A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,702
Currently Running With Scissors:
669 Guests and 40 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: San Jose?  (Read 3632 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

meepum

^me and j9crafts. yeah. I'm a superhero.

View Profile WWW
« on: July 26, 2007 10:52:41 AM »

Anyone in San Jose, Santa Clara, Campbell, Saratoga area interested in a San Jose craft swap and/or party?

(I live in Santa Clara)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zoena

I love Halloween..

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007 03:10:17 PM »

*waves hand in the air wildly* me me me!!! I'm in Cupertino ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meepum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007 05:12:25 PM »

*waves hand in the air wildly* me me me!!! I'm in Cupertino ^_^

YAY another person! Do you have any crafty friends in this area?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zoena

I love Halloween..

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007 05:38:28 PM »

Err, I haven't lived here very long... Tho I guess it's 2 years already >_< I'm really from New Hampshire, where it's hard to find someone who DOESN'T knit or crochet. We got moved out here because of my husband's job. I miss snow! And cool yarn stores, and the sister I crocheted with all the time!  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meepum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007 10:07:10 PM »

Err, I haven't lived here very long... Tho I guess it's 2 years already >_< I'm really from New Hampshire, where it's hard to find someone who DOESN'T knit or crochet. We got moved out here because of my husband's job. I miss snow! And cool yarn stores, and the sister I crocheted with all the time!  Cry

Sad I don't crochet, but I love to craft! We need to get this going!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zoena

I love Halloween..

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007 10:47:29 PM »

So what crafts are you into? ^_^ Crochet is my CURRENT obsession, but i've done all sorts of things from weaving to woodcarving to gilding.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meepum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2007 11:24:14 PM »

So what crafts are you into? ^_^ Crochet is my CURRENT obsession, but i've done all sorts of things from weaving to woodcarving to gilding.

I mostly sew, make things out of polymer clay, make artwork, and stencil t-shirts. I've been stencilling a lot lately. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zoena

I love Halloween..

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007 09:36:05 AM »

I've definitely played with stenciling, and a little bit with polymer clay.. I want to learn to sew, been begging hubby for a sewing machine, he says for xmas, trying to talk him into sooner, mwahahahaha.... Have you played with gilding at all? gold leaf is somewhat compatible with both polymer clay and stenciling, you an create some nifty effects with it. It's like phyllo dough is to cooking, tho. It's ridiculously thin and can be quite a pain in the ass to work with, but once you learn to handle it well you can do some pretty cool stuff with it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meepum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007 04:34:56 PM »

I've definitely played with stenciling, and a little bit with polymer clay.. I want to learn to sew, been begging hubby for a sewing machine, he says for xmas, trying to talk him into sooner, mwahahahaha.... Have you played with gilding at all? gold leaf is somewhat compatible with both polymer clay and stenciling, you an create some nifty effects with it. It's like phyllo dough is to cooking, tho. It's ridiculously thin and can be quite a pain in the ass to work with, but once you learn to handle it well you can do some pretty cool stuff with it.

Hmmm no I don't think I've ever gilded anything... but it sounds pretty rad... I'm willing to try anything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zoena

I love Halloween..

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007 09:35:29 PM »

I did however find that in front of a fan is NOT a good idea to attempt. even a light breeze and suddenly the room is covered in little flakes of gold floating everywhere XD If/when we get together I should show you how, I've made some cool stuff by leafing over polymer clay. Incredibly geeky stuff considering they were for the guys I played D&D with at the time, but still pretty darn cool. It also sticks to hot glue, and looks like molten metal. ooooooooo.... shiiiiiiny... @_@

Anyhow, tell me more about you! ^_^ I'm 29, married, no kids, and a crazy geeky otaku girl (I've admined an anime forum since 2003). I was born in Ohio, moved to New Hampshire when I was about 8, to Colorado when I was 18, lived there 5 years, back to New Hampshire for 4-5 years, now been in California for 2.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top Picks for Eye Shadow Primer
C&C Try: Apple Cider Vinegar Treatments
How to Get Christmas Tree Nails
Self Magazine’s Perfect Stocking Stuffers
Day to Night Hairstyle Tutorials
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...