A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,381
Currently Running With Scissors:
616 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Finally settled on a theme for my room!! .... But now what?  (Read 694 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

thisissunshine
« on: July 25, 2007 01:04:52 AM »

So after much thought I've decided on a weather type room.  Me and my friend drew this picture I want to turn into a mural, it's a cartoon drawing of a cloud with sun in one corner, rain and lightening in the other and a rainbow coming out of it.  Then below it we have 3 mountains on is snowy the other is summery and the last is rainy.  I really really enjoy it and want to get a big canvas so I can take it with me when I move out.  But what should I do with the rest of my room?  I want to to match the mural.  So any ideas that you have including bedding, a desk, bedside tables, wall color, or other ideas, would be appreciated!  I'll try my best to scan the  picture so you all get an idea, but it's not colored yet and I think I might take out or add stuff.  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SkitzoLeezra
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007 03:10:32 PM »

Instead of a "match" to your mural, how about incorporating textures?  Say, blue fabric on curtains, sand color desk, etc.  I would keep the prints to a minimum so your murals are the focus. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PimpernelSmith
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm sooo over due to get over an ocean...*waves at far away places*

Jack of all Crafts -- Master of None

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007 03:18:18 PM »

Fluffy white bedding; or have a blue water carpet, and make your bed a rowboat...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.Dave Barry
thisissunshine
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007 10:36:28 AM »

Oooo thanks for the good ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jessersmisadventures

we are the knights that say nee!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007 04:54:53 PM »

Throw pillows in fun shapes like clouds, rainbows, suns, etc.  I think I've seen bedding in clouds and sky patterns . . . I think I used to have a celestial quilt with suns and stars (I wonder what happened to it?  Oh, the joys of moving frequently!).  Hope that helps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my beautiful, brand new shop! I am currently offering free shipping to all fellow Craftsters!

www.Palmyria.etsy.c om
thisissunshine
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007 01:33:23 PM »

I just saw a target commercial on tv with a room that would be PERFECT!!!  It's blue with white clouds everywhere.  But those clouds don't look like their painted on.  And since I'm not too good with a brush do you think it'd look fine if I cut them out of material and did some sewing??  Here's the link to their website where you can find out what it looks like.  thanks!

http://www.target.com/gp/browse.html/ref=sc_iw_l_1/602-3906162-9879042?node=13035431
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Festive Wrapping-Paper Coasters
Holiday Glittered Hurricanes
How to Create Vegetable Vessels for Dips
Gourd Gobbler Centerpiece
Rustic Holiday Flower Arrangement
Latest Blog Articles
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...