A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,793
Currently Running With Scissors:
843 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What to use as a lining for a reusable fabric sandwich wrap?  (Read 13083 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Caine
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007 05:19:40 PM »

lemme see if my husband can find out where his friend got it -- or, yeah, i wanna screen print too! either way ... i'll get back to you!

the wicking thing does sound important -- if I can get these nice and fresh and lovely to use ... could be much better! gotta be easy and sanitary seeming enough to convert my DH -- we got him to use cloth diapers so I know that there is a way!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kd
Ta Da, It's Miss America!

If you can't convince them, confuse them.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2007 06:32:33 PM »

I just picked up some ripstop nylon at Mills End Textiles that was $3.99 a yard.

A site I found claims: This fabric offers a high level of water repellancy combined with breathability & comfort. It features a Supplex microfibre Nylon base cloth that's highly durable, cottony soft, a special micro coating on the back for water repellency that's breathable, & a teflon based durable water repellant finish on the face of the fabric for added protection against the elements. Supplex is wind resistant and water repellant, lightweight and it is very durable & quick to dry.

It sounds like it would work slick but I don't know about the teflon and your food.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There is no such thing as a stay-at-home mom.
Jillie
Crazy Craft Lady

Life is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2007 06:55:29 PM »

Teflon is only unsafe for food if it is heated above 500 degrees.  So it would be OK for a sandwich, unless you guys are making some kind of intense sandwiches I've never heard of  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.lost.eu/1871f  This is an invitation!

Tetris, pretty colors, and (of course) lots of knitting!
Check out my new blog at:
http://saltwaterpurls.blogspot.com
Caine
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2007 07:41:12 PM »

MAKE WAY FOR THE HOTTEST SANDWICHES ON EARTH!!!!!

well, I am sure, in any case that my hot water in the washer doesn't get that hot, let alone my sandwich and I don't suppose we'd put them in the microwave!

I am leaning towards the rip-stop nylon, for the breathes a bit & can be tossed in the washer and line dried ,,, though vinyl (after finding out which type is "food-safe") or oil cloth would be good too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
EowynUlysses
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2007 07:44:31 PM »

I have a sandwich wrap that I purchased. It is lined with vinyl, to wipe clean. I use it a lot and love it! I have also made them using vinyl tablecloth. I think I like these other ideas better, for the next time I make some.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swaps are fun!

Fun websites to give for free: thehungersite.com, freerice.com, care2.com

Wanted: Sock yarn scraps for a shawl.
Caine
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2007 06:09:10 AM »

EowynUlysses -- so glad to hear form someone who has some and has made some. The tablecloth is a great idea too. Hmmmm. Perhaps I will try all 4 options and see which ones we end up using the most!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftykaida
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2007 11:57:42 PM »

You could get some outdoor fabric. Like the stuff used for lawn chair cushions. I see a ton at Jo-annes all the time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Caine
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2007 07:55:20 AM »

great idea! i will check it out. i picked up some ripstop nylon this week and hope to make a few trials with that and some oil cloth I have lying about. Haven't bought vinyl yet ... but will keep you all posted! Thanks for replying and thinking this through.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
threehang
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2007 10:02:18 AM »

Sandwich bags are such a good idea! I totally want to try it now too. Keep us posted on your results!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Caine
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2007 10:22:23 AM »

I will indeed! we're off for a month away but i can report back in sept -- meanwhile, share what you make as well?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Soften Skin in Lightroom
Adjustment Brush in Lightroom
Exposure Blending Panoramic Photography
Do megapixels really matter on digital cameras?
How to Photograph Running Water
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...