A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 300,960
Currently Running With Scissors:
615 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Probably the FATTEST Fat Bottom Bag you've ever seen!! (EDIT 12/28/07)  (Read 16838 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

miyasmith
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2007 10:52:33 AM »

never mind! I'm such a goober, I didn't have my glasses with me.  Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
anthurium

radical feminist craft-ivist

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2007 03:40:16 PM »

love it!  I need a purse with a strap long enough to wear, or I will leave it sitting somewhere.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
green r my tear$
I Praise GOD for my TALENT$ and MOTIVATION!!

U R ONLY LIMITED BY UR IMAGINATION!! SO IMAGE...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2007 09:09:17 PM »

*sweetie my daughter is trying to crochet this FBB right now.  i had to take her to get the book, then go to joann for the needle size N, 2 skeins of yarn (which was not enough, i told her to get extra just in case), and had to go to michael's for the 3rd skein. i pray that it comes out correct it looks great to me.  i really appreciate ur FBB that inspired her to go beyond her capability.  she is using a pattern for the first time and have several books around to assist her and of course me (i do not know much more than her but i do my best with assisting her). 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Katrena'sGifts&Such

Enrolled Swap:
Emiko Hime

I object to your reality and substitute my own!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2007 06:23:45 PM »

Thanks everyone for the kind comments!   Grin

Also, there is basically nbothing different you have to do for this bag, just use a super bulky yarn and a size N-15 hook!  No extra rows or increases needed Smiley

*sweetie my daughter is trying to crochet this FBB right now.  i had to take her to get the book, then go to joann for the needle size N, 2 skeins of yarn (which was not enough, i told her to get extra just in case), and had to go to michael's for the 3rd skein. i pray that it comes out correct it looks great to me.  i really appreciate ur FBB that inspired her to go beyond her capability.  she is using a pattern for the first time and have several books around to assist her and of course me (i do not know much more than her but i do my best with assisting her). 

Glad I could inspire her, green r my tear$!  I don't know if your daughter knows how to crochet already, but I wish her luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
green r my tear$

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2007 06:38:31 PM »

do you fold the bag length wise or in half? man this bag has grow since last night.

Thanks everyone for the kind comments!   Grin

Also, there is basically nbothing different you have to do for this bag, just use a super bulky yarn and a size N-15 hook!  No extra rows or increases needed Smiley

Glad I could inspire her, green r my tear$!  I don't know if your daughter knows how to crochet already, but I wish her luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Katrena'sGifts&Such

Enrolled Swap:
Emiko Hime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2007 01:28:15 PM »

Legnthwise
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tenille
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2007 12:02:32 PM »

I'm so happy you tried this bigger! I'd been thinking about trying it because what you said is true. The little one is just that...too little for me. I'm a big girl, I need big accessories. lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm on Ravelry Now!!! my usrname is Libraryhooker

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tenille
www.libraryhooker.blogspot.com

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."-Terry Pratchett
green r my tear$

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2007 04:30:35 PM »

*a there just wanted u to know that i started my FBB yesterday* *i plan on making some change* *once done i will post it so u can see* also, did u line ur FBB?* Cheesy Grin. thank u!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Katrena'sGifts&Such

Enrolled Swap:
Emiko Hime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2007 08:13:18 PM »

Yeah, I *sorta* did.  I didn't have enough fabric, so it came out really crappy, but there's a tutorial on lining it somewhere....

All I know is that you're supposed to line it BEFORE adding the handles that hold the straps!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
green r my tear$

« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2007 12:26:29 PM »

*yes, i did see that.  my daughter put her strap on before putting the lining in.  i am on row 41 right now.  i can not wait to see how it comes out.  did u hand or machine sew the lining in?  i am thinking i hand baste the lining first then machine sew it*  are you going to make another FBB soon?

Yeah, I *sorta* did.  I didn't have enough fabric, so it came out really crappy, but there's a tutorial on lining it somewhere....

All I know is that you're supposed to line it BEFORE adding the handles that hold the straps!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Katrena'sGifts&Such

Enrolled Swap:
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Trim Your Own Bangs
Using a Curling Iron
How to Give Yourself Perfect Highlights
How to Give Yourself a Mohawk
How to Get Rid of Dandruff
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...