A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,089
Currently Running With Scissors:
593 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Probably the FATTEST Fat Bottom Bag you've ever seen!! (EDIT 12/28/07)  (Read 15753 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

green r my tear$
I Praise GOD for my TALENT$ and MOTIVATION!!

U R ONLY LIMITED BY UR IMAGINATION!! SO IMAGE...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2007 12:28:09 PM »

here is the link for lining our FBBs:

http://crochetkel.blogspot.com/2006/10/sew-you-wanna-line-your-fat-bottom-bag.html

Yeah, I *sorta* did.  I didn't have enough fabric, so it came out really crappy, but there's a tutorial on lining it somewhere....

All I know is that you're supposed to line it BEFORE adding the handles that hold the straps!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Katrena'sGifts&Such

Enrolled Swap:
knotty_girl
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2007 04:38:46 PM »

I absolutely love everything about this bag.  I'm definitely going to make a huge one like this....as soon as I finish my cupcake. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
massiekur
weasley is our king!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2007 12:36:19 PM »

I LOVE this bag! I picked up some black chunky yarn at Michaels, and it is the same as yours! What a coincidence. lol. I have already gone through almost 2 full skeins of that. How many did it take you? I will have to go back to Michaels soon and get a couple more skeins.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patters..." by Dumbledore Pg. 73 "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince"
Emiko Hime

I object to your reality and substitute my own!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2007 05:36:01 PM »

Hm, I believe I used 3 (maybe 4 to be safe) skeins...
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007 02:44:48 PM by Emiko Hime » THIS ROCKS   Logged
PLots_Star
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2007 06:15:02 AM »

I love the changes that you made to the FBB  Smiley...How did you work the handles? I'm making the bag know in caron simply soft.  I casted on more sts and increasd more sts because of that to make it larger. I was going to buy handles but I like the way your look. please tell how you did that.
[/color]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
colorlessblue
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2007 08:38:52 AM »

i line my bags after finishing everything else. i just turn them inside out and make the lining around the bag, so that when you put it on the right position, the lining is a bit bigger than the bag. i found it that, this way, you can put the lining nearer to the opening than if you line it before doing the handles... and it helps me because i attach  a magnet button to the lining, to close the bag. if the lining is too down you lose a lot of space.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd rather be a climbing ape than a falling angel."
Terry Pratchett
http://colorlessblue.blogspot.com/
knotty_girl
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2007 07:01:01 AM »

I started working on my super fat FBB yesterday.  I'm so excited.  Need to buy some more yarn, though. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
~Ra`nYBuTTeRfLy~
SweEtLii pSyChoT*c MoNkii

Monkey see....monkey do

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2007 07:32:59 PM »

Hi all I'm new, but i've been trolling this site for a few weeks now and i've been lovin every moment. I absolutely love your bag and want to make one for school next week. I was planning on making a boring ol' market tote from the lion brand site but i've found your's and there's no going back. Grin I bought some skeins of Red heart plush in black for the other bag and i have an H8 hook. But i'm worried that it won't come out right. It seems so thin and Worsted 4 medium. How can i possibly make it just as big?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
*evestar*
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2007 10:22:53 PM »

Your bag is awesome!~ I love the idea so simple, bigger hook chunkier yarn GREAT!! Have to make myelf one of these super FBB. Thanks for some much needed inspiration  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Everything paper related:
http://foldingtrees.com
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2007 10:23:18 AM »

Hi all I'm new, but i've been trolling this site for a few weeks now and i've been lovin every moment. I absolutely love your bag and want to make one for school next week. I was planning on making a boring ol' market tote from the lion brand site but i've found your's and there's no going back. Grin I bought some skeins of Red heart plush in black for the other bag and i have an H8 hook. But i'm worried that it won't come out right. It seems so thin and Worsted 4 medium. How can i possibly make it just as big?
The creator of this bag used a thicker than worsted yarn called a bulky weight. To make yours about the same size you could try using two strands of your yarn at once. Just hold them together and crochet as if they are one piece of yarn.
You will still need a bigger hook though. The original poster used a "N" hook which is really thick. A "H" is about average size and will make your stitches smaller and your bag will be smaller too.

Emiko Hime- I love your bag! I was wondering how many stitches you chained to make your handles?
I made one of these with super bulky yarn but the handles are too long. I'm going to have to frog them and start over.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Photograph with a Point and Shoot Camera
How to use Light to Create Dynamic Images
How to Shoot marketing portraits
How to Photograph a Very Young Baby
How to Photograph a Nine Month Old Baby
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...