A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,707
Currently Running With Scissors:
735 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: More lace, that vogue shrug, and Naughtiness!  (Read 3512 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

corbeau64
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007 06:47:50 AM »

Aww, I'm blushing! Thanks so much!

I bow down in admiration and respect of your skills!   Smiley  Amazing!  That Vogue Shrug looks really complicated and very impressive!  Why is it impossible to wear?  The lace wrap is delightful and the "Naughtiness" is charming!  Will you wear Naughtiness as an under or outer garmet?  I'd be tempted to wear it as an outer for all to see!

The problem w/the Vogue shrug is that there's just waaaaay too much fabric in the front, even for my *ahem* chesty frame- were it not for the sleeves, I could wrap it around myself twice. As for the corset, it's outerwear. It's too much fun to keep to myself, after all!

Great job on all the FO's!  Are the photos taken in a yarn shop, or is that your craft room?  I'm envious of your workspace Smiley

It's a yarn shop. My place of work, though lately I've not been doing much actual knitting there thanks to the joys of inventory.

Wow!!! Love them all!!! You sure have skills!! I haven't seen the book Naughty Needles yet... or if I did - I sure did not see that corset. My daughter would beg me for it if she knew it was out there... how tough is it to do? I mean - you are a Knitting Queen... I am just a jester!

*still blushing* I don't know about knitting queen, but thanks! The book is by Nikol Lohr, and the title of the project is Felt Up. It's really easy to do. It's knit sideways and then seamed together, and you want the seams to show! It took no time at all, and with multiple stranding you have the opportunity to play with color a lot!

Thanks so much again, I'm glad you liked these pieces!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fiber_freak

ruthee in Jacksonville -- Proud Knitting Bitch =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2007 01:53:27 PM »

Thanks for explaining why the Vogue piece didn't work.  I love the pattern and want to knit it....but can/will go into the project knowing it might have letdown attached to it!

The corset....rocks (verb not noun).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog (of course....)
http://saoirse4me.blogspot.com
brandnew
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2007 02:11:55 PM »

Very nice; I especially love the corset!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alexandraf
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2007 09:23:50 PM »

These are all amazing! I love the simplicity of the corset, it has a really elegant feel to it. As for the vogue shrug... well, I don't think I would ever have the patience to knit something so elaborate! It's very beautiful... curious, but beautiful. The lace wrap is great as well... I've only completed one knit lace project so far, and even though it was very simple I still found myself getting frustrated because I wasn't counting properly and kept messing it up. Seeing great work like this always makes me want to try again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Extrapolate that!
luckylily
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2007 09:54:06 PM »

Oh, I love the corset.  The construction and the color are gorgeous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
corbeau64
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2007 05:55:41 AM »

These are all amazing! I love the simplicity of the corset, it has a really elegant feel to it. As for the vogue shrug... well, I don't think I would ever have the patience to knit something so elaborate! It's very beautiful... curious, but beautiful. The lace wrap is great as well... I've only completed one knit lace project so far, and even though it was very simple I still found myself getting frustrated because I wasn't counting properly and kept messing it up. Seeing great work like this always makes me want to try again!

The shrug isn't actually all that intricate- it's knit modularly in pentagons (stacking decreases). The most technically challenging bit of the whole thing was trying to figure out how it was supposed to fit.

As for lace counting issues, I propose to you two tools: stitch markers and a really, really good row counter (I like the one clover makes that looks like a frog. They usually run about $10, but are well worth the investment, especially w/lace projects!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
detritus
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2007 01:15:57 PM »

Great work! It's too bad about the Vogue shrug. I know other people have had trouble with the "unwearableness" of that pattern, which is too bad because it's so beautiful draped over the dummy. Smiley Ah well, I've had plenty of projects like that myself. It's a learning experience, huh?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewexciting
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2007 06:24:08 PM »

i LOVE the green you used on the first two projects that you have pictured. The corset is very, very cool. ;]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Life of John Hay, from Lincoln to Roosevelt
David Rotenberg on the Junction Chronicles
Wool by Hugh Howey Trailer
Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare Trailer
Clive Davis Talks About Some of His Favorite Photos
Latest Blog Articles
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...