A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,716
Currently Running With Scissors:
638 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas in July  (Read 8089 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dancingbarefoot
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2007 02:30:26 AM »

dancingbarefoot - Have you seen the surprise pattern up on Knitty for a mesh hemp shopping bag? I really liked it.

I'm thinking about it, because that's a very clever pattern. More than likely, though, all or most of them will be done on my standard-gauge knitting machine with a pattern I designed last month. I'm a graduate student, so I don't have much free time, and that way I can knit up several of them in one day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

1. All fungi are edible.
2. Some fungi are not edible more than once.
~~Terry Pratchett~~

my blog | index of free machine knitting patterns
psmommy
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2007 06:43:27 AM »

I haven't done much knitting yet, as I'm still finishing up some swap stuff, but I do have all my knits picked out for this year:

Sea horse baby cardi w/ matching socks from an old knit 'n' style mag for my youngest nephew.
Gloves from Classic Knits for my Mom.
Washclothes from the washcloth-knit-a-long for my Mom and Sister.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
sara_dippity

Future Professional Bleeding Heart Liberal

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2007 08:43:27 AM »

I'm working on a stocking for my son that is absolutely beautiful. I love the pattern. Except that I modified it to be in the round and that's odd with the intarsia, and I changed a few things so the purl bumps don't show with color changes.
I'm also making some dishcloths for my aunt. I plan on starting Santa hats for me and my son as well. My mom, she gets nothing. She asks me to knit her stuff all year long, she can get that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Save the world with a click a day. Donate your airplane and hotel loyalty points to Make a Wish
Me blog.
Me Ravelry.
cranberry
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2007 08:52:38 AM »

Sorry to jump your thread, soubriquet, but this one's been bugging me - searched as much as I could, but could someone tell me what an FO is??

Thanks and sorry for the newb stylee question

Oh and good luck with your Xmas craftyness!!

F.O. - finished object
UFO - unfinished object
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ibunnysavetroy
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2007 11:05:19 AM »

I did this last year, and it worked out spendidly. Instead of not having anything for gifts ready for xmas, I even had about a month to do friend gifts!
Last year, i had just started socks, so I knit socks for my nana, mom, dad, grandpa and cousin. Then a bag for my other cousin, hat for my other grandpa, and knit santa hats ortaments for everyone else.
This year, I've finished my first gift:
(prolly for a cousin or sibling.)
(yes, i know i look out of it, b/c i'm on pain meds for my lack of wisdom teeth)

the pattern is the fingerless mitts from "weekend knitting". I was orginally disappointed with the book, but i now realize the amazing gift giving potential in the book.
(i also conveniently found out i am slightly allergic to alpaca! i can feel that it's soft, but after just taking the above pictures, I started to itch!)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007 11:46:18 AM by ibunnysavetroy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

april_cocaine
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2007 11:10:16 AM »

I'm definitely in! Last year I knit quite a few gifts for friends and family, but this year I think I can do better.
I'm thinking :

Stuffed toys for the small children
Hat/Scarf (maybe gloves if I can master them) for the older boys
Bags for the girls
Cardigan for my mum
Not sure about my step-dad
Glovess for granparents
Knitted tree ornaments or stuffed toys for everyone else
And a 3-D knitted skull for my boyfriend. It might be easier to do a crochet one (but I lack the skills! Got a few months left to learn though right?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xx_Kellybean
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2007 11:32:30 AM »

I'm not sure exactly what I have to knit for christmas, yet... but I do know that I want to knit my group of best friends something.

one of them a hat with a duck on it.
one of them a hat with a peace sign on it.
...and as for the other seven, who knows.

The only problem is i've only knitted hats on looms before..
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007 11:33:33 AM by xx_Kellybean » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Luna Tuna
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2007 01:50:31 PM »

[Luna Tuna - I adore Malabrigo. What colorway do you have?]
Damask, which is a gorgeous rose, and Sunset, which is indescribable. Just such a beautiful golden, orangey yellow. I'm a fairly new knitter [going on 6 months now] and it's by far the best yarn I've ever purchased! Can't wait to get started. I am hoping to get more than a pair of fingerless gloves out of each skein... we shall see!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fragolina_piccolina

It means "little strawberry" in Italian ;o).

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2007 03:20:32 PM »

I'll join this knitalong, seeing as I've already started my Christmas crafting. My first present has been completed, the Print O'the Wave stole for my mom:

Already on the needles for other gifts are:
~Feather and fan lace scarf in knitpicks lace weight wool, grape jelly (halfway completed)
~Lizard ridge blanket in simply soft country blue, medium blue and dark blue, 7 squares completed

I'll post pics as I finish these, and add more (like, four more!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(`v)
`*..*
..*) .*)
(. (. . .`..*Melanie*
The Italian Knitter... don't insult the sticks, or you'll have to watch out for my knitting mafia!
Caclark4
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2007 05:44:05 AM »

I'm totally in.  I actually have most of my Christmas shopping done already.  All of the family birthdays are in the fall so if I don't start soon, I'm broke from September on.  Last year I made the Stitch n Bitch devil hats for the girls that I worked with (15 in all) during the months of November and December and they loved them.  Just saw the Oscar the Grouch doll pattern and for some reason I really want to do that for my mom...lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

That which does not kill you makes you funnier-Joseph Fiennes
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tadashi Shoji NYFW Fall 2014 - Interviews & Runway
Celebrity Sightings at NYFW Rebecca Minkhoff Show
Lindsey Vonn Walks the Runway on Crutches at Go Red Fashion Show!
Diane Kruger Stuns at Peter Pilotto for Target Fashion Show
5 Hot Valentine’s Day Lingerie Looks
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...