A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 298,787
Currently Running With Scissors:
685 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: San Jose?  (Read 3744 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

meepum

^me and j9crafts. yeah. I'm a superhero.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2007 08:24:05 AM »

I did however find that in front of a fan is NOT a good idea to attempt. even a light breeze and suddenly the room is covered in little flakes of gold floating everywhere XD If/when we get together I should show you how, I've made some cool stuff by leafing over polymer clay. Incredibly geeky stuff considering they were for the guys I played D&D with at the time, but still pretty darn cool. It also sticks to hot glue, and looks like molten metal. ooooooooo.... shiiiiiiny... @_@

Anyhow, tell me more about you! ^_^ I'm 29, married, no kids, and a crazy geeky otaku girl (I've admined an anime forum since 2003). I was born in Ohio, moved to New Hampshire when I was about 8, to Colorado when I was 18, lived there 5 years, back to New Hampshire for 4-5 years, now been in California for 2.

That's so rad. I really like the idea of putting it over polymer clay to make "gold" jewelery. Molten metal sounds cool too, and also like the name of a band haha

I'm 21, I work full time and go to school part time. I just started at San Jose State and it's EXPENSIVE. Mostly because I'm majoring in graphic design and they're all art classes that cost lots of monies. I was born in Santa Cruz and moved to San Jose when I was 3 or 4. I live with my dad now after leaving my mom when I was 14 and haven't spoken with her since because she "hates me". (Pretty crazy, I know).  Um... I like music... rock and metal... I like to sing, draw, craft... and eat cookies. Um... I've been with my boyfriend for 4 and a half years. He lives with me and my dad. Don't worry, we pay rent haha.

As far as my schedule goes... The only day I have ENTIRELY free would be Sundays... other than that, I have school on Tuesdays and Thursdays so I get out early at around 6pm. When I work, I close so I get out at 10 which is too late.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

digitalmaven
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2007 09:47:15 AM »

If you check out the "Central" board, there are posts about SF Bay Area events in there.  I think the North board is meant for everything north of SF.

Anyway, I'm in a craft group that meets monthly at the Campbell Library, and our September meeting is tonight.  We'll be in the Community Room (downstairs) at 630PM, learning how to make lip balm.

We hold workshops at each meeting, or you can bring your own projects to work on.  We have a mailing list, but you aren't required to sign up in order to attend meetings.

More info here:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/southbaycraftgroup/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meepum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2007 03:16:57 PM »

If you check out the "Central" board, there are posts about SF Bay Area events in there.  I think the North board is meant for everything north of SF.

Anyway, I'm in a craft group that meets monthly at the Campbell Library, and our September meeting is tonight.  We'll be in the Community Room (downstairs) at 630PM, learning how to make lip balm.

We hold workshops at each meeting, or you can bring your own projects to work on.  We have a mailing list, but you aren't required to sign up in order to attend meetings.

More info here:

Yeah I know... I was going to that craft group for a while... but my job position has changed and it requires me to work nights so I can't go anymore. Sad So I was trying to start a new thing... but not like a monthly thing... like a meet up whenever we can thing...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

digitalmaven
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2007 04:17:28 PM »

Oh, really?  I've been going to the meetings very regularly since the group started, but I don't think we've met.  Or maybe I'm just not recognizing you from your picture.

I meant to post for everyone on the thread though, so whoever else is interested, please come Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meepum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2007 09:09:41 PM »

Oh, really?  I've been going to the meetings very regularly since the group started, but I don't think we've met.  Or maybe I'm just not recognizing you from your picture.

I meant to post for everyone on the thread though, so whoever else is interested, please come Smiley

my name's Alycia... um... here's some pics from the meetings I went to:

my friend Jeanine:

yeah Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

digitalmaven
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2007 09:35:43 AM »

Oh!  Ok, I do know you Smiley

Sorry, but I really couldn't recognize you from your photo.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meepum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2007 11:09:41 AM »

Oh!  Ok, I do know you Smiley

Sorry, but I really couldn't recognize you from your photo.

hey Valerie! Yeah Jeanine and I have been talking about doing this for a while...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

moondoggie242
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2007 03:27:50 PM »

Hi everyone!

My name is Melissa, and I'm a junior at San Jose State.  I've been wanting to meet crafters in the area, and I figured this would be a great way to start.

I'm a graphic design/advertising major, and I'm into silkscreening, clothing design and paper crafts mostly.

I'm also the new Event Coordinator for Michaels in Coleman Avenue in San Jose, and I'm currently looking for passionate crafters who would be willing to lead classes and help others out with their skill. 

It's a really great opportunity to meet new people, have fun and make some money.  Instructors get a 25% discount and a percentage of registration money for their classes.  Scheduling is very, very flexible.  I'll work around anyone's availability, and an instructor can lead a class as often or seldom as he or she pleases.

Right now I'm in desperate need of someone who knows how to bead/make jewelry.  If you're interested or you know anyone who may be interested let me know asap!!!

Have a great day!

melissa lopez
melissalopez1986@gmail.com

THIS ROCKS   Logged
stopmoshun
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2007 08:27:42 AM »

There is a craft group that meets at the Campbell Library. The next one is tomorrow:
Craft Meet Up at the Campbell Library

December 1st at 11 am - Jewelry workshop - hours of fun with beads!

Street: 77 Harrison Ave.
City/State/Zip: Campbell, CA 95008

For ages 13 and up. And it's FREE!
there is a thread on it here
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=33790.0
and the yahoo group

It would be great if you could come!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

OmJane
-Tanya [tawn-yuh]

clickity clack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2008 07:00:01 PM »

i feel like im a year late for this, but oh well.
okay so i just recently moved to san jose, and decided to discover this topic.
and woohoo! i go to sjsu too!
moondoggie242, im an advertising major, and a junior as well. were crafty people, eh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog: Flour and Fleece

"On the contrary, it is you who are crazy to think that you are mighty because you can wound and destroy. That is the task of children. The mighty know how to create and heal."
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Gluten-Free Oatmeal Cookies
Learn A Delicious Lemon and Vanilla Crème Brulee Recipe
How to Make a Victoria Meringue Sponge Cake
How to Make a New York-Style Cheesecake
How to Make Galaktoboureko
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Sherlock Matchbox
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...