A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,388
Currently Running With Scissors:
534 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stenciling Lotsa Tees, Whats the best way to do it?  (Read 951 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Liberry Booked
« on: September 13, 2007 07:53:43 PM »

I'm considering buying a whole bunch of brightly colored tees from micheals and stenciling our logo on it. Its a little outline of a cute robot that say's we're the robotics team in a speech bubble. I'm wondering if there was an easy way to do this without making multiple stencils. The outlines are kind of thin though.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.etsy.com/shop/magicalmiracles
(Check me out Cheesy)

http://magicalmiracles.co.cc
( I have my own website to blog on about craftiness! :DD)
ellebelle
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007 02:25:25 AM »

you could use plastic OHP sheets you can just wipe the paint off of them and reuse the same one. if your doing loads though it might be worth trying to borrow a silkscreenfrom somewhere.
-x-
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftytatt
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007 01:56:07 PM »

The way that I did it (bulk printing) was I actually bought acetate paper from Dick Blick.  It is plastic.  The only problem is that you have to be careful, because the problem that I found was that if your paint is too thin, it will bleed under the stencil.  This allows for me to make my stencil images however big I want to make them!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DirkDynamo
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007 07:24:48 PM »

if you have a screen printing frame, you can use it with your stencil.  what you do is tape your stencil to the bottom of the screen printing mesh. Also tape around the outside of the stencil to keep ink from coming through. at first, the paper seems to be flimsy on the frame, but after the first pass with the squeegee the ink saturates the mesh and acts as a glue to keep the paper stuck to the bottom. because of this, do a test print on a sheet of paper or something disposable before you use it for any shirts. this will substitute for buying emulsion, which is usually the most expensive part of craft screenprinting. if you use wax paper it will last for at least 15 shirts. if you don't have a screenprinting frame, you can look in the screenprinting discussion forums to see some alternatives. some crafsters have gotten good results with a wooden picture frame and curtain material.

or you could cut your stencil out of corrugated cardboard, and spraypaint each shirt one after the other. It is harder to get the fine detail in cardboard but it is more durable and rigid enough to support itself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Macromedia Flash 8 - Creating and Arranging Buttons
Macromedia Flash 8 - Combining Animations into One Project
Macromedia Flash 8 - Using Graphic Symbols
Macromedia Flash 8 - Adding Audio, Swapping Symbols and Testing a Movie
Macromedia Flash 8 - Creating Animations
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Kitchen Dishtowels with Fabric Accents
Tomato/Tomahto
Meatless Monday: Veggie Bolognese Sauce

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...