A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,760
Currently Running With Scissors:
518 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Harry Potter fanart (post yours!) - spoiler-free unless otherwise noted! IMG HVY  (Read 2401 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sirensrising
« on: July 25, 2007 05:46:42 AM »

It was only a matter of time before it infiltrated EVERY board...  Grin

So I was never one for fanart, but last night (ahem, this morning at about 4am in bed) the mood struck me. It's really difficult after the movies, particularly OotP where a lot of new characters were introduced and in my opinion, really perfectly cast (I was apprehensive at first but I think almost all the new ones are perfect), and most of these don't even look like how I imagine but hey, they're fun! So these are my rough line sketches (I can only draw girls for some reason, and I know they're a bit samey)

Tonks. Her hair is a bit curly rather than spikey but that was on purpose (spoilery).

Hermione

Ginny - there's something about Ginny that I have a bit of a problem with, I'm not quite sure what. Anyway, I wanted to try and do a really pretty Ginny (although Bonnie Wright is looking quite pretty herself these days). It didn't mention if she had freckles or not on Wiki or the Harry Potter Lexicon, even though she's a Weasley, so, I left them out for now. Hope you like the snitch earrings  Cheesy

And after doing Ginny, I tried to do Ron. And failed.

He's not naked (I wish  Roll Eyes), I just often only draw necks and shoulders.

And this one I really like  Cheesy

I took a stab at colouring one of them in digitally with my atrocious software that came with my scanner - it's no masterpiece and it's completely flat but it gives the idea and was suprisingly fun! (I think I like her more with freckles too)

Oh, and they're all just inky pen on sketchbook paper.

Comments would be exceptionally welcome, as would constructive criticism (they're only sketches but it never hurts!). And please, add your own!  Grin
(but give plenty of warning before the image if it relates to Deathly Hallows or is in any way spoilery though, thanks!)

ETA: I just spent far too long colouring in my Luna. I'm so happy with how she turned out - this was my first time ever doing digital stuff like this (aside from the above Ginny Tongue) and ever using GIMP (I braved it, finally!) so please let me know what you think!  Smiley
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007 09:26:30 AM by sirensrising » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists beyond measure are man's greatest treasure... Wink
Come check out my art and craft blog and say hello! LAST UPDATED: 7th September!
My artwork at Etsy!
cdraz
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007 06:24:17 AM »

Wow...I think these are super fantastic!!!   LOVE the wat you draw!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
k^2
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007 06:34:50 AM »

Your sketches have a lot of personality, I dig them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come on in, I'll put on a pot of bourbon.
cdraz
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007 06:36:09 AM »

you should post them in the coloring section and see how different people color them.....cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sirensrising
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007 06:52:09 AM »

Thanks so much!  Cheesy

I didn't even know there was a colouring section! Although, I don't think I'm ready to let my little sketchies out into the big world yet...I think I'd rather other people didn't work with them if that's okay, atrocious as my own colouring efforts may be  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come check out my art and craft blog and say hello! LAST UPDATED: 7th September!
My artwork at Etsy!
Kedrock
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007 07:36:02 AM »

Amazing drawings.  They look like they could be characters on an animated TV series!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Snootzie

Proof that my brother once adored me

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2007 08:03:06 AM »

I think Luna is my favorite as well....I adore her in the books  :-)   Though Ginny looks quite nice....  I am glad you made her pretty, the books are often emphasizing just how pretty she is....  I don't think your ron turned out all that bad...  I have to admit that the twins are two of my fav's from the books.... but I know what you mean about feeling you can only draw girls...  I can only draw lighthouses... if it isn't a lighthouse, I can't draw it... don't know why....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just bought a new house... okay the house isn't new... it was actually born in the same month and year I was!!
sirensrising
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2007 09:21:55 AM »

Thanks Kedrock!  Cheesy
Although now's probably the time for that disclaimer about JKR owning the characters, heh...

Snootzie, I agree, the books are always raving about her and while Bonnie Wright is pretty, I'm not sure if she's quite the Ginny for me...I tried drawing Snape and that was just  Roll Eyes but I might try again and try some of the other male characters eventually...after the girls Wink
And the lighthouse thing made me laugh...you should draw HP characters in lighthouse form!  Cheesy

I just spent too long colouring my Luna in GIMP (finally! I used it!) so I'm going to add that to the original post and probably spend too long colouring some of the others too...it was really fun! First proper digital work ever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My artwork at Etsy!
cdraz
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2007 10:51:10 AM »

The coloring is great....really made me notice the earring!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sirensrising
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2007 11:16:21 AM »

Thanks, cdraz!  Cheesy

Okay, here are some more coloured ones:
Quick and simple Tonks (that's what you get for not having a body, I guess)

It's a little plain but I think her skin and twinkly dark violet eyes came out nice.

And...properly coloured Ginny! I love this, I'm really happy with it. If you're wondering why she's so tanned looking, um...this is after their trip to Egypt, k?
Please note her little Gryffindor crest...I had a picture of it open in front of me for reference and there are even little diamond-shaped crosses in there!

I had no idea digital colouring was this much fun! I think I've started something  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My artwork at Etsy!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Air Graffiti Wall Takes Street Art Off the Streets
How to Draw Pascal
How to Draw Otto
How to Draw Orihime
How to Draw Mung Daal
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...