A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 303,936
Currently Running With Scissors:
507 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New Bead & Button forums  (Read 687 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ShiningStar
« on: July 24, 2007 09:31:31 AM »

Hi,
I don't know if anyone here posts over there.  The format has changed.  The subjects have been divided between the three magazines so its like going to three differnt messages instead of one.

http://www.beadandbutton.com
http://www.beadstylemag.com
http://www.artjewelrymag.com
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007 09:33:21 AM by ShiningStar » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are  --John Wooden
carlierae26
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007 04:25:54 PM »

I don't like them.  They haven't brought up the archives, so all the useful information's lost Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ShiningStar
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007 04:19:05 PM »

They said that they will bring the aechives back as read only content.  I've noticed that traffic over there is way down since the "improvements".
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are  --John Wooden
maryanns66
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007 05:35:55 AM »

I use to go there almost every day, but since the change, I don't. It's a big mess to try to find something, who posted, etc.
People are posting on the different forums and seems like every time I go there, I'm spending way too much time finding topics of interest, and the artists that were my favorites.
Although I never posted much, I did enjoy learning and seeing all the goodies different artist designed.

I think the three magazines ripped their britches when the split up everything. There are a lot of people who are frustrated and have disappeared. It's a shame because before the change, it was the most active forum around as far as all types of jewelry making.

They should design the whole thing like Craftster's Forum where all the subjects are on one page and it's so easy to navigate all the different forums. Maybe we should post the moderators a link to Crafters and show them how their forum should be set up :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ShiningStar
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007 05:29:21 PM »

I did mention craftster in a post but when I went back it was gone.  I pm'ed someone who know posted in that thread.  She said that it confirmed that it was delated.  She went on to tell me that when I left the thread it got very negative.  She also said she e-mail one of the editors because people should be able to say what they don't like as long as it's not nasty.

So, now I don't know if it's safe to mention Craftster or anyother craft website or magazine.  They said they spend a year on the website.  It's no good if it's not user friendly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Trend Report - All About White
Spanx: Good For Your Silhouette, Bad For Your Health?
The Best Swimsuits for Your Body Type
Why Is This Star Wearing Head-to-Toe Purple?
Learn the Trick to Getting Clump-Free Mascara
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2
How to Make Tshirt Rugs

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...