A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 300,926
Currently Running With Scissors:
355 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wedding invitation scrolls (red/black/silver & blossom theme)  (Read 32319 times)
Tags for this thread: scroll , tutorial , invitation  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

winque
« Reply #100 on: October 23, 2008 01:06:58 PM »

I LOVE YOUR INVITATIONS!!!!  They are exactly what I was looking for.  I, too was a fan of the original Paper*Girl's work, and was looking for alternatives, but your invites had me floored!!!

If it's not too much trouble, do you think you can tell me where you found the plum blossom graphics, esp. the one you used on the actual invitation?  I have been scouring for ages and haven't seen anything quite as perfect as the one you used.  Thanks very much in advance!!!  Cheesy

BTW, my fianc and I also went to the same high school (he was a grade above), and we were always growing up around the same neighborhoods at the same time, but we never met until a couple of years after we were out of college.  We discovered we had a lot in common, including going to the same dentist for years!  Anyhow, I think I read that you had that same thing happen to you, too, so I thought it was very funny. 

Anyhow, hope to hear from you soon about the graphics!!!  If you can, can you just email them to me?  I have my work cut out for me.  Smiley  Thank you!!!   Grin

wow!  Where did you get those graphics?  You did SUCH an amazing job!  The invitations will mean so much more since you made them by hand and hand delivered them!  Those are gorgeous!  I wish you and your future husband every happiness, and may you and yours be blessed!

hehehe... thank you!  I think this whole wedding thing is making me sentimental & emotional. Cheesy

Let me see if I can find the site where I got most of the graphics from.  I think they are actual paintings.  I saved them all to a folder, but being the not-quite-intelligent person that I am, I saved them as "blossom1," "blossom2," etc., instead of saving them as the artist's or website's name...argh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 23, 2008 01:10:18 PM »

Hey there!!  WOWIE, thank you for the compliments!  Actually, I was going to ask if I could email them to you.  Unfortunately, I was a VERY naughty Craftster and just saved them all to a folder on my PC rather than saving the links (so I could give them all credit -- ack).  Sooo... I have a ton of them saved in a folder.  I can send you all of them, if you'd like.

Do you know how to Personal Message?  If so, Personal Message me your email address (please don't post it publically on the forum).

YES, our story is very similar!!  We did know each other in high school (small school), but we never dated until years later.  We definitely took the whole "become friends with them before dating" thing to an extreme. Cheesy

By the way, I see that you just joined Craftster!  So glad that you've found us!  Welcome!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
winque
« Reply #102 on: October 24, 2008 12:22:40 PM »

thanks in advance for the graphics!  I just PM'ed my email addy to you   Grin

I'm new to craftster, but have actually been crafting jewelry, origami, cards and stationery for years, but yes, I'm def. new to this world.  looking forward to seeing all the awesome creations. (sadly, I just can't sew, and I drool when I see that ppl are making their own wedding dresses on this forum (!!!)) 

thank you again, and hope to see more great projects from you!    Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Peppa Mache
« Reply #103 on: September 24, 2012 08:00:06 PM »

Hi, just wanted to know- what margin did you use for the invitation. You did a really great job and I'm thinking about doing this but just needed to know how much of the paper didn't have graphic on it so I know how much to leave so as to roll the dowel up in it!
Thanks

Sweets-the more stuff of yours I see the more I love you Smiley

I'm going to throw this idea at my brother for his wedding. I have a feeling a good amount of my time is going to be used for his wedding. Between my mom and I, the entire thing will probably by DIY. Small weddings + two very crafty gals=DIY. I have to ask though, did you do an assembly line type thing to put them together? I'm thinking my mom could cut the stuff out, I could design and we could both put them together. We have *ahem* problems "crafting" together. We fight. You should have seen us when we painted our bathroom  Roll Eyes, but thats another story...

*blush*  Your post made me smile!  I assembled all by my lonesome, so it wasn't too much of an assembly line.  I sort of did things until I'd get bored with them and then switched to others.  I designed, cut and assembled one entirely before I started more.  I wanted to make sure it would all work out.

Then, basically I did it like this...
Envelopes - Cut out, fold, glue (it sounds so simple, but I think I hated this piece the most...boring!)
Invitations - Many parts!
     Cut the dowels, paint them, hammer in those evil little beads with evil little nails
     Design the invitations on the PC, print them, apply glue & adhere/roll them on dowels & clothespin to dry
     Roll, roll, roll & ribbon for final packaging Smiley
Info packets - Design on PC, print, cut into stacks of 4 (four pages to mine including cover), assemble with brads
Package for mailing - shove it all in your envelope Cheesy, seal/sticker (and postage, of course)

I think you could easily make an assembly line out of any one of the parts or you could assembly line the entire project.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 25, 2012 09:04:54 AM »

Hi, just wanted to know- what margin did you use for the invitation. You did a really great job and I'm thinking about doing this but just needed to know how much of the paper didn't have graphic on it so I know how much to leave so as to roll the dowel up in it!
Thanks

Sweets-the more stuff of yours I see the more I love you Smiley

I'm going to throw this idea at my brother for his wedding. I have a feeling a good amount of my time is going to be used for his wedding. Between my mom and I, the entire thing will probably by DIY. Small weddings + two very crafty gals=DIY. I have to ask though, did you do an assembly line type thing to put them together? I'm thinking my mom could cut the stuff out, I could design and we could both put them together. We have *ahem* problems "crafting" together. We fight. You should have seen us when we painted our bathroom  Roll Eyes, but thats another story...

*blush*  Your post made me smile!  I assembled all by my lonesome, so it wasn't too much of an assembly line.  I sort of did things until I'd get bored with them and then switched to others.  I designed, cut and assembled one entirely before I started more.  I wanted to make sure it would all work out.

Then, basically I did it like this...
Envelopes - Cut out, fold, glue (it sounds so simple, but I think I hated this piece the most...boring!)
Invitations - Many parts!
     Cut the dowels, paint them, hammer in those evil little beads with evil little nails
     Design the invitations on the PC, print them, apply glue & adhere/roll them on dowels & clothespin to dry
     Roll, roll, roll & ribbon for final packaging Smiley
Info packets - Design on PC, print, cut into stacks of 4 (four pages to mine including cover), assemble with brads
Package for mailing - shove it all in your envelope Cheesy, seal/sticker (and postage, of course)

I think you could easily make an assembly line out of any one of the parts or you could assembly line the entire project.

Goodness, I'm not even sure this many years now.  What I would do is a test one with wrapping a dowel.  See how much margin you need to roll and use that as your template.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyAly
« Reply #105 on: November 26, 2012 11:22:27 AM »

Oh wow! I have never seen these before, they are absolutely amazing! I had used save the date cards from Wedding Paper Divas, which came out wonderful. I do also have them lined up for my invitations which I am very excited about. I would have loved to have gone this route, but they must have taken you forever! Really amazing job though, they are so lovely Smiley I would be ecstatic to get something like that in the mail Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create an Origami Christmas Tree
How to Create a Santa Origami
How to Create Origami Dragon
How to Do Origami Dogs
How to Do Origami
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...