A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,719
Currently Running With Scissors:
738 Guests and 54 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Reversible Retro Wrap Jumper Top- NEW Semi-TUTE (Way IMG heavy)  (Read 34457 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2007 , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

livvyloo
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2007 07:15:46 PM »

I LOVE this romper! I have already made 2 dresses for my daughter. I guess I need some help.  Huh

What size dress is the one that you made for your daughter (who is absolutely gorgeous by the way, she looks like a little Drew Barrymore!)? I tried searching for the pattern online to see if I could buy it maybe off eBay but no luck. Did the pattern include other sizes and if so, would you be willing to post or PM me the measurements? I need to have this dress for my daughter, but I think I have wasted enough material.

Any help would be great. Or has anyone figured out the ratios for other sizes?

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kimberlina
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2007 05:46:06 AM »

livvyloo, the dress was a size 3T.  My DD is generally a smallish size 4T, so I just cut all the outside lines a little wider than normal.  The pattern did not include any other sizes.

Where are your dresses going wrong?  Where is it fitting wonky or not fitting at all?  Can you post or PM a picture of what the problem(s) are?  I'm far from a pro seamstress, but I'm sure I and/or we can help you figure it out, and then I can go back and tweak the  (obviously not terribly helpful) tute so that it will be a little more workable for others, as well.

What size is your daughter?  If you post or send her measurements (chest and length from base of neck to ? wherever you would want the dress to fall) I'll try to figure it out.

If that doesn't work for us, I will try to figure something else out. I haven't ever worked with PDF before, but maybe something along those lines that could be enlarged and printed would work.  I dunno.  But we'll figure it out.  (I could also just cut out the pattern from newspaper if nothing else works and mail it to you.  Or wait, my husband is the king of photoshop, and maybe something there will work that could be printed out on 4 or 6 sheets of printer paper and be taped together.  We WILL make this work!!!)

We're having company overnight, so be patient with me if I am unable to get back to you right away.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
livvyloo
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2007 08:03:15 AM »

I am pm'ing you now. Thanks for being so helpful and sweet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Riana
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2007 12:04:30 AM »

This is so adorable. Thank you so much for sharing the directions so that we can make it too. And it is so much like that one for 54 dollars!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
applesonastick
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2007 07:20:16 PM »

I love this dress! I wanna make some for my little cousins..but I have a question. I'm curious about the back; are the flaps big enough to cover everything if they sit down or bend over to pick something up? Basically..does everything stay covered? lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hrista
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2007 01:00:45 PM »

Amazing! I'm going to make one. It looks easy. Kisses and thanks from Spain.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rikkismama
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2007 11:49:24 AM »

I hope I'm not being too much of a pest, but do you by chance have any additional measurements from the pattern??

I think that I will need to make it a bit bigger once I get it drawn to fit my dd, but I just can't get it drawn  Cheesy.  Of course this is my first attempt at drawing a pattern in this way. 

Thank you so much, I love the look of this and SO want to make several for my little one.

Thanks again
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Coloradocrafter
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2007 08:48:28 PM »

Ok, I just attempted this ADORABLE dress but when my little one moves around, the back is way too open.  Not sure if I need to adjust the pattern to have a larger skirt base to take care of this or move over where the arm holes are....help!  I LOVE the dress and it was super easy (I haven't put the buttons on yet).  I just want to tweek it to get it so she can wear it without showing her panties to the world....any other suggestions?  I made the dress a 4T and maybe I didn't make ALL the pieces alittle bigger and that is what is throwing things off....I'm new at this sewing thing :-)

Any suggestions would be a huge help!  Thanks for posting this pattern and tute!

Holly (ColoradoCrafter)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Muria
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2007 09:13:14 AM »

The pattern I had like this had bloomers (shorts with elastic at the bottoms of the legs).  I think it's more designed to be a shirt than a dress (at least the one I made).  The last time I made it, I paired it with plain shorts.  If you make the shorts in the same fabric, it shouldn't be too obvious.   

You could also extend  the lower side edges a bit, and maybe put a small snap around waist/hip height to help hold it closed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
CrimsonSparkles
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2007 07:37:33 AM »

just curios-
how does it become a dress? that would look adorable on my sister, but i missed how it wraps around her. thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Best Burger in New York City: The Brindle Room
Dr. Travis Makes a Healthy Deep Dish Pizza
Fun and Affordable Summer Grilling Tips
How to Make Creamy Mac and Cheese with Bread Crumb Crust
Kicked Up Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...