A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,610
Currently Running With Scissors:
568 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hummingbird  (Read 5197 times)
Tags for this thread: stained_glass , stepping_stone  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

iblolyvr
« on: November 29, 2004 07:39:19 PM »

just a little something i made in my stained glass class, its a stepping stone

THIS ROCKS   Logged
ultraviolet
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2004 08:15:08 PM »

Very pretty! I've never done stained glass - how long did it take you to make that?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://blog.threegoodrats.com

"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."
ilovepaper
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2004 02:48:30 AM »

I am envious, stained glass is something I've never tried but it is on my life's to-do list. Your hummingbird is really nice. Have you made anything else/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NessaGurl
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2004 05:10:49 AM »

Ohhh thats so pretty...my dad just dropped off all his stained glass equipment yesterday for me...so I'm hoping to make something soon. I've never done stained glass before...was the hummingbird hard for you to do...was that a beginner project (cause it looks hard)Huh  How long did that take you, and do you think you could have learned on your own, or would it be better if I took a course.

Your opinion would be appreciated.

thanks
Nessagurl
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy Shop...
http://thislittlebird.etsy.com 

My Wist
http://www.wists.com/ThisLittleBird

I would love to do a personal swap for Quality, well made felt or crochet play foods for my daughter... contact me if you are interested. Check out my shop to see what I could make for you
iblolyvr
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2004 07:12:50 AM »

Very pretty! I've never done stained glass - how long did it take you to make that?

i did it in school and i dont have the class everyday so i think it took maybe 2-3 weeks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iblolyvr
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2004 07:14:28 AM »

I am envious, stained glass is something I've never tried but it is on my life's to-do list. Your hummingbird is really nice. Have you made anything else/

thanks! im making this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=18078.0 right now
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iblolyvr
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2004 07:17:20 AM »

Ohhh thats so pretty...my dad just dropped off all his stained glass equipment yesterday for me...so I'm hoping to make something soon. I've never done stained glass before...was the hummingbird hard for you to do...was that a beginner project (cause it looks hard)Huh  How long did that take you, and do you think you could have learned on your own, or would it be better if I took a course.

well it was my first project with stained glass ever and i think i went a little over my head to start with, but i like how it turned out. the benefits of taking the course is getting the glass for such a good deal. the lab fee was only $35, and the glass i use is not cheap. it wouldnt be too hard to learn though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
~hayles~
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2004 07:59:17 PM »

Your opinion would be appreciated.

thanks
Nessagurl

i took a stainglass course. it was really good. i made a butterfly and we got all this glass and the tape u need and the  thing that kepps the glass together(having a blonde moment so bare with me) . the tool costs like 150 for a GOOD one and we got that and a whole bunch of other stuff and the course fee was only $125!! ya! hope that helps
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*dont trust anyone, you will only get hurt. trust m. i know*
theheartofgold

donny, you're out of your element

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2004 07:18:42 PM »

i freaking LOVE that to death
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://WaywardGirls.etsy.com

^Homemade Cards Filled With Rage (and Love)
beadgirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

ndnchick

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2004 09:33:27 PM »

I love that!  My best freinds family animal is the humming bird.  Go to her house and you see them every where!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Exposure Bracketing
Shooting Into the Sun
Multiple Exposure Settings: Create Movement
How to Use a Lens Shade
Formatting Media Cards
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...