A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,144
Currently Running With Scissors:
405 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pixalator..  (Read 82209 times)
Tags for this thread: featured_project , pixel  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MonkeyBrains

I'm a llama! No no.. I'm a chicken!!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2005 09:07:41 PM »

I just used the cheapest Fabric the store had..

The Simposon's is great to have running under the Pixalator, all the bright colors!!

And I'm so Freakin Excited about having a FEATURED PROJECT!!  Hoorah!!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2005 09:13:13 PM by MonkeyBrains » THIS ROCKS   Logged
gayladawn
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2005 11:14:18 PM »

I just found out that the ones sold in the store actually use suction cups to adhere to the tv screen. There's an idea
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kimmykat
get out of my trash.

take it easy, your wired to detonate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2005 01:22:39 PM »

nobody thinks this will make a fire right? cause i dont like watching tv, yet i have one and this seems like a wonderful alternative however i am living with a crazy mother that thinks anything, no matter what it is, will somehow eventually catch fire and "burn the house down"
i guess tv's get hot right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

im going to live forever or die trying.
MonkeyBrains

I'm a llama! No no.. I'm a chicken!!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2005 05:35:30 PM »

Suction caps sound like a rad idea..  My Pixalator is back in the UK and I'm heading home to Aus so I may have to make a new-improved one..  Weeeeeeeeeeeee!!

This in no way covers the TV so there's a super, super slim chance of fire, like none at all..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tinytallgirl
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2005 06:46:59 PM »

another cute idea would be to get the same paper used for the japanese tatami screens, a used lightweight picture frame and frame it...there you go...live "once in life time" art in motion.  I say that because it wouldn't follow the same pattern...unless you have TiVo or a dvd to replay.  Oooh....music videos...nice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What the deuce?
Beck.the.Speck
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2005 01:28:43 PM »

wow.  definitely too cool.  finally, a toilet paper tube project that ISN'T corny!  rock on!

i wonder....do you think that the pixelator's effects would change depending on the tubes' lengths?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JodiJean
JOCOLE: extra-long modest shirts! personalized tyvek creations (including iPod cases) and unique compact pocket mirrors. sterling silver jewelry.

Modest clothing, tyvek wallets, recipe boxes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2005 02:49:08 PM »

wow.  definitely too cool.  finally, a toilet paper tube project that ISN'T corny!  rock on!

i wonder....do you think that the pixelator's effects would change depending on the tubes' lengths?

i also was wondering about lengths, and maybe diameter, could you make your own tubes out of maybe cardstock rolled up for instance?  i dont really understand why or how this works but i so want to try it.  would the length of the tube make a difference, or would the circumference make a difference?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.jocole.net
http://jocole.etsy.com

JOCOLE:  Extra-long modest shirts!
Personalized tyvek wallet and zipper pouches, custom recipe boxes.

http://jodijean.blogspot.com
http://jocole.blogspot.com
Beck.the.Speck
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2005 06:14:18 PM »

i also was wondering about lengths, and maybe diameter, could you make your own tubes out of maybe cardstock rolled up for instance?  i dont really understand why or how this works but i so want to try it.  would the length of the tube make a difference, or would the circumference make a difference?

well, i have a cute little tv in my room that is smaller than most...so i was thinking i'd make the diameters a little smaller than normal to accomodate...otherwise i might not get varied enough patterns..or something....i'm kind of confusing myself...
but i could be wrong, so i'll experiment and see.  Smiley  i thought maybe i'd cut tubes lengthwise to make two tubes of half the normal diameter.  dunno. it would be fun to mix it up----does opacity of the tube material matter, for instance?---i like your cardstock idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SophieTheWise
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2005 06:54:57 PM »

thats insane! i love it. how in the world did you ever think of such a thing?! i have a sudden urge to do that now, i have a tv in my room but i barely use it so this would be a wonderful project to do. ahhh! i cant get over how cool that is.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stitchedprincess
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2005 11:10:25 PM »

Awesomeness. You're a genius! I'm going to do it. To me, it will be better than watching tv the normal way. Love it! Much props!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Straighten Hair with Flat Iron
How to Style Bangs a into Curly Wavy Hairstyle
How to Create a Wavy Bob Hairstyle
ISH Ionic Rescue Pro Treatment Review
How to Create a Holiday Updo for Short Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...