endless Liz
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2005 02:18:32 PM »

Now this is a really really old thread but I'm from NB too. I don't know if you guys have checked these out but there are alot of open studios that are fun to visit. Check out Cove St Studios or the Star Store studios. New Bedford Antiques is always worth a visit and has a booth that sells vintage trim and buttons. Also, the second thursday of every month there is an event downtown where people sell their work and all the galleries downtown are open. There's also live music and free food!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Crafterbynite
Customizing the world ..one shirt at a time

Extraordinary machine!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2006 12:16:51 AM »

Im not from nb but I'm from tiverton ri ...but my bfs band practices in nb....beyond the embrace...maybe you know them...any who glad to see locals who craft
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ETSY :: Wist :: Blog :: Fb :: Twitter
snowwhitesuicide
Thrash&Burn

Another twenty-something knitter with an attitude.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2006 03:31:41 PM »

HAH! I know your boyfriend! My husband's band shared a practice space with BTE for yeaaaars. Awesome dudes, we just saw 'em with Green Carnation a few weeks back!

I totally remember talking to Chris and him saying that his girl was all into crafting. Too funny.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

snowwhitesuicide
Thrash&Burn

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2006 03:34:16 PM »

so, this post is super old. but..  i just moved to New Bedford from San Diego about a week ago. I don't really know how to get anywhere besides the supermarket, North Darmouth mall, and Savers........  so I'd super be into anyone wanting to show me around to the neato thrift shops + craft supply stores........  I did notice a JoAnn's near the mall. Anyways.. I'm going to be going to school in Providence in a month so if anyone knows any places down there they can tell me about, that would r-o-c-k.

-- debra

Welcome to the shotho...neighborhood! There is a joanns AND an A.C. Moore in Dartmouth, we've also got a local yarn store opening in Fairhaven soon! There is a Stitch n Bitch group in Providence if you're into knitting. If you're lookin for a crafty shopping buddy, message away!

EVA's Yarn Store has opened since this post, Eva rocks, the store has some really posh stuff. Pricey, but totally worth it!! She hosts a "knit night" there on Wednesdays.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KinkyLilBlackDress
Always Bet on Black.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2006 11:20:15 AM »

Im not from nb but I'm from tiverton ri ...but my bfs band practices in nb....beyond the embrace...maybe you know them...any who glad to see locals who craft
I'm from Tiverton, too! We probably know eachother...lol. Small town and all.

That, and I work in Fall River.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafterbynite
Customizing the world ..one shirt at a time

Extraordinary machine!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2006 10:47:03 PM »

KinkyLilBlackDress, Maybe I might know you where do you work..I go to BCC I don't work atm ..Oh and a saw that you were at that indie fair in Boston last week ..I want to get in some of them but I get to nervous and never fill out the application ..How did you do.... was it fun...Maybe we could share a table sometime...send me a pm sometime

snowwhitesuicide, You photos were awesome at the show...did you win anything...I didn't Huh oh well there's always next time...are you taking any thing else next semester...

Any woo i have to get to bed im kinda tired

THIS ROCKS   Logged

ETSY :: Wist :: Blog :: Fb :: Twitter
snowwhitesuicide
Thrash&Burn

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2006 02:58:28 PM »

KinkyLilBlackDress, Maybe I might know you where do you work..I go to BCC I don't work atm ..Oh and a saw that you were at that indie fair in Boston last week ..I want to get in some of them but I get to nervous and never fill out the application ..How did you do.... was it fun...Maybe we could share a table sometime...send me a pm sometime

snowwhitesuicide, You photos were awesome at the show...did you win anything...I didn't Huh oh well there's always next time...are you taking any thing else next semester...

Any woo i have to get to bed im kinda tired

You're kidding, that coat didn't win anything? I didn't either. The judges picked some CRAP. Unoriginal boringness mostly. How about that stupid vagina poem and crappy sketch? What a steaming pile...nevermind.

I'm in BCC for another year, 2 more semesters! I can't wait to be done with finals. I'm so spent on school. Was cool to meet you though! You are the first Craftster I've met!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KinkyLilBlackDress
Always Bet on Black.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2006 06:19:55 PM »

I work at Atlantis Charter School in Fall River, grad of THS 1997. You should def do shows! I'm doing one in Warwick labor day weekend....do Fall River Celebrates America! I'm hoping to get in there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my4kidz
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2006 05:50:23 AM »

I'm a long time lurker here but just had to post now to say I live in NB too!!!

I have lived here most of my life and I didn't know about the studios opening up every second thursday. I'll have to check it out!!!

ok so now that I have finnally posted I guess I'll have to start posting more

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Endless Liz
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2006 09:41:40 AM »

yep, there's one coming up on the 8th. I'm not sure what the events will be this month but last month was a complete blast. if you google "aha new bedford" you could check out the schedule. see you there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrap Busting Artwork
Let's Monkey Around!
Meatless Monday: Lemon Cornmeal Waffles

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...