A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,762
Currently Running With Scissors:
442 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ideas for Christmas Table  (Read 1159 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« on: December 01, 2004 01:23:56 PM »

Hey guys, I offered to host a table for this "Womens Christmas Tea" thing, and I think I'm gonna go with light blue and silverish colors. It's this Saturday, and all I have is a silver table cloth and some light blue plates (Or some clear plates that my Aunt mentioned she had, havent seen them yet, so I haven't decided on the dishes for sure yet) Anyways, I'm supposed to have a centerpiece in the middle. I was thinking maybe snowman, or snowflake themed. I also need to have some sort of party favor, there will be 8 people at each table. I had the idea of some of the wire snowflakes, that someone on craftster just posted.....but I wanted to see if anyone had any other ideas, for centerpieces, favors, anything cute I can do to dress up the table. Also, it cant be tooo time consuming or expensive....help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
grrlfriday
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004 01:29:37 PM »

I've made these white paperbag snowflakes that Martha Stewart made on her show a few years ago, they are easy to make and really spectacular, we hang them in our front window every year!  Since they're quite large you could use them as a centrepiece (just slip one over an empty wine bottle).

http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jhtml?type=content&id=tvs7613

I think that making a snowman for a centerpiece is also a FANTASTIC idea!  As for favours, you could always bake large cookies shaped like snowmen or snowflakes, ice them and then put them into little celophane bags - too cute!

Good luck with the party!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2004 01:45:41 PM »

Woah, those snowflakes are awesome! thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
rabid.dustbunny
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004 07:13:27 PM »

It can't be time consuming OR expensive? Yikes! If it's not one it's usually the other, lol!
Did you see the movie Elf? I love the decorations in that movie - they strung cotton balls on string, lots of white paper chain-link style grarland (I'm thinking computer paper, which we all seem to have a lot of) and those snowflakes we made as kids by folding paper (again, the ever present white comp paper) all over. It was really cute, probably not at all expensive and would be less time consuming if you have friends,kids, little bro's or sisters or neighbors to help out, besides, it would be a fun Christmas "together time" type thing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The mighty oak was once a little nut that stood it's ground.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Style a Bouffant Ponytail
How to Get More Mileage Out of Your Highlights
This Is What Happens When You Stop Washing Your Hair
The No-Poo Movement
Put a Twist on the Classic Milkmaid Braid
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...