A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,658
Currently Running With Scissors:
468 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: please tell me im not the only Newfoundlander  (Read 6848 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Vood
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2006 05:10:41 PM »

Earlier in the summer a friend of mine took a stab at setting up a stich n bitch kinda thing in the hair tech at MUN. Don't know how well it went or if it'll be on in Sept but I'll let you know.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sewcute

i'm/addicted/to/purses

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2006 09:58:28 AM »

yay!  i'm a newfoundlander too!  i didn't realize there were so many other newfies who hung out at this forum!  now that i do know, i was thinking it would be cool if we had a newfoundlanders only craft swap (not neccessarily newfoundland "themed"  but with newfoundland members as the swappers) !  i would organize it myself but you have to already particpated in at least 2 swaps to do so.  i have been wanting to participate in a swap for so long now but i would like to start out close to home, where i know there is a much better chance of sending/receiving the packages safely.  i posted in the swap gallery looking for a canada only swap and ended up finding this post about newfies on craftster ... so if anyone is interested and fits the criteria for starting a swap .. i think it would be an excellent idea and i would be totally interested in participating! Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Just_A_Girl
[Insert witty title here]

Straight to this very day it was the wrong way

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2006 07:18:12 PM »

I am def. excited that school is startingback up soon, and it would be nice to start a     stitch and bitch group of some sort. And Sewcute, Ive never participated in a swap before, but Im always for up for new things, so Id be game  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I blame it on the bunny....

[Future home of a someday blog URL]
cree8r
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2006 05:56:28 AM »

Hi everyone, I'm originally from Ontario, but moved to the Carbonear area just over a year ago. I do miss all the craft stores that I used to frequent. There is a small sewing store close by, but if I need any amount of items I have to drive for an hour  into St. John's. I would really like to find a place for learning quilting, without having to travel into the " city", gas is not cheap!! I also miss the big Sewing/Craft Show that comes to Toronto twice a year. Is there anything like that here?? Sometimes I get jealous of our friends in the U.S. they have great places for crafts and there stuff is cheaper to!!  One craft light I wanted to buy in the U.S is just over 200.00 here ( In Canada) it would cost me close to 500.00 with the S/H.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
krafty_kelly
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2006 07:35:04 PM »

Hi to all.  Another fellow Newfoundlander here.  Actually Labradorian too, since I've been living here for 16 years.  I was wondering if anyone here knows where one could purchase spinning supplies in St. John's.  I will be visiting town the end of September and I think I need to start yet another form of crafting.

I'm interested in spinning yarn from roving, using a spindle of some sort.  I know I can purchase supplies online, but I would really like to actually handle some supplies first, just to see if I can spin.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just_A_Girl
[Insert witty title here]

Straight to this very day it was the wrong way

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2006 03:29:37 PM »

Sorry Kelly, I tried looking up some places that might sell spinning..stuff. But nothing I could find. But Im sure we have something. Just gotta keep looking.
Also just wondering if anyone had actually attempted the Stitch and Bitch groups or any "Newfoundlander" swaps. Just curious.
-Marie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I blame it on the bunny....

[Future home of a someday blog URL]
krafty_kelly
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2006 06:54:58 PM »

Sorry Kelly, I tried looking up some places that might sell spinning..stuff. But nothing I could find. But Im sure we have something. Just gotta keep looking.

Thanks Marie, I asked for a sheep for Christmas, but...I'm pretty sure thats not gonna happen  Wink  My grandfather used to keep sheep years ago.  Man was I ever afraid of them!  They use to run wild.  Now I'd love to have one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KrisCreates

Keep on rockin' in the craft world!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2007 01:51:24 PM »

Wow, I've been on Craftster for about 4 months but this is the first time I noticed this section of the forum!  Newfoundlanders!  Hooray! 
I live on the west coast in Corner brook and I go to Sir Wilfred Grenfell college.   I know this topic is old, but I still wanted to say "HI!!!" 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

krafty_kelly
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2007 02:45:47 PM »

Hi KrisCreates!  Welcome to craftster...or crackster.  You'll find it very addicting.  Yes, there are a few of us on here.  I'm in Goose Bay, and I know personally of 5 members of craftster here in town.  I'm sure there are more throughout the province.

Corner Brook is a great city (the west coast in general is wonderful).   I was there last month.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Tie a Corset
The Differences Between Cupless Lingerie and a Half-Bra
How to Choose Cupless Lingerie
Celebrity Tips on Selecting Push Up Bras
Selecting Push Up Bras for Full Breasted Women
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...